Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Incomudro

Or maybe go someplace aimed at the demo you ARE in. My girls are teenagers. I'm in my 50s. The last attraction Disney built aimed at us was Everest, 9 years ago. TSL isn't aged at us. Avatar will get a visit from us in 2 years.
They're building Pandora and Star Wars.
I'm soon to be 52, and have twin 13 year old boys who are aging out of WDW soon.
Oh, how I wish Star Wars and Pandora could be completed today.

Incomudro

Um...I'm 41 with a wife and 4 kids. I like Toy Story, and Star Wars and Pandora. lol Yeah for me! Thankfully my kids haven't ever "outgrown" Disney. They like other things sure but they still love Disney and this includes two teenagers!

Yes, I hope my boys don't outgrow it either.
The way they appreciate the parks, (they don't just like it for the rides) I don't believe they will actually outgrow it - I never did.
I do wish that WDW had more things geared toward the teenage boy age group, and with Pandora and Star Wars - they will have more of that.
I wish we had those things now.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Yes, I hope my boys don't outgrow it either.
The way they appreciate the parks, (they don't just like it for the rides) I don't believe they will actually outgrow it - I never did.
I do wish that WDW had more things geared toward the teenage boy age group, and with Pandora and Star Wars - they will have more of that.
I wish we had those things now.
I have 3 daughters and a son (son being the youngest). And they love the atmosphere like you mentioned. I love that they can just walk around the parks and enjoy it!

Incomudro

I have 3 daughters and a son (son being the youngest). And they love the atmosphere like you mentioned. I love that they can just walk around the parks and enjoy it!

Both of my boys love it (they'd like to live in WDW) but one in particular just thinks it's the most amazing place in the world.
We've stayed at Beach Club for the last four visits, so he has had full immersion.
He (the both do actually) gets it.
Gets the wonder and amazement of the entire creation.

iAJ

I'm not really a fan of the concept art or descriptions for this at all. Sure it's obviously better than the other iterations of TS land (not like that says anything) but the coaster being outdoors really bothers me. I just don't feel like they can theme it properly that way. We should've gotten either an indoor coaster or indoor dark ride themed to being the size of a toy in Andy's room. A better version of Paris' Ratatouille perhaps. This just seems like such a waste of an E ticket with the IP they have to work with. The rest of the land looks rather skimpy on the theming from that concept art too. It's certainly not going to be a Cars land. Oh well, I do at least like SW land's concept art released and Pandora still looks fantastic to me.

ToTBellHop

Um...I'm 41 with a wife and 4 kids. I like Toy Story, and Star Wars and Pandora. lol Yeah for me! Thankfully my kids haven't ever "outgrown" Disney. They like other things sure but they still love Disney and this includes two teenagers!
I'm with you. Obviously, highly themed rides like Pirates garner the bulk of my attention, but this land looks fun! Certainly more compelling than Sparrow, Mermaid, or OMD.

ToTBellHop

What visionless idiot said that?
It's a popular (paraphrased) line, but honestly, someone not involved it Walt Disney's Fantasyland. What I like about Midway Mania, and I assume this land, is that it is clever even if it is very kid-friendly. It's when things are dumbed down to be geared toward young children exclusively that problems occur. Stitch is just stupid and has no charm as an attraction in my opinion. Those that might appreciate the humor are not tall enough to ride.

Last edited:

Mawg

What visionless idiot said that?
I'm guessing you know the answer to this.
But, the second half of the quote goes something like: Adult are only kids grown up. Don't these two lines contradict each other, meaning if you do aim only for kids you really are aiming for Adults too, so why not just aim for kids.

Turtle

From what I've heard Star Wars is the cherry on top of the re-imagining and opens in 2021-ish. That means we've still got two more D23's of announcements. It won't be just this.

NX2I85

I'm giving this land 18 months to be completed anything more and I will be disappointed in the pace.

In my dreams I hope you are right, but Disney has been so painfully slow with other projects (New Fantasyland was just ridiculous) that I think this will take 6-7 years to finish.

They're building Pandora and Star Wars.
I'm soon to be 52, and have twin 13 year old boys who are aging out of WDW soon.
Oh, how I wish Star Wars and Pandora could be completed today.

I'm 51, DW is 45, DW is in college, and DS is 15. None of us are anywhere near aging out, but I would like to experience this new DHS before I turn 60

Mawg

In my dreams I hope you are right, but Disney has been so painfully slow with other projects (New Fantasyland was just ridiculous) that I think this will take 6-7 years to finish.

6-7 years, that's an exaggeration. But 18 months because, there is not extensive rockwork, most of the props have been made at other parks in the past, the roller coaster is not overly complex and the Alien ride has been done before but now with different ride vehicles. The most time consuming part of this land will be the ride vehicles for the coaster, the Alien ride and all the paint work. When you think of the time it took New Fantasy land think more about the Circus area. Also, who's to say they haven't already started building the props and rides off site, my guess is they've known they were doing this since they announced the 3rd track and probably well before. A few higher up visited this area, what was it almost 2 years ago now. They are going to demolish this area and just start dropping stuff in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom