Disney No Longer Including Appetizers for Deluxe Dining Plan

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Yes exactly the brochure is never fully edited/updated until January so I would not panic yet people! HAHA. But we will have 15 pages probably in a day or so of people freaking out. No offense but eventhough I LOVE the dining plan this will not make my decision to get Deluxe or not solely on an Appetizer being missing anyway. So either way no big deal to me personally. I will still use and love the regular or deluxe plan in the future.
Thanks for the info OP though! :D
Nobody will "freak out". The same way nobody "freaked out" on the EMH thread. As usual though, there will be those that defend anything the company does and will label other peoples opinions and concerns how they see fit.

When I see the word "Deluxe" in the Dining Plan, I would expect for it to include appetizers which are a basic (not a deluxe) component to any dining experience. Not to mention the price. But alas, I always forget that this is the new Disney and we are supposed to be thankful for anything they give us, or take away.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Nobody will "freak out". The same way nobody "freaked out" on the EMH thread. As usual though, there will be those that defend anything the company does and will label other peoples opinions and concerns how they see fit.

When I see the word "Deluxe" in the Dining Plan, I would expect for it to include appetizers which are a basic (not a deluxe) component to any dining experience. Not to mention the price. But alas, I always forget that this is the new Disney and we are supposed to be thankful for anything they give us, or take away.
I didn't mean "panic" or "freak out" literally as why I said HAHA. Was just making a joke obviously. Lol. :):rolleyes:

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Meanwhile, the Platinum pdf file is a one page leaflet in 72 font that simply states "Go Nuts, Buddy!".

HAHA!!! You Win "Post of the Day"!!!

Must be summer, this happens every year, things appear taken off, restaurants are missing, people freak out "DISNEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" screaming from the roof tops, and it is always Okay. No worries people;)

sxeensweet

HAHA!!! You Win "Post of the Day"!!!

Must be summer, this happens every year, things appear taken off, restaurants are missing, people freak out "DISNEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" screaming from the roof tops, and it is always Okay. No worries people;)
Agree! No worries! :joyfull:

asianway

And eat poop and like it!

Lucky

I never understood why the option wasn't Appetizer or Dessert. Given the size of some of the appetizers, I don't see how the backend cost difference could be that much. We love having our own appetizers due to food preferences, but usually end up sharing a dessert. But these just removed really the only reason we would choose a DDP over the regular DP.

In-Room dining includes appetizers and dessert. Weird.

I think the reason for that is that most desserts are already made, a lot cheaper and no time for the staff to throw it on a plate wherein apps take time and are more expensive.
I do agree though it would be great if there was a choice for those who do the dining plan.

I don't think the lack of an option between appetizer and dessert has anything to do with the cost of the food or the time it takes to put it on a plate.

If you had an option between them, some in a party might choose an appetizer & others might choose a dessert. Then the party is occupying the table for 3 courses instead of 2. Tables turn more slowly.

DisneyDebRob

I don't think the lack of an option between appetizer and dessert has anything to do with the cost of the food or the time it takes to put it on a plate.

If you had an option between them, some in a party might choose an appetizer & others might choose a dessert. Then the party is occupying the table for 3 courses instead of 2. Tables turn more slowly.
That could also be a part of it. Put them all together and I think we have the main reasons.Why give us something that costs more when people are still willing to pay the prices the dining plan has for something that cost pennies.

sxeensweet

Hopefully next they'll get rid of this ridiculous plan altogether. I can't imagine eating two table service meals a day. No wonder the parks are 1/3 hover-rounders these days.
You don't have to eat 2 table service meals a day! Especially if you do a lot of signature/2 credit shows/character meals, etc. We have had the deluxe and usually only did one table service a day and if we did 2 it was a breakfast and really late dinner with a QS in between. We only did that maybe 3 -4 days out of 13. The rest of the days we just did usually 1 TS and 1 QS . Only had 1 credit left when we left and we actually still broke even when I added all it up when we got home.
So that is a myth that you have to eat 2 or 3 TS meals a day. You can still get at least what you paid doing only 1 on most days. Regardless we pay for the convienience with having the regular or deluxe plan. And yes we always PAY for it and never got it free. Still love it for us personally. We mostly get the regular plan though but on occassion get the Deluxe. :)

Last edited:

Disnee4Me

I never understood why the option wasn't Appetizer or Dessert. Given the size of some of the appetizers, I don't see how the backend cost difference could be that much. We love having our own appetizers due to food preferences, but usually end up sharing a dessert. But these just removed really the only reason we would choose a DDP over the regular DP.

In-Room dining includes appetizers and dessert. Weird.
I agree about the option ... my DH is a appetizer type a guy, while I love my sweets!!

orky8

You don't have to eat 2 table service meals a day! Especially if you do a lot of signature/2 credit shows etc. we have had the deluxe and usually only did one table service a day and if we did 2 it was a breakfast and really late dinner with a QS in between. We only did that maybe 3 -4 days out of 13. The rest of the days we just did usually 1 TS and 1 QS . Only had 1 credit left when we left and we actually still broke even when I added all it up when we got home.
So that is a myth that you have to eat 2 or 3 TS meals a day. You can still get at least what you paid doing only 1 on most days. Regardless we pay for the convienience with having the regular or deluxe plan. And yes we always PAY for it and never got it free. Still love it for us personally. We mostly get the regular plan though but on occassion get the Deluxe. :)
What convenience are you taking about? The amount of effort to pay as you go on your magicband vs dining plan is the same. If it costs the same, then the only difference is that you need to meticulously track what you eat on the ddp.

rob0519

Hopefully next they'll get rid of this ridiculous plan altogether. I can't imagine eating two table service meals a day. No wonder the parks are 1/3 hover-rounders these days.

My opinion has always been to get ride of the dining plan altogether or at least free dining. It was a ploy to get people into the parks when attendance was down. It is certainly no longer needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom