Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

mahnamahna101

Or it's DHS' cut.
$3 billion? Just for DHS? DHS better be completely fixed with that price tag :D and I mean Sunset expansion along with Star Wars and Pixar :p all kidding aside, even with reworked infrastructure and two parking garages, that's a lot to work with

I'd imagine Epcot/MK would get some of that budget, though. $3 billion for one park would be amazing, but show just how glaringly dismal DHS really is right now.

doctornick

Or it's DHS' cut.

Well, if so.... Wow. If it really is that much, there's going to be a crapload coming to DHS and I've got to think that it would be more than just Pixar and Star Wars. I mean, even if they spend $1B on just Star Wars stuff, plus another hefty $800M on Pixar, and had to spend a couple of hundred million on infrastructure like parking and such.... that would still leave maybe $600-800M more to spend on a new parade or fireworks or something like a Toontown or Indiana Jones or GotG or a new Disney Animated Features area (Wreck It Ralph, Big Hero 6, etc).

Will be interesting to see what gets revealed at D23.

BrerJon

The best and most intricately themed park in the world, DisneySea, cost 335BY to build in the late 90s. That's about $2.7B. Adjusted for inflation, that's about $4.8B in today's money.

Now the TDS budget had to also pay for a hotel, but let's assume US inefficiencies and labor laws cancel that out and probably add more, so let's call it $5B to build a DisneySea today.

So if DHS is getting $2.5B (with the rest going to the other parks), and if the work is done to the same level of quality and detail, we can expect to get about 50% of DisneySea, which has 7 intricately themed lands, 4 of which have E-tickety rides.

So based on past history, for its $2.5B DHS is looking at getting 3 1/2 lands, 2 E-ticket rides, and a few smaller attractions... call one of those lands a parking garage, and yeah that sounds about right with what we've been hearing, certainly enough to fix the park, but not a lot left over for tons of other crazy projects across property before people get too excited.

PhotoDave219

$3 billion? Just for DHS? DHS better be completely fixed with that price tag :D and I mean Sunset expansion along with Star Wars and Pixar :p all kidding aside, even with reworked infrastructure and two parking garages, that's a lot to work with

I'd imagine Epcot/MK would get some of that budget, though. $3 billion for one park would be amazing, but show just how glaringly dismal DHS really is right now.

Well, I posted the 6 month crowd breakdown the other day and you're right. DHS is awful in that they're just not pulling a crowd

DisDan

Yep.
In excess of $3b for the resort as a whole. The vast majority for DHS, a bit for EPCOT and MK.

I'm glad somebody else put it out there first...;)
I'm just glad the story is being corroborated, any idea if the specifics mentioned in the article might be true as well?

stevehousse

with this much money, now that i think about it, would they still be optioning to building into the parking lot area to increase the size of the park? there were those "plans" on the news section of this site the other day about new road infrastructure planned around the DHS area... if 3 billion almost gets you 3/4 of a park, it would make sense to build it out? idk, are the plans for this bigger than we actually think or know of???

PhotoDave219

I'm just glad the story is being corroborated, any idea if the specifics mentioned in the article might be true as well?

Well. The number is right.

And we're talking about DHS.
And Star Wars. and Pixar.

But as for attraction specifics? What he's put out are things that were circulating previously (some of which was shot down).... So it is unclear at the moment.

I wouldn't take any of it for certain yet. I really believe Star Wars is being done on a much grander scale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom