A Spirited Perfect Ten

WDW1974

Original Poster
Where can I find more information about their peter pan ride? Was their a press release with official descriptions of the individual rides? All I saw was the breakdown from Disney Parks Blog

It's in a release or interview somewhere ... I'd check the official site first.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Looks like the Tron E-Ticket is coming to the state parks:

We already know Soarin' over the Horizon is coming to DCA and Epcot Center so it seems that China won't have any exclusivity rules like Japan does with their attractions. It specifically says it a second time at the bottom of the page as well:

No. It's not. You're reading way too much into that. Tron for either WDW or DL is about as dead as WRE or Discovery Bay. Coffee table book stuff.

Captain Neo

No. It's not. You're reading way too much into that. Tron for either WDW or DL is about as dead as WRE or Discovery Bay. Coffee table book stuff.

Disney is usually pretty careful with their language. For example on the Peter Pan ride description it says they are getting a new Peter Pan ride and that the ride system itself will be making its debut in that park. Also for Soarin' it makes it very clear what exactly is exclusive to that park (the Great Wall of China and Shanghai scenes).

I'm not saying Tron is getting announced at D23 or anything but it does imply they are leaving themselves open to doing a Tron ride at their other parks around the globe.

Also, was that River Rapids ride initially designed by Baxter or one of his protégés? The reason I ask is because in his Afterword for the Disney Mountains book Tony made a passing reference to a future mountain that could potentially be themed around China's dragon teeth mountain range which this attraction seems to have an influence from. My other guess was that this was some concept Joe Rhode whipped up for Animal Kingdom that never went anywhere.

BrianLo

Disney is usually pretty careful with their language. For example on the Peter Pan ride description it says they are getting a new Peter Pan ride and that the ride system itself will be making its debut in that park. Also for Soarin' it makes it very clear what exactly is exclusive to that park (the Great Wall of China and Shanghai scenes).

I'm not saying Tron is getting announced at D23 or anything but it does imply they are leaving themselves open to doing a Tron ride at their other parks around the globe.

The multiple press releases were very heavily focused on all their exclusivity. If you click through some of the land specific information as well as the overall major press release, they highlight nearly everything that is a world exclusive. Everything from attractions, lands, shows to 'concepts' are highlighted. They are putting a big focus on exclusivity, which 90% of the park truly qualifies as.

If your implication is Disney could develop some of these concepts or use these 'world exclusives' in other parks, yes they likely could. If you believe that the wording implies they are actively developing all these attractions or concepts elsewhere, you are reading too much into the wording.

SDL is a snapshot of 2008-2010. That historically is the first and last chance for a real Tron attraction. There is no way in today's Disney (post-Marvel and Lucas-film) they would be rushing to insert a Tron attraction stateside. It's nice that it managed to exist somewhere, but you'll be holding your breath if you think it ever winds up somewhere else. The Pan or Pirates ride systems though... those I'd wager on.

Captain Neo

The multiple press releases were very heavily focused on all their exclusivity. If you click through some of the land specific information as well as the overall major press release, they highlight nearly everything that is a world exclusive. Everything from attractions, lands, shows to 'concepts' are highlighted. They are putting a big focus on exclusivity, which 90% of the park truly qualifies as.

If your implication is Disney could develop some of these concepts or use these 'world exclusives' in other parks, yes they likely could. If you believe that the wording implies they are actively developing all these attractions or concepts elsewhere, you are reading too much into the wording.

SDL is a snapshot of 2008-2010. That historically is the first and last chance for a real Tron attraction. There is no way in today's Disney (post-Marvel and Lucas-film) they would be rushing to insert a Tron attraction stateside. It's nice that it managed to exist somewhere, but you'll be holding your breath if you think it ever winds up somewhere else. The Pan or Pirates ride systems though... those I'd wager on.

It does not say anything about "world exclusive"

Rodan75

Are we up to about a dozen of these turds now? One gets announced every two weeks when are they set to release? Are we going to have one a month come 2018? Has anyone thought this through?

They are buying pitches and putting them into development. Who knows how many of these will make it past a 2nd draft.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom