Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

FutureCEO

SWL203101.jpg

SWL180055.jpg

SWL300118.jpg

Looks amazing. Probably to built by 2020

But is this really news to anybody after Star Wars rumors for months now.

Mike S

So glad for this news to be announced, but I can't help but feel a little slighted at only 2 attractions in the "largest themed land" ever!
Not doing a "this vs. that" here, but WWoHP has two lands with only three new rides between them. Disney can do this with only two rides if the land itself is totally immersive. I was only expecting one E-Ticket anyway so my expectations were actually surpassed. Well done Disney :)

kap91

But, but... Star Wars has nothing to do with the theme of Disneyland park or Hollywood studios - what does a foreign planet based on a specific ip have to do with a park about general themes or making movies? This completely ruins everything! Plus the movies are crap - just a western in space and its just gonna be star tours 3.0 and a fancy spinner.

^sarcasm

bakntime

I hope not.

For the IP and the scope I'd have hoped for more than just 2 attractions let alone that.
Wizarding World @ IOA was one attraction, but that land is hyped as the greatest theme park expansion in world history.
Now. Details. Timeframe? Cost? Specifics? Attraction descriptions?
How much of that is usually available before a major theme park construction project breaks ground? I'm looking at Wizarding World 1/2, Avatar Land.... Unless things get leaked (like with Cars Land), attraction details are never announced this far out.

And this isn't to knock Universal or what they're doing. It's to point out there's a double standard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom