DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

MerlinTheGoat

Thanks. I wonder about the money as well since we all know the budget and it seems, well, rather generous to say the least.

I wouldn't think Toy Story Land would take up much of the budget, even with Disney's bloat. And i'd also be surprised if all the rest of the reported $2.8 billion went exclusively to infrastructure and Star Wars...

SirLink

There would be hopefully more though aside from the money involved there's no proof so far. Even if SW had two rides of an Indiana Jones and Forbidden Journey calibre that's less than 500 mil. And those two rides certainly have to be of that calibre if that's it for the area.

Wait so DHS for the $2.8bn, we are getting infrastructure, Star Wars, infrastructure, Toy Story and infrastructure. Seems like Disney has still not learned to control costs of its materials ...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wait so DHS for the $2.8bn, we are getting infrastructure, Star Wars, infrastructure, Toy Story and infrastructure. Seems like Disney has still not learned to control costs of its materials ...
That's why I'm hoping for more. There's been things mentioned but nothing confirmed or yellow, let alone green.

500m for two SW rides. And that's upper upper end of WDI budgets. How much for the theming and the buildings and the stores etc? You hope about 1-200m.

If Toy Story costs more than 100mil all in it'd be outrageous. Including TSMM changes.

Factor in Star Tours changes - you'd imagine with costs split across parks - and the figures are way short. Either it is an incredible waste of money or there's far more to come.

What's been announced is nice. Star Wars has a start. Toy Story is cheap and cheerful and a little worrying. But where's the rest?

Or my budget figure from last year was correct and it's 1.2b for everything.

Last edited:

SirLink

That's why I'm hoping for more. There's been things mentioned but nothing confirmed or yellow, let alone green.

500m for two SW rides. And that's upper upper end of WDI budgets. How much for the theming and the buildings and the stores etc? You hope about 1-200m.

If Toy Story costs more than 100mil all in it'd be outrageous. Including TSMM changes.

Factor in Star Tours changes - you'd imagine with costs split across parks - and the figures are way short. Either it is an incredible waste of money or there's far more to come.

What's been announced is nice. Star Wars has a start. Toy Story is cheap and cheerful and a little worrying. But where's the rest?

When they approved the budget the assumption was that plans were finalised is that not the case ... everything should of been approved

Sam Magic

It'll come...in time...patient you must be.
do-or-do-not-there-is-no-try-o.gif

MerlinTheGoat

I know it has been stated by insiders that what i'm about to ask isn't true, but I have to ask just once more to be certain- is there really NO chance whatsoever that the budget was slashed recently? Or could still be in the future? While I do trust you guys and don't wish to sound disrespectful or offend anyone, I just can't quite stop the nagging worry of just how safe the budget is. Slashes have apparently occurred during development of other park attractions before, how is this one any different?

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
No, the plans that were laid on the table had specific amounts attached to them, the one that was picked is the budget, if it was slashed you would not be getting a good chunk of what was just announced.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Maybe LMA remains until they build some of this new stuff then it closes for phase 2 which hasn't been announced yet???

Just wishful thinking here but possible as well

So...the Art of Animation, an building dedicated to the art that BUILT the Disney company, goes bye-bye.

So does One Man's Dream, a tribute to the guy that made ALL of the Disney parks, and Iger's big fat golden parachute, possible..

BORING. My kids could care a less about these "attractions".

But Avatar and Star Wars? They get fully-realized LANDS, because they're two off-studio IPs that have NOTHING to do with Disney that Robert Iger *purchased*.

Who cares if they are not Disney related as long as the kids have fun and remember these experiences when they are older. And who says Disney has nothing to do with Star Wars?

MerlinTheGoat

It'll come...in time...patient you must be.
do-or-do-not-there-is-no-try-o.gif
2000's Disney- Oh, no. We'll never get DHS fixed now.

1970's Disney Exec- So certain are you. Always with you it cannot be done. Hear you nothing that I say?

2000's Disney- Master, expanding Fantasyland is one thing. This is totally different.

1970's Disney- No! No different! Only different in your mind. You must unlearn what you have learned.

2000's Disney- All right, I'll give it a try.

1970's Disney- No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

2000's Disney- I can't. It's too expensive!

1970's Disney- Budget size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my wealth, do you? Hm? Mmmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Fanbase. And a powerful ally it is. Expansion creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we... not this crude stock price. You must feel the Fanbase around you. Here, between you... me... the tree... the rockwork... everywhere! Yes, even between this budget and that concept art!

2000's Disney- You want the impossible.

1970's Disney- *sighs, raises hand, builds EPCOT Center in 3 years*

2000's Disney- I don't... I don't believe it.

1970's Disney- That is why you fail.

Sorry, couldn't resist (actually am excited for the Star Wars stuff).

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
They wont announce dates for SW Land and the Pixar stuff any time soon I would have thought, as for the Launcpad by the end of the year I think they said.

Sam Magic

Studios is a five year plan. Aim for 19-20 for SW to be completed. One would assume TS 16-17.
I'm thinking this is the timeline:
Spring 2016 - Toy Story Land breaks ground
Summer/Fall 2017 - Star Wars Land breaks ground
Winter 2017 - Toy Story Land opens
Summer 2019 - Star Wars Land opens

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom