Toy Story Playland

wdrive

Yeah i would be dissappointed if thats all we were getting
Thankfully its not

Still, I'd rather that space be used for something better. I've visited this area in Paris and it's pretty lackluster, Disney can do better. That's not to say that DHS doesn't need some smaller rides like what Toy Story Playland has, it's just we all know that they can do much better.

twebber55

Still, I'd rather that space be used for something better. I've visited this area in Paris and it's pretty lackluster, Disney can do better. That's not to say that DHS doesn't need some smaller rides like what Toy Story Playland has, it's just we all know that they can do much better.
oh I agree
im just gonna wait to see what else is announced and see if it all ties together

RSoxNo1

I have every expectation that Toy Story Playland (or some variant) is being fast tracked because the other projects will take more time. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The makeover to Hollywood Studios is likely to be similar to Phase 2 of Hong Kong Disneyland. Toy Story Playland adds to the ride count, but the higher quality attractions will come afterwards.

VulcanCafe

I have every expectation that Toy Story Playland (or some variant) is being fast tracked because the other projects will take more time. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The makeover to Hollywood Studios is likely to be similar to Phase 2 of Hong Kong Disneyland. Toy Story Playland adds to the ride count, but the higher quality attractions will come afterwards.
I agree. You can't shut down half the park without people noticing. Its much easier to say 'check out these new rides over here, ignore the construction everywhere else!'

Next Big Thing

I'm just sort of interested in where TSPL will go. If they want to fast track it and get it open ASAP, putting it behind TSMM as i've suggested multiple times would be ideal. There's not much BLT to remove in that area and there's an easy access gate that they could open right by the former Jack Sparrow attraction. It'd be quick and easy.

As i've also mentioned, they could re-route the TSMM exit to exit into the land behind the building as well to make it a bit more immersive of an experience. That would be a bit of work though so I could see why they wouldn't do that.

Turtle

Retheming the Ratatouille ride to Toy Story or Cars would be a huge missed opportunity. Toy Story already has it's anchor attraction, Cars should have RSR. If they use that tech it should be for Ratatouille or another property not yet in the park.

RSoxNo1

Retheming the Ratatouille ride to Toy Story or Cars would be a huge missed opportunity. Toy Story already has it's anchor attraction, Cars should have RSR. If they use that tech it should be for Ratatouille or another property not yet in the park.
I really think that a C-ticket Cars ride should be a Tomorrowland Speedway for DHS allowing them to remove it in MK.

SirLink

I really think that a C-ticket Cars ride should be a Tomorrowland Speedway for DHS allowing them to remove it in MK.

If I remember in Project Gemini for Epcot they had plans to add an Autopia near Test Track. If they aren't going to expand DHS beyond the berm so to speak at DHS for Fantasyland ... I mean Pixar Place I would rather see them add good quality dark rides.

Siren

Don't hold your breath for anything of the sort.

This is being done on the cheap after all.
Ugh..... I know -- just let me dream!!! Can we just pretend like this could happen? I was totally expecting CarsLand. I admit to not liking it at first but it grew on me because of the how beautiful it looks at night, it's so pretty -- and of course, RSR. But, I kind of knew that would never be possible at WDW.

This was originally built at the Studios in Paris because it was a cheap concept. It was then copied at Hong Kong because it was cheap to build. Do I need to say why it's attractive to TDO?
I don't know, I just keep changing my mind on how I feel about this. I want to *love* TSPL because of the cuteness factor but I just cannot ignore the cheapness of it all. But, little kids & families need more rides at DHS, not to mention the capacity issues. TSMM lines are just crazy, I love it but it's not that great.

so will streets of America be gone in 3 years?
Good question!

wdwfan4ver

so will streets of America be gone in 3 years?
I don't think all of it will be gone unless Star Wars land is going to take up more than Echo Lake or changed the location of the Star Wars Land being Planned beside Pixar properties taking up a good part of Streets of America.

I know the LMA part of Streets of America will be gone and so is the Backlot Tour. I am guessing the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Adventure Set will be gone also. That does leave a part of the Streets of America not touched. The only part of Streets of America that is a question is the old exist of the Backlot Tour since it is currently Oaken's Trading Post. Oaken's Trading Post being there after the holidays is something unknown at this time.

The only other things I could think of all of it being gone is the Area around Muppetvision 3d does away for part of Pixar

I am mentioning this due the rumors mentioned on this board by other posters about Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular gone for a part of Star Wars Land.

The only part of Echo lake that may not be part of Star Wars land is the American Idol building since there was rumors of the Frozen Song-a-long moving there being mentioned in September or in August of this year on this board by other posters.

rioriz

I'm beGinning to Wonder if we are going crazy here... two trips in a row I bRought tWo newComers to AK and they both said Primeval Whirl was a favoRite!

Maybe TSPL Will be a hit?

I do like it has kinetic energy...

Please make two RC Racers though!

Siren

Little kids love Tomorrowland Speedway but it has the worst queue in WDW. I wouldn't mind a Cars themed overlay with some new clean, low emission cars and of course, a new queue! It absolutely must stay in MK.

I'm beGinning to Wonder if we are going crazy here... two trips in a row I bRought tWo newComers to AK and they both said Primeval Whirl was a favoRite!

Maybe TSPL Will be a hit?

I do like it has kinetic energy...

Please make two RC Racers though!
LOL. This is too funny! First timers always seem to like the worst things. But, I am guilty of being a Primeval Whirl fan, too -- it's so awful, but in a good way.

Toy Story is so iconic, people line up for hours just to ride TSMM and with Toy Story 4 coming out, TSPL is sure to be a hit.

Wikkler

Speedway must stay in MK, but should get themed rockwork, a themed queue, and for the love of God, REPLACE THE CARS WITH ELECTRIC VEHICLES. The entire pathway between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland stinks all the time because of this ride.

flyerjab

The one part of all of this major expansion/change I am trying to figure out is the budget that several insiders have hinted at. In the Spirited thread, it was stated that the budget was going to be north of 1.6 billion. Afterwards there was speculation that this included everything but the Star Wars part of the change. Never heard any sort of clarification on that.

I find it hard to believe that would be true. The only part that makes me do a 'double take' is that Star Wars additions world-wide are being lead by Imagineer Scott Trowbridge and a team of imagineers in some secret bunker somewhere. What I am wondering is if there is indeed a completely separate budget for all things Star Wars, including the rumored additions in DLP, DL and WDW (and wherever else). IF that were true, then the 1.6+ billion proposed by our spirited insider would be a substantial amount of money to change this park around - with the Star Wars component being held under a separate budget.

Again, IF this were true, the TSMM expansion/plussing and the addition of a Toy Story Land would only be what…100 - 200 million dollars? In one of the J. Hill podcasts, he hinted that the Toy Story area of this redo would be the DHS version of the MK Fantasyland. If you consider that FL in MK is truly catered to the kiddie crowd, then that would make sense, as long as the 'spinner class' rides in HKDL are not all that would be going in this newly rumored section of the park.

One other thing I was wondering about is any updates on other supposed 'closings' of attractions in this area of DHS? I know that the HISTK play area is supposedly showing no operating dates later than November 15. Is that still accurate?

Not gonna lie, I love Toy Story Playland at Disneyland Paris, as cheap as it is and would welcome it to DHS as long as it also have something unique like the rethemed Mater ride. Very happy with this news if true.

tspl_conceptart.jpg

I would hope that if this gets copies for DHS the Mater cone would be in replace of slinky. It just seems like it would fit better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom