EPCOT Entertainment cuts

NearTheEars

I would tell them that they were being used and that they too will be replaced when they cost too much for the company to keep.

So all performers should turn Disney down from now on? If they are just intern level they have to learn the ropes somewhere.

Again, no denying it was budget related, just want to see the new performers treated fairly when their acts open.

71jason

Pretty sure it was mine. I could be wrong. Him and a few others started ignoring my posts. I really wish they would address and answer some of the questions I posed to them though.

Sounds like I missed a party.

For the record, no desire to see your house singed, let alone nepalmed. I've actually enjoyed some of your posts in other threads.

Fractal514

What does that have to do with anything?

One of the major points in this thread has been the assertion that outside acts are inferior and a bad sign. If we were to see historical evidence of which acts where inside acts and which where third-party, it would help either prove that point or disprove it. If, for example, one of those acts was a beloved and missed act that was also a third-party, it would indicate that perhaps one of these acts coming in could be similar in that regard.

Fractal514

Sounds like I missed a party.

For the record, no desire to see your house singed, let alone nepalmed. I've actually enjoyed some of your posts in other threads.

Thanks, I don't wanna see it burned either, this was my grandfathers house before I bought it and my two children would likely be saddened by such an event.

Thanks for the compliment, I really like to engage in deep conversations here, but I like to really analyze things and try to see all angles, usually with a positive spin. Some folks really seem to have a problem with that, but that's their problem, not mine.

Fractal514

The list really highlights how kinetic (to borrow an Imagineering word...) the World Showcase used to be...

Interactive entertainment in every single country. Now, some countries don't have any entertainment.

It is a pretty damning list and does speak to an issue of entertainments being depleted, but does it really prove the point of anyone in this thread? This is not a case of straight cuts, this is a case of replacements. In this isolated incident does the list actually shrink?

That being said, it really is sad that they keep making cuts.

71jason

I'm just curious.

It does matter because if these are outside acts brought in and re-branded then this backlash for them being unemployed is pretty much a moot point.

While I care friends are unemployed, and about the long ranging effects on my city's arts scene, the main point of Equity v non Equity is that Equity are paid a lot more (and treated better). Citing strictly as evidence this was purely a financial, not show-based, decision.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
While I care friends are unemployed, and about the long ranging effects on my city's arts scene, the main point of Equity v non Equity is that Equity are paid a lot more (and treated better). Citing strictly as evidence this was purely a financial, not show-based, decision.
See my previous question/statement about Equity performers.

If your friends are indeed Equity, then they should have no problem finding more employment.

What does that have to do with anything?
Are you always so abrasive?

71jason

As for the issue of is Equity better ...

Which has more of an online presence, the Adventurers Club or the Dre C Band?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It is a pretty damning list and does speak to an issue of entertainments being depleted, but does it really prove the point of anyone in this thread? This is not a case of straight cuts, this is a case of replacements. In this isolated incident does the list actually shrink?

That being said, it really is sad that they keep making cuts.
No, this is still a case of cuts. The new acts coming in do not replace the total of the ones lost, especially adding all since the beginning of the year. That so much of what was lost was not replaced, to say nothing of the fact EP is one of three out of four parks without either a parade or opening ceremony. And the fact that Martin confirmed there was a cut to the EP Entertainment budget....

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
WDW is by far the #1 Equity employer in Orlando. They've cut at least 6 Equity shows this year, added one. No offense, because I used to be a fan, but that statement was idiotic.
There are more places to work than WDW....There is a whole world out there that actually pays decent wages.

Fractal514

No, this is still a case of cuts. The new acts coming in do not replace the total of the ones lost, especially adding all since the beginning of the year. That so much of what was lost was not replaced, to say nothing of the fact EP is one of three out of four parks without either a parade or opening ceremony. And the fact that Martin confirmed there was a cut to the EP Entertainment budget....

From this very website:
  • World Showcase Players will have its final performance September 25 2014.
  • Off Kilter in Canada, Mo’Rockin in Morocco and the Spirit of America will be performing for the final time on September 27 2014.
New live entertainment planned includes a traditional Berber music and dance troupe in Morocco, a corps of dynamic flag-waving performers in Italy, a thrilling lumberjack-inspired show in Canada, and a Celtic folk music ensemble at the United Kingdom.

WSP, Off Kilter, Mo'Rockin, Spirit of America- 4 acts cut.
Berber Dance Troupe, Flag Corps, Lumberjack, Celtic Group- 4 acts added.

My point is that THIS ISOLATED INCIDENT is not a cut in total number of acts. It may be a cut in budget, it may be a cut in quality, it may not be, but it is NOT a cut in the number of acts performing for guests. Not this singular, isolated incident.

Can we at least agree on that? I know you don't like that I'm trying to stay positive about that, and that's cool. But can we at least agree on some of the facts. I will consent that for the year of 2014 there are less acts in Epcot at the end than at the beginning. Now can you concede that this specific announcement does not reduce the total number of acts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom