Toy Story Playland

Fox&Hound

The one part of all of this major expansion/change I am trying to figure out is the budget that several insiders have hinted at. In the Spirited thread, it was stated that the budget was going to be north of 1.6 billion. Afterwards there was speculation that this included everything but the Star Wars part of the change. Never heard any sort of clarification on that.

I find it hard to believe that would be true. The only part that makes me do a 'double take' is that Star Wars additions world-wide are being lead by Imagineer Scott Trowbridge and a team of imagineers in some secret bunker somewhere. What I am wondering is if there is indeed a completely separate budget for all things Star Wars, including the rumored additions in DLP, DL and WDW (and wherever else). IF that were true, then the 1.6+ billion proposed by our spirited insider would be a substantial amount of money to change this park around - with the Star Wars component being held under a separate budget.

Again, IF this were true, the TSMM expansion/plussing and the addition of a Toy Story Land would only be what…100 - 200 million dollars? In one of the J. Hill podcasts, he hinted that the Toy Story area of this redo would be the DHS version of the MK Fantasyland. If you consider that FL in MK is truly catered to the kiddie crowd, then that would make sense, as long as the 'spinner class' rides in HKDL are not all that would be going in this newly rumored section of the park.

One other thing I was wondering about is any updates on other supposed 'closings' of attractions in this area of DHS? I know that the HISTK play area is supposedly showing no operating dates later than November 15. Is that still accurate?

See, this is my question too. 1.6 billion and it doesn't include Star Wars???? TSPL and new track for toy story, what else would be coming for that budget? Cars? New pathways/flow of people in the parks? New icon? I'm so confused and excited...

djkidkaz

What's wrong with the speedway? It allows a five-year-old to actually drive a car. Why do you hate the children so much? The speedway is one of those things that Walt wanted in his parks… So I have no problem with it.

I don't mind it that much either but I think they should update the vehicles to quieter cars and less smelly. And also the track could be upgraded to be more fun like going over bridges, water features or through a tunnel.

PhotoDave219

@Lee is the only one here with an actual proven track record. Every other "insider" is more obsessed with looking like one than actually being one. If Lee says it's 1.6 including Star Wars, he's right. Period.

...... Again… I refused to go into where I get my information from just approve some little boy on the Internet wrong.

Suffice to say… The people I've heard from have told me something different.

Reddog

@Lee is the only one here with an actual proven track record. Every other "insider" is more obsessed with looking like one than actually being one. If Lee says it's 1.6 including Star Wars, he's right. Period.

Given the subject matter, I think we could go as far as to say "If Lee says $1.6 Billion included Star Wars, then I think we can believe that's what he's heard." Just because Lee or even Spirit says it, it doesn't make it gospel. To me, it means I can trust that they are not lying to us about the info they received. It's not "true" until the money have actually been spent.

RSoxNo1

Speedway must stay in MK, but should get themed rockwork, a themed queue, and for the love of God, REPLACE THE CARS WITH ELECTRIC VEHICLES. The entire pathway between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland stinks all the time because of this ride.
Why must it stay in MK? That real estate is so valuable on the edge of Fantasyland for an attraction that really only caters to tweens. I know I'm among the loudest voices calling for it's a small world to move, but the Speedway is so much easier to relocate.

doctornick

Why must it stay in MK? That real estate is so valuable on the edge of Fantasyland for an attraction that really only caters to tweens. I know I'm among the loudest voices calling for it's a small world to move, but the Speedway is so much easier to relocate.

At a minimum, the Speedway needs to be re-themed to a futuristic vibe (or at least Sugar Rush as a transition between TL and FL), hopefully with electric cars that don't stink. And if it could be reworked to have the cars travel outside the berm, then you could free up some real estate without removing the attraction entirely.

But I'm totally behind just removing the darn thing if it came to that. Is Tokyo removing their cars as part of the FL makeover?

mahnamahna101

1. Bulldoze Speedway
  2. Relocate IASW to World Showcase
  3. Bulldoze old IASW building
  4. Put Neverland, Wonderland, Tangled dark ride, Bald Mountain and Pleasure Island behind IASW/Mermaid
  5. Pooh mini-land where Tea Cups and Cheshire used to be
  6. Casey Jr. replaces Barnstormer
  7. Tents removed
  8. PPF and Philharmagic used for Mary Poppins dark ride
  9. Princess Fairytale Hall used for Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty dark ride
  10. Tomorrowland expansion where Speedway and area behind it and SM is - Sugar Rush/Hero's Duty E-ticket (similar to RSR), original time-travel trackless dark ride, Plectu's Intergalactic Revue, enclosed trackless flying saucers concept, walkthrough zoo, GotG replaces Stitch, BH6 replaces Buzz, WALL-E replaces Laugh Floor
Removing the Speedway opens up a lot of space for Tomorrowland expansion. And also allows a seamless transition (more seamless) from Fantasy to Tomorrow

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
What's wrong with the speedway? It allows a five-year-old to actually drive a car. Why do you hate the children so much? The speedway is one of those things that Walt wanted in his parks… So I have no problem with it.

Agree, And if you want to chase sponsorship get Tesla to electrify the cars, The fumes on a hot day are NOT PLEASANT nostalgia yes but you could just burn a little oil for the smell without the CO and unburned hydrocarbons from mistuned lawn mower engines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom