A Spirited Perfect Ten

the.dreamfinder

"Debut" does not mean "we promise we'll clone this later." It just means "first". In the case of Tron, the ride system will probably be adapted for some stateside attraction someday, but not the theme.
return9.jpg

Captain Neo

You're reading way too far into it. The Tron coaster isn't coming to the US parks. It's a Shanghai one and done. There's no other way to phrase it - it's not happening. It's not on any of the other parks' docket.

Then Disney should not keep repeating that its merely a world debut instead of an exclusive whereas with the Chinese elements of Soarin over the Horizon and Peter Pan are marked as unique and exclusive to that park.

sedati

I can guarantee that swapping out TSL with two attractions AND a QSR for two basic warehouse type buildings to showcase Marvel and Star Wars saved money for Disney.

There is still $800 million unaccounted for. ... But don't tell Ben Fritz or Brooks Barnes that or they might not get to go to The Force Awakens world premiere.

I believe that was some creative accounting- seems they finally wiped the $800 million Epcot Center went over budget off the books.

FigmentJedi

But hey WDW fans, there is an upside to you (OK, this was sent to me as a RUMOR, so I am not stating this as fact or as news) as one little birdie told me since Disney had purchased the attractions for Toy Story already that they could be repurposed in the swamps. Again, haven't vetted this as it isn't that important to me. Just throwing it out there.
It also seems like that Toy Story Hotel is getting all that oversized Toy Story Land photo-op stuff that ended up getting displaced if the concept art's any indication.

britain

The have a patent on a ride system that could work. This thing gets wrapped with a screen and you don't need a coaster.

Yes, that could work too. Is it too much to ask for a legit RIDE that actually takes you places rather than another simulator?

Now, adapting a simulator to actually take you places (a la Hogwarts Express), THAT would be quite a tour! ;)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The have a patent on a ride system that could work. This thing gets wrapped with a screen and you don't need a coaster.

Wow, Disney borrowed another idea of mine :p

This was my concept several years ago...but notice I designed mine to be offset on the other side AND to have the counter weight slide in or out depending on the weight of the occupants

rotate3.jpg

rotate1.jpg

Brewmaster

I don't know whether it was hitting the weights or using some sort of supplement or steroid regimen, BUT Tom Staggs has bulked way up. I've been told his being referred to as ''an oddly waifish man of anemic personality'' by a Redstone in a HuffPo Op-Ed on who will replace Bob Iger really got under his skin.

It's amazing how thin-skinned these bigshot execs are, isn't it?
Three words: Human Growth Hormone

PhotoDave219

I don't know whether it was hitting the weights or using some sort of supplement or steroid regimen, BUT Tom Staggs has bulked way up. I've been told his being referred to as ''an oddly waifish man of anemic personality'' by a Redstone in a HuffPo Op-Ed on who will replace Bob Iger really got under his skin.

It's amazing how thin-skinned these bigshot execs are, isn't it?

That will help his personality how?

And being a waif isnt a bad thing... it did wonders for Kate Moss.

BrerJon

That said, someone in those comments on the FP+ said they are starting testing for FP+ at Disneyland in August (which, is uber rumor territory there, but...)

Anaheim just signed off on a $1B for Disneyland without saying what it was for... MyMagic cost $2B for WDW, so it's possible that $1B is for the Disneyland roll-out of the tech.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom