AVATAR land construction progress

Steel City Magic

May have missed your attempt at sarcasm but...Ummm... You realize Jaws has been gone for a couple years and Kong has been gone for like 10 years, right?

And FYI, the seatbelts on both Hulk and Fearfall are there strictly as backups in the highly-unlikely event that something broke/released in the shoulder restraint. Anything that can be unlatched by the Guest mid-ride will *not* be the primary source of restraint on any modern ride.

-Rob
Knew jaws was gone with the new expansion, didn't know that kong was gone so long. Thought it was just being moved/ refurbed/ enlarged/ enhanced. I really didn't know DD was bast... "potterized". There was no potter or simpsons last time I was there.

Last edited:

Rob562

Knew jaws was gone with the new expansion, didn't know that kong was gone so long. Thought it was just being moved/ refurbed/ enlarged/ enhanced. I really didn't know DD was bast... "poterized". There was no potter or simpsons last time I was there.

Kong became Mummy in 2004. There's a brand new Kong attraction going into Islands of Adventure between Jurassic Park and Dudley Do-Right. Earthquake became Disaster, though it's still essentially the same thing.

The Dueling Dragons queue still exists, but much of the fire vs. ice theming has been removed. The coasters also do not race/duel anymore.

-Rob

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Kong became Mummy in 2004. There's a brand new Kong attraction going into Islands of Adventure between Jurassic Park and Dudley Do-Right. Earthquake became Disaster, though it's still essentially the same thing.

The Dueling Dragons queue still exists, but much of the fire vs. ice theming has been removed. The coasters also do not race/duel anymore.

-Rob

Although the loss of the race/duel was not a result of the Potter re-theme.

chiefs11

*sigh* got excited for a minute, but it's the same thing that was posted two weeks ago in the aerial view thread. There's video from the same helicopter flyover, too. I wonder if the roof of the show building is done yet?

C'mon @photoflight get up there and get us some new pics! :D

doctornick

I didn't see this posted on here, but someone posted a great aerial shot of Avatar Land construction. The white item in the middle looks like the base of the big spirit tree thing in the movie.
View media item 407

Interesting. So, it's clear that the previous "gap" in the retaining walls has been filled in, so the boat ride show building footprint is on the smaller side of what we were considering. However, the fact that the back side remains open create the possibility of additional space there (or even an outdoor portion there) but it seems unlikely they would do that -- makes more sense to have an outdoor portion in front to entice guests and to use the existing outside structures (e.g. floating mountains) for ride scenes).

In terms of it being multi-level, I think it's very likely that a drop will be part of the ride since the queue is likely to be at a higher grade than the main showbuilding. I don't think there high walls, however, would feature multiple levels on top of each other. More likely it indicates a very high ceiling for the show scenes.

Atomicmickey

Weird that it looks like they just filled in that area in between the retaining walls with dirt. I wish that was higher res, it is tough to tell just exactly what's going on.

RSoxNo1

I'm starting to think that....
I'm envisioning something similar in concept to Jurassic Park River Adventure... especially considering the rumored name is N'Avi River Journey. I think it was Screamscape that posted the premise as a crash course in Pandora's Flora and Fauna, similar to how Jurassic Park River Adventure starts out showing you various dinosaurs. Presumably something goes horrible wrong (enter... waterfall).

Tom

Beta Return
I'm envisioning something similar in concept to Jurassic Park River Adventure... especially considering the rumored name is N'Avi River Journey. I think it was Screamscape that posted the premise as a crash course in Pandora's Flora and Fauna, similar to how Jurassic Park River Adventure starts out showing you various dinosaurs. Presumably something goes horrible wrong (enter... waterfall).

That would be a cool twist, and give it a little kick. Hopefully a tad less water-logging than JP.

Monoblanco13

iride.jpg

the proposed ride system, and i would say if any animatonic banshees, they would be hiding the hydro above: you need the wing gondola top for wind effects

Where did this photo come from !?!?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom