The Spirited Back Nine ...

Slowjack

I just think the whole story with Aerosmith is pretty lame and tired at this point.
I guess I don't understand the "at this point" part of that sentence. The story was always pretty cheesy ("Yeah. You know how we feel about our fans."). Certainly the appeal of any part of any attraction can be dulled by repetition, but it's not like when the Universe of Energy was still yammering on about "majestic Port Valdez" after the oil spill. Also I think the Aerosmith pre-show has aged more gracefully than Aerosmith.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I find it odd that this is the slowest I've seen a SPIRITed thread move, yet it seems to have been kicked off with the most/biggest info I can remember.
DHA redo with a budget total that starts with B. Star Wars, Cars, Toy Story. Nearly every attraction on the park potentially altered or totally changed.
Plus, Universal budget cuts, impacting (potentially) everything planned to be built, including the water park and the 3rd gate.

Are we all just so burned that we don't want to believe anything until the steel starts rising? I know I have a bit of that feeling.

wdw47

I guess I don't understand the "at this point" part of that sentence. The story was always pretty cheesy ("Yeah. You know how we feel about our fans."). Certainly the appeal of any part of any attraction can be dulled by repetition, but it's not like when the Universe of Energy was still yammering on about "majestic Port Valdez" after the oil spill. Also I think the Aerosmith pre-show has aged more gracefully than Aerosmith.
Understandable about the "at this point" idea. I was 19 when it first opened so maybe I was just excited to go on new roller coaster at WDW at that point it's cringe worthy. And as far as the attraction pre-show aging better than Aerosmith--that really isn't saying much.

Tom Morrow

Understandable about the "at this point" idea. I was 19 when it first opened so maybe I was just excited to go on new roller coaster at WDW at that point it's cringe worthy. And as far as the attraction pre-show aging better than Aerosmith--that really isn't saying much.
RnRc could certainly use some upgrades/tweaks/changes. For starters, the standby queue is abysmal, one of the worst in WDW. You spend most of it outside, with nothing at all to look at, and the same Aerosmith music looping. I preferred it when they had a mix of general rock hits instead of just Aerosmith. The standby queue could definitely easily be enclosed and have some entertainment value added.

The weakest part of the ride has always been that the props along the track are just UV-lit cutouts. This is one attraction where projection technology and lighting effects would be a welcome addition and enhance the experience tremendously. The coaster itself is lackluster once you hit the first brake/block zone. How smooth your ride is is hit-or-miss these days, it would seem as though they don't refurbish the trains or install fresh wheels as often as they could.

I personally would love to see a new band takeover, of course the problem is finding a band that straddles that fine line between "edgy enough to not be lame" and "friendly and famous enough for a Disney park" (please do not turn this into a "what band could replace Aerosmith?" debate).

Basically, as Spirit said, this, ToT, and Star Tours are not enough to carry a park that is charging over $90 bucks for admission.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Plus... Until they demonstrate a change in the product.... Telling me they are spending 100 million or 100,000,000 million doesn't excite me one bit because the size of budget no longer equates to the epic impact of the results.

I'm more depressed by what Disney has built vs what they haven't. Slow pace is easily fixed - no longer knowing what makes great Disney product is far harder to fix

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So wait, are you saying there really aren't any missle silos in Cinderella Castle? And Walt's head isn't frozen in some chamber below the castle? Darn those internet based factoids!!!!

There is a persistent rumor that there is a AAA battery somewhere on WDW property. But I don't believe the rumors that Cindys Castle is a secret missile silo.

mahnamahna101

I find it odd that this is the slowest I've seen a SPIRITed thread move, yet it seems to have been kicked off with the most/biggest info I can remember.
DHA redo with a budget total that starts with B. Star Wars, Cars, Toy Story. Nearly every attraction on the park potentially altered or totally changed.
Plus, Universal budget cuts, impacting (potentially) everything planned to be built, including the water park and the 3rd gate.

Are we all just so burned that we don't want to believe anything until the steel starts rising? I know I have a bit of that feeling.
Well, TSPL and RSR-lite (just a standard dark ride) don't really impress me. And what we've heard about Star Wars Land sounds lackluster - depends on the E ticket.

I also don't like the idea that Muppets and GMR could both be completely gone by 2019. Give them some updates, but keep them around as both are family-friendly attractions in a park that has few of them.

If a Monsters Inc. door coaster was included and TSPL was swapped out for Bug's Land, I might be a little more excited.

John

I would bet anything that the last thing we will see is anything SW. probably the first thing will be the kiddie carnival rides. I don't care what they are themed or how well they are carnival rides. personally I can not believe some of the posters here that seem to be Ok with it.....well if they are well themed......huh? That's acceptable. Then go on to say that they exist elsewhere in the parks....huh? That too is acceptable? Carni rides are CHEAP, uninspiring and unimaginative!....hello! Again what I have read is that most will be geared to the kiddies. Nothing wrong with that if you are a child or have children. But if you are an adult.......well.

Now we can hold out hope that SW will have some spectacular E Ticket. But will it? We don't really have to look no further then FL to see TDO's recent work. Very beautiful....substance....not so much. DHS even though it lacked much for the kids ( actually lacked much in the way of rides for anybody ) was an incredible park. The theming, the ambiance I would say was as good as any of the O-Town theme parks. As we all know TDO and Eisner rushed the park to open because of a new park opening up the road. WHat they lacked in rides and attractions they went with street-mosphere, a true sense of a real working studio. What they did provide was an EXPERIENCE!

SO then slowly but surely they cut most of everything we loved. The "essence" of the park is long gone. They now have cut attractions. SO what they did was stripped the park down to the bare bones. The first thing we will do is put in CARNIVAL rides and somehow there are people who welcome this? Are you kidding me? Tell me people what attraction or ride could be worse then a carnival ride? Whats a lower class attraction? There is none! So you will be happy with the bottom? Oh but it will be themed so well.....pppppffffffttttt!!!!!!

So Shindle you answered your own rhetorical question. Yea we are feeling just a little burned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom