A Spirited Perfect Ten

BrianLo

I do wonder if Peter Pan and Snow White will be receiving alterations in Tokyo's New Fantasyland project. They definitely need it, their Snow White is presently the oldest and most outdated at the moment, and their Peter Pan is identical to WDW's. Does anyone know anything?

Yup! Pan is currently on a 9 month refurb that started June 1st through the end of February. Clocking in an extra four months over Disneyland's refurb (after it was extended).

Edit: @GiveMeTheMusic beat me to it.

doctornick

Give EPCOT Center $500m and I think it's near the top of US Disney Parks.

I tend to agree with this. Epcot has the backbone of a great park still in place. It just needs to be updated and fill in underutilized places. Replace Imagination with a good ride, update Energy, put a permanent attraction in WoL (shift the festival stuff to World Showplace and Odyssey) and add a ride to the west side of WS and you'd be a good shape. Even if you did just a few of them, it would make a big difference.

DocMcHulk

I tend to agree with this. Epcot has the backbone of a great park still in place. It just needs to be updated and fill in underutilized places. Replace Imagination with a good ride, update Energy, put a permanent attraction in WoL (shift the festival stuff to World Showplace and Odyssey) and add a ride to the west side of WS and you'd be a good shape. Even if you did just a few of them, it would make a big difference.
Even with Frozen in Norway and Nemo in The Living Seas. Just fix the rest of the park and look at those again in 10 years.

EPCOTCenterLover

I've ridden Pinocchio at Disneyland Paris and really enjoyed it. Not ridden Alice in person, but seen it in video form and have a very high opinion of it. I feel that Alice as a movie also felt like it had a lot of good material to use in a ride, which may have been a benefit for its creation. In fact that may be among the reasons why I have a high regard for Mr Toad as well, the movie inherently had a lot of potential to make an interesting ride. While I do think many movies can indeed make good rides given the proper talent behind them, some seem easier to imagine as a ride than others.
I didn't see Pinocchio at Disneyland Paris. Where was it? I know its in DL and Tokyo,

mahnamahna101

Give EPCOT Center $500m and I think it's near the top of US Disney Parks.
More like $1.2 billion at this point.

WoL revamp
Energy revamp
SSE updates
LwtL update
Innoventions update
Weather pavillion between Land/Nemo
M:S revamp/expansion
Imagination revamp
Odyssey reopening
2-3 new attractions for World Showcase
Illuminations update

With TDO spending, $500 million would fix Energy and Imagination... maybe update Illuminations, SSE, LwtL and Innoventions, too. But the big stuff couldn't be done.

bhg469

It gets old real fast, believe me. There's zero charm to palm trees and 91 in the middle of October.
I'll trade you for the last two years of blizzards and freakishly low Temps combines with NY taxes and the NYC social elite ruining the rest of the state. Property taxes we pay here would be what someone with a 750k home would pay, ours is probably worth 100 here.

ItlngrlBella

Do some chants and cheers with them

On the way home... Cocktails in the pool tonight... I need a drink. Actually my cousin was jumping into groups and chanting along. Then she had us doing our own chant.. "Cuginas! Cuginas! Cuginas! Yay hey yay."

I cannot believe I did that. "When in Rome/Disney hell..."

Some girls from a group were clapping for us. Spent $$$ on something each for our girls, my Mom whose watching them and my friend (and her two kids) whose watching our dog.

Husband is away at military duty all weekend - he's got some hot sauce and custom steak blend from the Culinary Store.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

On the way home... Cocktails in the pool tonight... I need a drink. Actually my cousin was jumping into groups and chanting along. Then she had us doing our own chant.. "Cuginas! Cuginas! Cuginas! Yay hey yay."

Some girls from a group were clapping for us. Spent $$$ on something each for our girls, my Mom whose watching them and my friend (and her two kids) whose watching our dog.

Husband is away at military duty all weekend - he's got some hot sauce and custom steak blend from the Culinary Store.
Sounds like a fun time. Curious, how does Disney Springs look so far? Is there any street performers or entertainment going on?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom