The Spirited Back Nine ...

lazyboy97o

There's only one category it really qualified for (based on this list) and I'm not surprised to see Gringotts beat it, and Ratatouille, for best new ride.
The Theas are not like other awards where there are set categories, nominations and then only one winner. Everything is nominated on its own and judged on its own. I believe recognizing restaurants began with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmead and the Paragon category for Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley is also a new award designation.

bhg469

The Theas are not like other awards where there are set categories, nominations and then only one winner. Everything is nominated on its own and judged on its own. I believe recognizing restaurants began with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmead and the Paragon category for Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley is also a new award designation.
Be our guest? I guess they weren't impressed with cupcakes for dessert either.

FigmentJedi

Hey, I remember having that book as a kid.
As I recall, there's no actual plot to speak of, is there?

phooka-brian-froud.jpg
The book has this whole research project into Goblins get more chaotic as it goes on as learning about the goblins only makes more of them show up and the writers realize that they gotta keep the book from being published because otherwise the goblins are just gonna know where everybody who buys it lives. Obviously this doesn't work and the book had this little envelope in the back with some protective charm in it, but when you open it, there's just a note from a goblin saying it was delicious.

EDIT: I believe that illustration you posted was from one of Froud's other books.

Last edited:

Bairstow

21st Annual TEA Thea award recipients. Diagon Alley got recognition, but so did Bistrot Chez Remy (where I had lunch on Saturday):

B2vv3ZNIAAAIifu.jpg:large

It's good to see the Wilderness Explorers getting some recognition.
I'd like to see more theme parks attempt more ambitious "attractions" based on 1-to-1 human interactions and limited role playing.
Speaking of the Wilderness Explorers, does anyone know how many cast members in the park it takes to "run" the attraction on a normal day?

Cesar R M

That's Disney's fault. In the olden days they just got the best animation voiceover artists to voice characters, but then Robin Williams got such praise for the Genie that - in typical suit style - the execs felt it was that aspect alone that made Aladdin a hit, and most subsequent animated films suddenly started to have 'star talent' big names doing the voices.
but that doesnt happen much in Disney movies lately.. only in Dreamworks.

71jason

Hang on a minute- was it the guest's idea to celebrate being first in the garage or Disney's? Because as much criticism as Disney receives for the pace of park expansion, this seems like a lot of innocent fun. Disney employs full time people who's job it is to find little things to celebrate and make guests' stays seem unique and "magical" and this seems like just such an occasion. I think everyone is glad that the long traffic and parking nightmare at Downtown Disney is almost over, so why not celebrate it a little? At any rate, this looks like the work of one, maybe two employees tops, maybe even parking staff who don't normally get to do something silly like this.

From what I gather--and not naming names but those plugged into Disney social media would know him--a lifestyler made it a point to be there first, long before anything opens, just to be the "first guest" and tweet about it. I'm not sure which is worse--that he considers that a life achievement, or that he thinks anyone else would.

Then again, this very site managed to get 3 paragraphs and a photo essay out of the same subject matter. Are you agreeing that this "news" required more than a single sentence of "Hey, new parking garage opened this morning"?

Fe Maiden

What disturbs me most about that button is not that some crazy fan would want it, but some group of people within the company were willing to propose, design, approve and manufacture it in the first place. Even somethig as small as this would have to go through this process.

Says a lot about what Disney thinks of its fans.

I'm just not getting the outrage over a few balloons and a pin acknowledging the opening of the parking garage. Almost anytime something opens from a new business, theme park, stadium, things like this are recognized. I've bet we spent more time discussing it than it took to get the ok, make a pin, and blow up the balloons.

We criticize Disney all the time for picking up pennies while dollars are flying over their heads (and rightfully so). But this is a an example of fans doing the same thing.

twebber55

I'm just not getting the outrage over a few balloons and a pin acknowledging the opening of the parking garage. Almost anytime something opens from a new business, theme park, stadium, things like this are recognized. I've bet we spent more time discussing it than it took to get the ok, make a pin, and blow up the balloons.

We criticize Disney all the time for picking up pennies while dollars are flying over their heads (and rightfully so). But this is a an example of fans doing the same thing.
yeah i had no issue with it..its not a big deal either way

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom