DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

SYRIK2000

For sure. Thanks for clarifying for me.

Just trying to get people a little more realistic on their expectations. Even though they'll be spending close to $2 billion, saying "Wow! DHS is getting a $3+ billion expansion!" simply isn't accurate.

I just hope it's looks like $2B was spent when they're done.

roj2323

my guess is it may also include some show changes/updates... like BatB, don't know if Little Mermaid will be demolished or what

The only rumor I have heard about TOTS (theater of the stars which is BatB home) is that there is talk of enclosing the theater and making it conditioned space (read air conditioning!). To me this makes sense for a number of reasons. The conversin would be fairly affordable and guests are more likely to go to a show in an enclosed space than an open space. Additionally sealing off the theater would give them more options to control lighting and other effects.

Sam Magic

The only rumor I have heard about TOTS (theater of the stars which is BatB home) is that there is talk of enclosing the theater and making it conditioned space (read air conditioning!). To me this makes sense for a number of reasons. The conversin would be fairly affordable and guests are more likely to go to a show in an enclosed space than an open space. Additionally sealing off the theater would give them more options to control lighting and other effects.
Are they thinking of retheming the exterior as well? Give it a more Old School Hollywood feel?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

plus if the theater then became big enough to host events like Indian Jones does that could go bye-bye as well

YodaMan

plus if the theater then became big enough to host events like Indian Jones does that could go bye-bye as well

Anyone know the capacity of the theatre? It was being used for a dance or cheer competition late at night last month, so they clearly don't have problems renting it out.

Disneyhead'71

Regardless, $2.8B vs $2.2B, that is a substantial amount of money to fix most problems. I want to comment on the DHS / DL discussion of which park should receive Star Wars first. DL has a huge attendance issue, too many people show up. In recent years new rules have restricted pass holders and each year they are breaking attendance records. DL doesn't need Star Wars right now, in fact, it would make things worse. DHS however, lowest attended WDW park. By installing Star Wars at DHS, even with a larger footprint than DL's SW, Disney would benefit from smaller crowds at MK while drawing back crowds from Universal.

There's my two cents.
You can't drop a property like a full blown Star Wars Land into a park with 5 rides. The crowds would overwhelm the capacity by 10am. They need to add a lot more fire power to the park before they can drop Star Wars Land in there. Imagine if IOA only had 5 rides when Potter opened.

Brer Panther

You can't drop a property like a full blown Star Wars Land into a park with 5 rides. The crowds would overwhelm the capacity by 10am. They need to add a lot more fire power to the park before they can drop Star Wars Land in there. Imagine if IOA only had 5 rides when Potter opened.

Tell that to Disney. I'm fairly certain that is exactly what they are going to do.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

no worries... at their speed of building it'll probably end up being 1 new ride open every 2 years ;)

Goofyernmost

Well, this is the same company that is dropping their most popular IP in years into an old attraction with a 900ppl/hr capacity. So anything is possible.
I think that Frozen will be popular, but, the buzz is fading fast. I hardly ever see Frozen merchandise in stores anymore so all our expected mad rush is probably no where near the reality of it. The M&G's will still be popular, but, the overall draw, I think, will be less then a problem. I'll bet that they do wish that they had the IP for Minions though. Those dudes are everywhere.

Disneyhead'71

I think that Frozen will be popular, but, the buzz is fading fast. I hardly ever see Frozen merchandise in stores anymore so all our expected mad rush is probably no where near the reality of it. The M&G's will still be popular, but, the overall draw, I think, will be less then a problem. I'll bet that they do wish that they had the IP for Minions though. Those dudes are everywhere.
5c4bf612ee1d310b6326c2405edeff9e.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Depends on what you mean by buzz.

I think there will be huge crowds for that ride and capacity will be a problem. And the reason why minions are everywhere is because the movie just came out.

Goofyernmost

Depends on what you mean by buzz.

I think there will be huge crowds for that ride and capacity will be a problem. And the reason why minions are everywhere is because the movie just came out.
What I mean by buzz is that the big popular uproar is fading and it's fading fast. There are no longer constant broadcasts of Frozen music, dolls and Olaf, in particular, are sitting on shelves collecting dust and, most importantly, kids are fickle. They go from one phase to another quickly, and Frozen is no longer the end all. Yes, it is still popular and when they open it, if they ever get it done, will be a mad house, but, I don't see it as a big pull forever. I would predict (just guessing mind you) that after a year, it will be a walk-on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom