EPCOT Entertainment cuts

DisUniversal

was just on so you must have just missed it, nothing that wasnt already stated here though. Sounding like inferior replacements to me.
I caught it. Thanks for the heads up. Agree...sounds like they're replacing real talent with amateur talent show caliber acts. Will have to see, but if I think about it...when is the last time they did anything at Epcot which was an improvement over what they had previously?

Mukta

I went to WDW in Sept 13, Dec 13, Feb 14, May 14 and Aug 14. I saw Off Kilter and WS players multiple times on those trips.
My premier pass expired this week and I am not renewing it. I was on the fence, but this confirmed it for me. WDW is killing the things I love about it and i have no reason to spend tons of money there now.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
They could and should have cut that a long time ago, along with mulch sweat and tears, spare me. I dont get it.
I love Mulch as well, is a matter of fact Off Kilter were the ones to steer me in their direction when they first started. The guitarist at the time, Angelo, was Off Kilter's producer so that was the connection there. I understand they aren't everyone's cup of tea, so to speak but they are certainly popular based on some of the shows I have been to. Marie

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
The lumberjacks show cannot seriously be about guys (or gals) with chain saws cutting wood in a Disney park. Really?!?!?!? If so, how did they ever get that past the lawyers? What happens when one of the chain saws breaks a chain and it heads off into the crowd? What about the noise factor? Are they going to pass out ear plugs so we don't have to hear the noise? C'mon, this can't be what it is going to be. :banghead:

We always stopped to see Off Kilter, usually with a refreshing beverage. We have all of their CDs as well, and even listen to them when we aren't at Disney! We will NEVER stop to see anyone cutting wood. Insanity has taken over. As for the rest of the acts. We loved the World Showcase Players, and always stopped to watch them as well, even multiple shows in a row sitting outside the Rose & Crown with a Carl's combo at one of the tables (they even made fun of us a few times - which was great!). Glad to see BR is staying as they are also a staple of our trips.

I do understand that you need to refresh things in the parks, but when it is simply a budget cut, that is the WRONG move. Why don't the stupid executives making these asinine decisions take a 10% pay cut? That would probably cover all of the costs for all of these acts for a year!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I love Mulch as well, is a matter of fact Off Kilter were the ones to steer me in their direction when they first started. The guitarist at the time, Angelo, was Off Kilter's producer so that was the connection there. I understand they aren't everyone's cup of tea, so to speak but they are certainly popular based on some of the shows I have been to. Marie
We really enjoy Mulch every trip as well. Glad to see they're staying, at least for now.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
The lumberjacks show cannot seriously be about guys (or gals) with chain saws cutting wood in a Disney park. Really?!?!?!? If so, how did they ever get that past the lawyers? What happens when one of the chain saws breaks a chain and it heads off into the crowd? What about the noise factor? Are they going to pass out ear plugs so we don't have to hear the noise? C'mon, this can't be what it is going to be. :banghead:

We always stopped to see Off Kilter, usually with a refreshing beverage. We have all of their CDs as well, and even listen to them when we aren't at Disney! We will NEVER stop to see anyone cutting wood. Insanity has taken over. As for the rest of the acts. We loved the World Showcase Players, and always stopped to watch them as well, even multiple shows in a row sitting outside the Rose & Crown with a Carl's combo at one of the tables (they even made fun of us a few times - which was great!). Glad to see BR is staying as they are also a staple of our trips.

I do understand that you need to refresh things in the parks, but when it is simply a budget cut, that is the WRONG move. Why don't the stupid executives making these asinine decisions take a 10% pay cut? That would probably cover all of the costs for all of these acts for a year!
Coming soon to Epcot!

the_texas_chainsaw_massacre_image.jpeg

boufa

I never found Mo Rockin' to be appropriate for that park... Follow me...

They don't do any Christmas stuff in Morocco, since they don't celebrate Christmas. O.k. Staying true to the country...

They don't light up Morocco in Illuminations due to religious beliefs.... ok, fair enough

But they have a band playing pop music in Moroccan style. Seems inconsistent to me.

Besides, as has been said a few times... I like that the parks are a living breathing ever changing organism. It adds to the vibrance. I should also point out that Epcot has changed very, very little in many, many years. At this point any change would be a good change.

Clamman73

Axes aren't as loud...

Foolish Mortal

You mean the owners of the company? Indeed, that is who for profit entities tend to care most about. Should they not?

I get it. But this is what bothers me about big business. How much profit does there have to be ? And what would your position be if your job or a loved ones job was shipped overseas in the name of profit strictly for the shareholder ?

note2001

I asked my son what he and his friends think Canada is about (keep in mind some of my family came down from NS & NL in the 20s, so we should have some residual knowledge)

The answers were all a unanimous: "Eh?"
Perhaps Disney would be doing them all a favor and increasing their knowledge to include lumberjacks? Wrong. Canada is far more diverse in culture than a lumberjack inspired show. I'd love to see a Native American show that would even go with part of the theme. There are a number of tribes that could be included, if they'd agree to entertain that is.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Oh, I guess TDO and Georgie K taking a machete to EPCOT entertainment is something big enough to get the angst and ugly words spewing.

I don't have a problem with them. I just don't fundamentally understand why any of you believe that WDW is run in the best interest of guests, fans, CMs and (long term) shareholders until Disney does something YOU personally have a problem with.

I am always a Big Picture Spirit. I don't care all that much for these groups, but others do and I get why they are being replaced. And that's why I care ...

Let me be clear:

1.) This is STRICTLY a financial decision (much like every premium or upcharge event announced this year, much like I told you many months ago);
2.) I don't believe that groups should perform forever. They do get stale too;
3.) I didn't spend all that much time listening to any of them (although Off Kilter clearly had devoted groupies);
4.) At the end of the day, it isn't about changing things. It's about WHY you change. WHAT is the motivation?
5.) When you change strictly for financial reasons because your huge NGE program is an amazing boondoggle of US government proportions, the only rational answer is that you have a house cleaning of top executive leadership. But that won't happen.

Anyway, I had my brief say ... this one looks like a Lights of Winter deal, so enjoy having a 200-page bitchfest that will change nothing.

Just a question, though, has one person here called to George K's office? Has one person here called to the EPCOT VP of the Day? Has one person called to EPCOT's head of entertainment?

If you have a complaint, then that is how you bring it to Disney's attention ... yes, you off the excs by clogging their email and ringing their phones off the hook. You don't whine online (I know it is cathartic to some degree, but still ...) You certainly do NOT contact Guest Communications unless you want a call from Joan Martin, the most condescending woman working for TDO.

Now, as Joan would say, ''Thanks for calling Disney and have a MAGICal day!''

What confuses me is that changing these acts can't really amount to a substantial cost savings. If the changes resulted in an annual savings of $1,000,000 I would be shocked. $200,000 would be surprising.

Bparso87

What I don't understand is people are already judging the quality of the new acts without even seeing them. If it's rubbish then complain but at least give ti a chance.
As a business person this makes sense the other act made a lot of money cut that person and find some as good for cheaper it happens in sports all the time. I bet Indy colts fans hated to get rid of manning but got a good qb for a cheaper. No luck is not manning but for saving money not a bad move.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom