Demolition of Catastrophe Canyon has begun...

dstrawn9889

no it goes here...
upload_2016-3-15_13-18-37.png

ChesterKiwi

Goodness, I hope not. For just Main Street alone, there's normally 3-4 times a day that the main trash compactor for the area needs to be taken out and dumped. If the Compactors are ever down and CMs only get a regular dumpster, far more are needed.
Just a couple of dianogas in the trash compactors and they wouldn't have that problem.

I'll show myself out.

Moving on, can someone explain to me what the staging area that this will become is for? I've never been quite clear on this. Are they expanding the area of the park or what?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just a couple of dianogas in the trash compactors and they wouldn't have that problem.

I'll show myself out.

Moving on, can someone explain to me what the staging area that this will become is for? I've never been quite clear on this. Are they expanding the area of the park or what?

Whenever a large project is being done in one of the parks they have an area that is used for the construction offices (trailers) as well as parking for the construction workers and a place to stage materials.

For example here is the area that was setup near Typhoon Lagoon to support the Disney Springs work.

Capture.JPG

and here is the one for Avatar..

Capture.JPG

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Having work construction project my whole life I can tell you that a lay down area is required on all major projects. Also the cost of the projects goes up a lot if the laydown site is not adjacent to the work site. I had one project years ago where the lay down site was 1/2 mile from the construction and it add about 20% to the construction cost. A lay down area next to both Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land will say a lot of money.

ChesterKiwi

Whenever a large project is being done in one of the parks they have an area that is used for the construction offices (trailers) as well as parking for the construction workers and a place to stage materials.

For example here is the area that was setup near Typhoon Lagoon to support the Disney Springs work.

View attachment 134787

and here is the one for Avatar..

View attachment 134788

Having work construction project my whole life I can tell you that a lay down area is required on all major projects. Also the cost of the projects goes up a lot if the laydown site is not adjacent to the work site. I had one project years ago where the lay down site was 1/2 mile from the construction and it add about 20% to the construction cost. A lay down area next to both Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land will say a lot of money.

Thank you both for your responses. Always glad to learn something new!

danlb_2000

Premium Member

In the case of DHS, you would have to go on the other side of a major highway to find a place that is suitable for staging. All the land adjacent to DHS is wetlands. So it makes sense that the staging will be within the bounds of the park.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I wonder where staging for the stage 3 will be when current one is ready for attraction use again

Most likely will be like Avatar and on the back side of the construction of the next phase. After that this area will become "back stage" support. You will then be only doing one major project and will not need as much area. Also if some of the rumors about excellerated construction time is true, even more lay down area would be required for Phase I and II.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom