A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

Hurricanes come with their own set of problems, but, they are short lived. If you have no damage it's business as usual, if you do you have to clean up over time. Snow on the other hand, takes all day or multiple days to do it's thing and then it is weeks of clean up for everyone and it is cold on top of that. I will take my chances with hurricanes and day of the week.
storm surge damage is not exactly "short lived". This is for experience ( I live in a heavy hurricane prone area in Mexico)
But then, our houses are mostly build with concrete, reinforced concrete or silver bricks with concrete.
Thus hurricanes usually do little damage.

Cesar R M

Not to mention they kinda already did it with that Sorcerer's Apprentice movie. Based primarily around Arthurian magic users, dorky kid having to learn life lessons through magic from an eccentric mentor, the fact that Jay Baruchel sounds exactly like Wart/Arthur from the Disney movie...
Even the sequel they never made was gonna heavily feature Excalibur.
wait a sec.. Jay Baruchel? we're gonna have hiccup horrendous from how to train you dragon.. do As the kid ?

Cesar R M

what the hell is going on? all of these live-action remakes started popping up out of nowhere, and it doesn't seem like anyone asked for them. is the success of "alice in wonderland" and "cinderella" etc really worth this much?
For Disney... Probably its time for the "reboot" for the next generation.. next generation that will probably never see the animated classics.

Goofyernmost

storm surge damage is not exactly "short lived". This is for experience ( I live in a heavy hurricane prone area in Mexico)
But then, our houses are mostly build with concrete, reinforced concrete or silver bricks with concrete.
Thus hurricanes usually do little damage.
I live 120 miles inland in North Carolina. If a storm surge gets to me, we will have bigger problems then the hurricane.

El Grupo

what the hell is going on? all of these live-action remakes started popping up out of nowhere, and it doesn't seem like anyone asked for them. is the success of "alice in wonderland" and "cinderella" etc really worth this much?

Considering that Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella and Maleficent brought in a combined $2.3 billion worldwide, I can see why there's interest from the Studios in continuing to go back to that well.

Seems like a somewhat similar strategy as is being used with the MCU.

Now, if Mowgli shows up in Guardians 2 and joins Star Lord in facing off against Boba Fett, Disney has truly jumped the Great White. :)

zooey

Call me crazy but sword in the stone seems like a great idea for live action. It would be cool to see how Merlin would be portrayed, given the actor is right for it.

Stevek

Going to see it this week. Hope it is as good as some say. I don't give two vinylmations about any Phase crap ... that's all Kevin Feige and his ego and masterplan for 126 films, which will totally die when Marvel has two films that bomb and whomever the Disney CEO is says 'let's reboot Spiderman again'' ... yep.

Saw it today. Went in with very low expectations and man, was I very pleasantly surprised. Enjoyed it far more than I ever expected...and dare I say, much more than Age of Ultron.

Bairstow

First thing I thought with this Sword in the Stone news was, "They think this is their Game of Thrones, don't they?"

Not sure what the Sword in the Stone has to do with Game of Thrones, but the first thing that occurred to me is that Disney's actually being unusually classy by waiting a full four years since the last Harry Potter movie to announce a Sword in the Stone retread.

Seriously though, I'm pretty enthusiastic about this one.
Unlike a lot of other completely needless live-action Disney remakes (101 Dalmatians and Malificent stick out particularly) this one could stand to go a little more visceral.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

wait a sec.. Jay Baruchel? we're gonna have hiccup horrendous from how to train you dragon.. do As the kid ?
Baruchel was the apprentice in Sorcerer's Apprentice. I'm just saying he sounds exactly like an older Wart, which is funny because in interviews when the movie came out, he mentioned that Wart was his favorite Disney character.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom