The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

JediMasterMatt

Here's a question for the financial experts - if we take our dollars away from WDW, but only to other divisions of Parks & Resorts like Disneyland, or the Cruise Line, is anyone at Disney remotely bothered? Or does it not matter because wherever we're spending them, Mickey is still getting those bucks?

I see Parentsof4 already knocked this out; but, I wanted to chime in that there is another metric at play that I think is far more important - when the bean counters count their beans at the end of the day, you want to make sure you are putting your beans in the bucket that you support. It's a point of integrity.

Even with the One Disney initiative, simple things like a repeat customer not coming back for their annual trip to WDW causes the system to fire off a "We miss you" email and mail. The bigger picture is one where if enough resort reward the resort that still is trying to uphold quality in comparison to the one where they are throwing quality out the window, things like attendance and revenue can be impacted.

I'm a big believer in the "you don't have the right to complain unless you try to do something about it" approach to life. I don't agree with what Disney is doing to WDW, so I'm making myself as small as I possibly can be to them; but, ultimately - I love Disney Parks, so I'm not trying to bring down the Mouse. Just send a message of support to the one bastion of quality left in the US.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I see Parentsof4 already knocked this out; but, I wanted to chime in that there is another metric at play that I think is far more important - when the bean counters count their beans at the end of the day, you want to make sure you are putting your beans in the bucket that you support. It's a point of integrity.

Even with the One Disney initiative, simple things like a repeat customer not coming back for their annual trip to WDW causes the system to fire off a "We miss you" email and mail. The bigger picture is one where if enough resort reward the resort that still is trying to uphold quality in comparison to the one where they are throwing quality out the window, things like attendance and revenue can be impacted.

I'm a big believer in the "you don't have the right to complain unless you try to do something about it" approach to life. I don't agree with what Disney is doing to WDW, so I'm making myself as small as I possibly can be to them; but, ultimately - I love Disney Parks, so I'm not trying to bring down the Mouse. Just send a message of support to the one bastion of quality left in the US.

Exactly and it's the goal of most of the so called 'Haters' on this board. Just bring back the quality we USED to get, We understand it's not a museum, Attractions WILL change but as long as they are BETTER than what they replace most of us WILL be happy.

PhotoDave219

Just close it already - we know nothing is coming

No, stuff is coming. We just dont exactly what.

There's speculation of a Pixar Place in the back of the park...... but no timetable. I'm interested to see what comes in January.

There's speculation of a SW themed area in the front of the park.... but no timetable, tho likely at least 12-18 months before construction would start, expect between movies 7 & 8 IMO (and I have nothing solid on that, just my personal expectations)

Magenta Panther

There's speculation of a Pixar Place in the back of the park...... but no timetable. I'm interested to see what comes in January.

There's speculation of a SW themed area in the front of the park.... but no timetable, tho likely at least 12-18 months before construction would start, expect between movies 7 & 8 IMO (and I have nothing solid on that, just my personal expectations)

Do you think the GMR is going to close, as Jim Hill has been hinting?

PhotoDave219

Still amazed that people think that George Kaligritis has any pull around here.

He's the guy who sails the ship. He keeps it afloat and the money rolling in and to keep things in line.

He's not the Admiral of the Fleet who decides what to buy. Thats Tom Staggs.

This isnt meant to be disrespectful to George, its just what how the company has changed and what his role has become.

Magenta Panther

He's the guy who sails the ship. He keeps it afloat and the money rolling in and to keep things in line.

This isnt meant to be disrespectful to George, its just what how the company has changed and what his role has become.

Didn't know that. Thanks!

CDavid

Certainly something is coming, and Star Wars will eventually be some part of it, but @ford91exploder does sort of have a point. Nothing is coming in the immediate future; Construction has yet to begin, so any new additions are probably looking at late 2016 or 2017 at the earliest. In other words, among guests who tend to visit regularly (every year), they will have at least two more visits - to a park which already needs help - before any expansions debut.

Do you think the GMR is going to close, as Jim Hill has been hinting?

Consider the source.

the.dreamfinder

He's doesn't even come close to the Nunis.

TP2000

Certainly something is coming, and Star Wars will eventually be some part of it, but @ford91exploder does sort of have a point. Nothing is coming in the immediate future; Construction has yet to begin, so any new additions are probably looking at late 2016 or 2017 at the earliest. In other words, among guests who tend to visit regularly (every year), they will have at least two more visits - to a park which already needs help - before any expansions debut.

Agreed. But in my experience of watching Disney build stuff in their parks for the last 20 years, it's a three year job for Disney to get a major new attraction operating from start to finish. Two years at best if the attraction doesn't involve a ride system and is a theater show.

With that said, and knowing there isn't yet a bulldozer in sight at DHS, I would think the earliest we'd see anything at DHS is the third Toy Story Midway Mania track coming online in the summer of 2017. And that's not really new and won't be marketable.

If bulldozers arrive this winter to start prepping land in the rumored Star Wars or Pixar Place areas, the earliest we'd see the new lands and their rides open is Spring, 2018.

If they follow the DCA model, they'll open the smaller/less marketable things first in 2018 and save a Star Wars Land opening for last for 2019 or later. If DHS really does get a DCA style extreme makeover, it would appear to be a project that isn't completed until the end of this decade, if not the dawn of the 2020's. For real.

PhotoDave219

Consider the source.
With all this talk of closures and more construction walls, should Disney just close TPFKaD-MGMS for 12-18 months so the construction crews can work on a faster schedule?

There's not a chance in hell that will happen…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom