AVATAR land construction progress

flyerjab

My reaction
psWfUii.gif

I really trust @articos. I think that this expansion will surprise some people (that weren't fans of the movie).

RSoxNo1

I gotta say, there's a part of me that sees all that steel and concrete hanging up in the air,
and thinks . . . . thousands of pounds, hundreds of thousands of pounds, millions of pounds . . . of hard steel. Of
hard concrete. Above my head. Cantilevered out. Hanging there. Up there.

And I go . . . ack.

Go structural engineers! Go imagineers! Check and double check your weight bearing measurements.
Go welders! Laser scan your welds!
Go bolt manufacturers! Quality control is key! Make a great product!
Concrete folks! Check adhesion and crumbling properties!

Yay, team!

Ack.
The good thing is, the last time Disney's Animal Kingdom had a huge addition and the main component of that addition required some creative engineering there were absolutely no problems.

Seabasealpha1

Okay...so really stupid question...

I've been wondering for months now if the part of the scaled model that has the gas giant Prometheus (that was the planet's name right?) attached behind the tree line/rockwork...

IS this actually going to be a thing...or is this just for show?

Be gentle. I know it's a dumb question...;)

Disneyhead'71

Okay...so really stupid question...

I've been wondering for months now if the part of the scaled model that has the gas giant Prometheus (that was the planet's name right?) attached behind the tree line/rockwork...

IS this actually going to be a thing...or is this just for show?

Be gentle. I know it's a dumb question...;)
Artist license. No giant gas planet.

ABQ

sK1VSCs.jpg

im curious why they would cover/tarp that area?
construction gurus
Could it be to protect painted areas from rain while they dry? Or perhaps there's some sort of heating/cooling taking place in that space? These are just guesses on my part, not a guru of construction myself.

Atomicmickey

Artist license. No giant gas planet.

@Disneyhead'71 is that confirmed, insider stuff? I've been hoping Disney could find a way
to do it! I know that's improbable.

Insiders generally don't get definitive on things, or merely hint, but here's one where perhaps we
could have our dreams definitively squashed.

@1023 seems to know stuff . . . .

To clarify--I don't see how they could possibly do it. But then again, there are a lot of things at WDW
over the years that have challenged my notions of what could be done . . . so here's hoping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom