Will I be terminated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldtoo

I'm sure we've all had, at some interview, that one question, whatever it may be, that we've had to pull something out of thin air and make it sound good. So yeah, not condoning it either, but probably 95% of us have done it and the other 5% who say they haven't, are lying, lol.

Hahaaa...!
Yep, funny you mention that, 'cause the employee I was talkin' about from 15 years ago that was terminated from the firm did just that, in a BIG way. They waaaaayyy oversold themselves during their interview, and very quickly proved nowhere near capable of producing what they claimed. As a result, the firm has been as thorough as they possibly can, since.

mousehockey37

1.Um, what race card? I just said there aren't many black cm's at DISNEYLAND, so the few I do see standout and I take mental pictures of. If anyone pulled the race card it was you, assuming that I'm being racist. Why do people always use the term race card? I could have said I met this nice black tool booth lady today and that's pulling the race card. Because you want to bringt that up, I have noticed racism between cms too but that's a country I don't want to visit at this time.

5. I was offended that she was playing with my emotions and my character thinking that I'm a cartoon or something.

1. Nowhere before you said anything did he or anyone else say he was black. You introduced it, own it.
5. Grow up.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
It's like when you are a custodian cleaning toilets or whatever and you just started, and a boss comes up and says good luck with that or something along that sort. It's showing I guess in a way friendly banter, but it's extremely disrespectful and two faced. You know they aren't doing a plesant activity, so you pretend be to nice to liven the mood, when it's just fails

I only brought it up, because he mentioned in a meeting when his managers spoke with him about his statement, they started to talk about his future plans with disney and what roles he wanted to trasnfer to. That's really low when you guys are firing him, why even bring that up? That could be lawsuit material especially if the meetings are taped or recorded which I am sure they are.

Our future everyone. Plan accordingly.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I only brought it up, because he mentioned in a meeting when his managers spoke with him about his statement, they started to talk about his future plans with disney and what roles he wanted to trasnfer to. That's really low when you guys are firing him, why even bring that up? That could be lawsuit material especially if the meetings are taped or recorded which I am sure they are.
No, they likely are not taped or recorded.

The "future plans" talk was most likely what managers tend to call a "come to Jesus" talk. Meaning, they were looking for something, anything, to keep him employed, and at the same time testing his resolve for the job and his attitude about it. His answers are more important than the queries.

It is not meant as some "promise" for future employment or growth, and no civil court will ever see it that way.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It seems he was being let go no matter what. When you deal with an employee you longer wish to work for, you don't ask what their future with the company is. All of your semantics you're using aren't making any sense to me.

It just seemed to me, like his emotions were being played with a little and it could have a lot to do with why his attitude is like that.
Ok, so, let me clue you in.

Not all managers are bad, not all bosses are evil mind twisting individuals who are disingenuous.

They are people who once, very likely, did a job just like you are doing.

And, sometimes, they are soft on hiring and firing. Especially when they like the individual and see some potential.

So, many times, they'll have talks with them, and if you ever have one of these talks, it's for a very specific reason, and from that they are gauging more than you think they are. They are picking up what your attitude and goals are. What your concept about future employment in the track you have are. List goes on.

You see it as two-faced? Well, grow up. It's how the world works. And it shouldn't work any different, in that respect, frankly.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Please. Just because we disagree and I'm younger than you, doesn't make that statement true.

But that doesn't make any sense.

It seems he was being let go no matter what. When you deal with an employee you longer wish to work for, you don't ask what their future with the company is. All of your semantics you're using aren't making any sense to me.

It just seemed to me, like his emotions were being played with a little and it could have a lot to do with why his attitude is like that.
Or he could not have been telling the truth. It's not always the best policy to put your eggs all in one person's proverbial basket....

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Or he could not have been telling the truth. It's not always the best policy to put your eggs all in one person's proverbial basket....
He was telling HIS truth, and truth to power (pumps a fist)...and he has a lot of twitter followers, so your point is invalid.

(I love that his generation seems to think they invented the internet...I've been on it since the early 90s...)

You disappoint me, padawan. I revoke your special snowflake status.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
He was telling HIS truth, and truth to power (pumps a fist)...and he has a lot of twitter followers, so your point is invalid.

(I love that his generation seems to think they invented the internet...I've been on it since the early 90s...)

I revoke your special snowflake status.
Worse ways to start off my day, I suppose....

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Is there a way I can apply for honorary old person status? My generation embarrasses me.
To be fair, it really isn't just a generational thing.

It's more that your generation had it easier than mine, which had it easier than our parents.

My first job was at 12 years old, and I still went to school. That was a bit young for my peers (late Gen-X) but it was not unheard of for someone to get a job at 15 (even at a major chain) and work that through high school.

I applied for DIsney as soon as I could (age 15)...I wasn't hired, but I went through the entire hiring process only to be declined because I didn't live in FL and wasn't really a good hire at the time (understandable, I only stayed there for summers).

Somewhere in the past decade or so society has decided that work is worth less than education (when both are important), and as a result, we have a generation of kids who, due to being overly educated in pretty much useless degrees, have no idea how to conduct themselves professionally who are now turning into adults, and feel completely lost.

That said, I doubt OP has a college degree...I think he's of the sort that is eternally "working on one"...

Tack onto that the explosive nature of media distractions which allow them to indulge their childish nature, and you end up with man-childs which would make the classic "live in the basement pimpled troll" meme seem ridiculous.

My sister is one of them. I know, quite well. You give them advice, and they spit on it, and tell you "You don't UNDERSTAND!"...even though you help pay their bills (well, with respect to my sister, I personally don't, but the family does) and as if you have no life experience yourself.

Screw em, I say.

BTW...we had a term for them when I was in management for a Fortune 500, and we were not alone with this term.

"Generation Y" = "Generation WHY"...meaning, "Why should I do this?"

Sometimes you just should do things because you are told to.

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Let me try and explain that better...

The issue is not age. It's not race. It's not sex. It's not disability. It's not mental agility.

The issue is can you do the job you are tasked to do. Period.

As you get older, you have more experience. Meaning, generally, you can can do more. You can produce.

It also means that you've been out on the job market at least once (pretty much no one has a "set life" where they don't need to self-market).

So, when someone who has lived a bit of life is told my someone who has not that their suggestions are "wrong-headed" or "backwards"...well, most of the time, the snort to themselves, and write that person off.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Please. Just because we disagree and I'm younger than you, doesn't make that statement true.

You being younger then me is exactly what makes my statement true.

Edit to explain better because I have a feeling you won't understand.

You are younger then me. You are part of the newest group of "work ready" children coming up. You ARE our future.

The Mom

Premium Member

But that doesn't make any sense.

According to what he has written here, they had not made a final decision at the time of this meeting - he was still scheduled to work. They contacted him for a follow-up meeting, which he did not attend because he was "too stressed" and wanted to reschedule it. But was unable (in his words) to contact them to do so - so in effect, he blew them off. That's when he was fired. They had tossed him a lifeline, and he ignored it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom