What should NOT have been replaced?

SSH

I definitely miss Wings, Horizon, WOM, Kitchen Kaberet and Imagination too...but I really miss the Skyway...my husband proposed to me on it! He kept pushing us to the back of the line, so that we would be aboard at the precise moment the nightly fireworks over the castle were starting and then he popped the question. Such a special memory. When we came back the next year to be married in Disney, the ride was already closed.

Wikkler

My first time was in 2013, but the YouTube videos of these attractions are good enough for me.

Wonders of Life
Horizons
Spaceship Earth '94
Kitchen Kabaret
Journey Into Imagination
Mr. Toad's Wild RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Error: wikkler.exe has crashed.

Last edited:

Voxel

President of Progress City
My first time was in 2013, but the YouTube videos of these attractions are good enough for me.

Wonders of Life
Horizons
Spaceship Earth '94
Kitchen Kabaret
Journey Into Imagination
Mr. Toad's Wild RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Error: wikkler.exe has crashed.
Your problem was running a .exe ;) Try an unexpected reboot.

Wikkler

A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C0011E36 in UXD UMM(01) + 00010E36. The current application will be terminated.

• Press any key to terminate the current application.​
  • Press CTRL+ALT+DEL again to restart your computer. You will lose any unsaved information in all applications​
Press any key to continue _​

KimAnnFran

Which attraction should NOT have been replaced?
I have so many. I'll go with:

1) The ORIGINAL, CRONKITE SPACESHIP EARTH at least the music and set up.
2) HORIZONS. My #1 attraction ever almost.
3) WORLD OF MOTION.....so good! Fun to be Free!!
4) MAELSTROM? FOR FROZEN?

I better stop. I might have a huge huge list.

Schneewittchen

1. The Skyway should not have been replaced with the World's Fanciest Rapunzel Cans. There was nothing wrong with the old blue tile potties. There are other amusement parks (Dutch Wonderland) that manage to have the lifts and not injure staff and guests.

2. My heart hurts for Snow White's Scary Adventures. I loved that ride. She is my favorite princess (duh) and I'll take a terrifying dark ride over a coaster any day.

3. I liked Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, but I do understand that the film is really out of touch with today's audiences.

4. Horizons hurts too. I associate that ride with the futurism and the hope for a better tomorrow that I felt the first time I visited EPCOT in 1985.

Figmentation

Well there's rides that should of not been replaced.
And there's rides that got replaced because they lost sponsorship, or current sponsor wanted something different.

Rides that should NOT of been replaced (No Sponsors to begin with):
1: Mr. Toad
2: Alien Encounter

Rides that got replaced because Disney got Money or was losing money from sponsors:
1: Horizons (General Electric was the sponsor, they dropped in the 90s, Hewlert Packard picked it up and wanted a different ride.)
2: World of Motion (General Motors wanted a more 'attractive' ride, so they renewed their contract and told Disney to make Test Track.)
3: Old Imagination (KODAK wanted to update the ride.. saw where that got them.)

I was a Horizons fanatic, I was sad to see it go.

Mr. Toad was just awesome period.
Stitch could of been good.. it had so much potential, but it felt like it was created quickly and without much effort. Still not fun.

As for World of Motion... to be honest, was never a big fan of the ride...

rob0519

Which attraction should NOT have been replaced?

It's not really an attraction, but I wish the alcoves between buildings on main street had not been eliminated to make one continuous gift shop. It broke up the buildings and buying some flowers or a piece of fruit and drink was a nice diversion from the hustle of an indoor shop.

BrianV

Can I say the original crystal palace? (Not a ride, I know.) I loved having a quiet breakfast here half indoors and half outside with birds flying around. Now it is just another character buffet!

John park hopper

Can I say the original crystal palace? (Not a ride, I know.) I loved having a quiet breakfast here half indoors and half outside with birds flying around. Now it is just another character buffet!

Older post response but I have to totally agree with you the original Crystal Palace had an awesome breakfast and no character, no reservations

BrianV

Older post response but I have to totally agree with you the original Crystal Palace had an awesome breakfast and no character, no reservations

I have a strong memory of just sitting there watching the ducks and eating breakfast Danish and rushing nowhere. Not a feeling you have in wdw much these days.

John park hopper

I remember the characters would walk around the park and interact with the kids, my boys loved it. I guess Disney saw another way to make a dollar and started character meals at various restaurants. IMO over charge for so so food. Thanks for jogging my memory I remember watching the ducks on the lawn too.

KBLovedDisney

Horizons - I will always wonder why they got rid of this one.

Great Movie Ride - nothing against a new ride with MM, but just wish they utilized another empty lot instead of destroying GMR

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom