Man visits WDW for 365 days

kagacins

Any discussion of this could certainly go into many psychological corners. Putting that aside for now, I'd just like to add that doing anything that the body doesn't require for 365 days in a row is some kind of bonkers relative to how I like to experience the world. I couldn't imagine eating a Snickers for a 20th day in a row, walking into my backyard for a 200th day in a row, or watching my favorite TV show 300 days in a row.

MissM

Well, certainly no one will argue that it's excessive to do anything every single day, 365 days in a row. Be it going to WDW or watching the same movie or eating the same food. But I imagine this was one of those, "wouldn't it be fun if..." kind of personal challenges and he ran with it. It certainly takes dedication to stick it through though and if he enjoyed it, well, that's all that really counts. :)

DoctorDisney

I mean...I live behind Magic Kingdom and go to the parks 5-7 days a week and have been on 16 Disney Cruises in the past two years...but I also am a reporter and work on the road or from home. So a lot of times, I'll honestly take my laptop to the parks and sit somewhere to enjoy the music, atmosphere, and all that while I work.

dkp

He's a Disney blogger and author of From Screen to Theme: A Guide to Disney Animated Film References Found Throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.

As to his decision to visit the parks every day, I'm not one to judge. My 2014 resolution was, and is, to complete a running streak of at least a mile a day. The whole personal challenge idea. (Then again, there have been more than a few days where I've questioned whether that was a sane decision....)

Last edited:

alphac2005

I mean...I live behind Magic Kingdom and go to the parks 5-7 days a week and have been on 16 Disney Cruises in the past two years...but I also am a reporter and work on the road or from home. So a lot of times, I'll honestly take my laptop to the parks and sit somewhere to enjoy the music, atmosphere, and all that while I work.

So, the parks are your local version of Starbucks. :) I understand. When we lived in Orlando, my wife and I would head over to Epcot typically two nights a week and/or the Magic Kingdom and it was a really nice way to relax and work through our business with the latest proposals, numbers, etc. without being confined to our office or home.

JIMINYCR

I love Disney, but I'd be bored out of my skull.

Doesnt say how long he spent in the parks each of those days. It would have been interesting to hear how he spent his time and kept it from getting boring.

I visit this site 365 days a year... do I get any kudos for THAT?? ;)

I'll give you a like for that... thats about all I can give you. Oh I'll add a wink too. ;)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Actually, I could entirely envision this. Cost isn't much, just a premium AP -- spread over a year, that's not a huge expense. I imagine that he didn't eat meals in the parks or hotels all the time. Just bring lunch and you don't have to spend a lot.

As for it getting bored, we're talking 4 parks (6 if the water parks count) with tons of special events. Maybe he goes one day just for a merchandise event in Epcot, and another just to see a friend perform in American Idol, and another where all he does is people watch. And I doubt it's more than a few hours each day.

Heck, if Disney would allow me, I could actually do most of my job from anywhere in a park with a good wifi connection. All I need is a laptop and my cell phone. This sounds like an excellent idea.

MKCP 1985

A common fantasy among Disney enthusiasts who are working for a living is to retire and either visit the Magic Kingdom regularly as an AP holder, taking in the sounds, smells and human interaction with people who are happy and relaxed or to get hired into a part time job there selling balloons or photographing people or doing something similar.

Having done a version of the latter, my advice to anyone considering option number 2 is that it is much better to be a former cast member than a cast member. Funny that I've never had a fellow former cast member dispute that. . . yet. But I remain optimistic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom