Save the Adventurers Club

GymLeaderPhil

Having never been to one of these off site events, I didn't know if these Original AC actors where still portraying themselves AC characters/Disney Characters or not. If not, then never-mind the question. If they are still portraying the AC characters, then my question stands.
The best way I can compare what they're doing off-site is similar to what Off Kilter or Four for a Dollar are doing now. The vast majority of the material that each actor used to develop their version of a character from a club was never owned by Disney. Sure the concept, proper names/nomenclature, and the more scripted materials were most likely secured - but I would imagine it would be more work than they are willing to pay to have this event shut down, not to mention the negative press backlash.

bjlc57

so are any pieces parts of the Adventurer's club going to show up any where at WDW? or is this completely dead as we know it ? We were at Disney springs and trust me even my kid said to me.. Can't we go to the Adventurers Club? How could they take it down?

doctornick

so are any pieces parts of the Adventurer's club going to show up any where at WDW? or is this completely dead as we know it ? We were at Disney springs and trust me even my kid said to me.. Can't we go to the Adventurers Club? How could they take it down?

There's a room referencing the Adventurer's Club at the new Skipper's Canteen in MK.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You can currently find relics and references in the Skipper's Canteen, Jock Lindsey's and the Galactic Outpost (formerly D-Street).

Wendy Pleakley

The Adventurer's Club was part of a NYE event at WDW just last month.

While a permanent show might not be feasible, it seems there is certainly demand to bring it back on a periodic basis.

Unplugged

Too bad. I was hoping The Edison would have been well under construction by now as it was slated to open 2016. Now I can't help but wonder if the deal has fallen through.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Too bad. I was hoping The Edison would have been well under construction by now as it was slated to open 2016. Now I can't help but wonder if the deal has fallen through.
They do have a fair head start since the will be using the existing framing. It is also not uncommon for a project like this to sit idle for a while after initial demolition. Field conditions are not always as expected and plans often have to be tweaked once you actually know what is there.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
maxresdefault.jpg

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Just found the time to talk about our beloved Club and that it is still alive and well while waiting to find a new permanent home! To begin with, Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar has a number of artifacts from 5189 Hill St. having opened just down the road at 1138 Seaten Ave. on Sept. 14, 1955. From some of the photos around the place, we can see that the Permanent Members must have finally returned from their yearlong voyage with Marcel the Monkey Butler after they were unable to raise the $2000 for Son of Chief Hanging Moon at the last Open House.

0917ZV_0157MS-640x420.jpg

Adventurers on hand to celebrate Jock's grand opening

IMG_3175.jpg

A typical night at the Jock's Hangar with Hathaway Browne, Samantha Sterling and Prof. Otis T. Wren

Awaiting her return to the bar in the lost and found we can see Samantha Sterling's passport.

CPhhrFiW8AQevEh.jpg:large

A natural blond...who knew?

The tail of Hathaway's beloved Gypsy Moth can be seen above the bar

20151008_194045.jpg

"Any crash you can walk away from is a good crash!"

While hard to see, above the entrance Babylonia "Goddess of Women and all things Fertile" has found her new home behind Reggie's crate.

hangar-inside.jpg

With Reggie there, does she still need big, beefy bodyguards?

One the other side of the unique ice machine, you'll find a plaque detoing this to have been proudly made by the Yakoose Ice Company!

21029720093_5f104ce8d6_z.jpg

If there is anything a Mongolian Yakoose would know, it's a thing or two about ice!

And in addition to being a member of the Adventurers Club, Jock was inducted into the Society of Explorers and Adventurers (S.E.A.)

maxresdefault.jpg

A man among very good company

Now let us travel to Adventureland, where we find yet another Member of both Merriweather Adam Pleasure's Club as well as the S.E.A. Albert Falls founded the Jungle Navigation Co. LTD in 1911 (The same year Merriweather set up his canvas sail empire on the Federber Peninsula). He set up a secret parlor for his fellow S.E.A. members hidden behind a bookshelf that holds some VERY intriguing titles!

Books%204_zpsmors8v9o.jpg

American Prosperity Abroad: Merriweather Pleasure

Books%203_zpsukzrejb3.jpg

Global Night Celebration: Pleasure

Books%201_zpsbucsifng.jpg

Another New Year: M.A. Pleasure

As well as shelves of S.E.A. Member's Fezs, including

Fez_zps7ickvmsc.jpg

I can't express how badly I want a S.E.A. Fez!

Which now officially ties the Adventurers Club to the current worldwide story of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers!

Last, but far from least, on Jan. 31st, 2015 the Adventurer Club held its first official Open House in seven years! The Countdown to Midnight was held at the Yacht and Beach Convention Center and featured three clubs: Club Live, a nine piece band playing today hits with Vanessa Williams; Club Vinyl, a 7-piece band is remixing today’s hits with steamy jazz; and the one that had the longest line to get in, The Adventurers Club! While I wish I could have been there, my good friend "Right Guard" Ian did, and I thank him so much for taping THE ENTIRE SHOW!

So, for those who still believe that the Club is dead and gone, I am happy to say that it is still thriving! Hopefully in the near future we will finally have a new building to house our Club, but until then, we have the annual Adventures in Charity show on Sept. 24th to look forward to! Until next time Adventurers, Kungaloosh!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom