EPCOT Entertainment cuts

PhotoDave219

Belle... I know you are a big Off Kilter fan like myself. Have you personally talked to the members of Off Kilter? How are they feeling about this move? Perhaps some of it was their decision? I can understand that 17 years playing the same gig could be quite tiresome .

I cant address the question like Marie can as she's better connected with them.

HOWEVER.

When we're looking at almost all the Equity entertainment around Epcot rumored to be cut by the end of the fiscal year, it does not like sound like it would their decision.

culturenthrills

First the Ziti Sister's and now this. I thought WS couldn't get any worse. What the hell do they think people are gonna do. They aren't going to be spending money. You see so many people at Off Kilter and Mo'rockin who stop to get drinks or food before they see the show. This is so freakin stupid. And they are doing this right as F&W is going to start. They are gonna have some ed off people.

PhotoDave219

First the Ziti Sister's and now this. I thought WS couldn't get any worse. What the hell do they think people are gonna do. They aren't going to be spending money. You see so many people at Off Kilter and Mo'rockin who stop to get drinks or food before they see the show. This is so freakin stupid. And they are doing this right as F&W is going to start. They are gonna have some ed off people.

I mean, if theyre gonna cut anything, start with the drum show in Japan. By my quick math, they & the mariachi band would be the only equity gigs left.

MarkTwain

Mo Rockin (and especially their belly dancer) draw an enthusiastic crowd every time they go on; I can't believe they would cut them. They may well be the biggest reason people stop at the Moroccan pavilion.

Here's hoping that the information isn't true, or if it is, that the acts will be replaced with acts comparable in quality.

PhotoDave219

Seems like knee jerk reactions to acts being 'cut'. Haven't they already stated that they're being replaced by other acts? I'm sure there were many distraught reactions 17 years ago when Off Kilter replaced a then popular group.

I'll do some digging around tomorrow… but it does not sound like that is the case.

Jon81uk

Keeping the same entertainment in the parks year after year contributes to the staleness of WDW. These acts get old very quick.

Yep, if the same band has been performing for 17 years then maybe it is time for something new. Heres hoping they replace with something else. Personally I would remove the band from futureworld first.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Nooo! Not Mo Rockin!! :mad: :(

Off Kilter.. meh.. if I wanted to hear a slightly average cover band... I can do that at any dive bar near me. :cautious:

John

Even if these acts do get replaced ( I aint buying it ) this isn't the way to go about it. You don't change out so many fan favorites all at once. It changes the dynamics of the place. And IF these acts are being cut, the idiots running the place don't/wont care until people stop going. To those who are upset about these moves need to have your voices heard.....and not on a fan forum. Write letters. STOP GOING! Yes I do have one more trip planned for January and that's it for me.

Clamman73

I was hoping to see MoRockin since Maelstrom will have just closed when I get there on the Sept 29th. But like it was said, they redid the stage where MoRockin plays and Spice Road Table doesn't really hold a crowd in that area, so they must have some replacement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom