Save the Adventurers Club

Cmdr_Crimson

I'll say it again: Adventurer's Club should be moved to AK. This idea should appeal to TDO enormously. They probably still have a lot of the props, they don't have to come up with a new idea, they don't have to pay to use an off-studio IP, and the AC would give AK a bit of personality and magic, which it is sorely lacking. And it'd be something fun for grownups to do without having to sit through an environmental polemic. Win-win!

I agree...But, I'd still rather see the park name change to Adventure Kingdom this way Indy can also move there...

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Due to a last minute adventure in Papua, New Guinea last night I was unable to uphold our Christmas Eve tradition, but that doesn't mean I won't make it up today! Again, I give to you one of the most secret, and often overlooked Club tradition that occurred only at Midnight of Christmas Eve 1937, the annual Adventurers retelling of "T'was the Night Before Christmas". By all means enjoy it accompanied by your favorite Yuletide beverage: eggnog, wassail, Yakoose Mousse, or a Kungaloosh. Here's, as always, to hoping that one day we shall enjoy this tradition in the Zebra Mezzanine of 5189 Hill St. again!

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Happy New Year Adventurers! May 1938 be a real Hoopla!

2123495277_28fe52ec1e.jpg

And in the worlds of Club Gleemiester, Col. Critchlow Suchbench:

KUNGALOOSH!​

Phil12

Come next year it looks like the BAH is going to join the Adventurers Club in the annals of lost causes. Happy New Year.

71jason

Earlier today...
View attachment 78125

Makes my heart hurt...

So $450 for a 15 - 20 minute show? (Plus a DJ set from a DJ who never actually worked PI.)

Just a reminder, Adventures in Charity had a full night of music and comedy (with over a dozen Club alumni) with tickets starting at just $25, and the that money going to charity, not a soulless corporation. October 3 this year, mark your calendars now.

71jason

So another Adventurers Club-related event ...

Mad Cow Theater (in downtown Orlando) is staging the "The Explorers Club" later this month. The producer went out of his way to cast AdvClub alumni when possible--at least three are in the cast. Another former actor, who couldn't make the commitment, told me the script is hysterical. I honestly think word of a week of sold-out shows will make it back to TDO, and be a lot more effective than any letter-writing campaign.

http://www.madcowtheatre.com/

jensenrick

So another Adventurers Club-related event ...

Mad Cow Theater (in downtown Orlando) is staging the "The Explorers Club" later this month. The producer went out of his way to cast AdvClub alumni when possible--at least three are in the cast. Another former actor, who couldn't make the commitment, told me the script is hysterical. I honestly think word of a week of sold-out shows will make it back to TDO, and be a lot more effective than any letter-writing campaign.

http://www.madcowtheatre.com/

Did you go to this event? How was it?

MKCP 1985

moderators, please lock this thread. While we know the renovations are happening, it is painful to see the actual destruction, especially in a thread which was once devoted to preserving some hope of the club's return.

In that first picture, someone decapitated the sculpture by the door. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom