Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldtoo

When I first started my life of travel at about age 13 we took summer vacations because of school. The interstate highway system had been started but, it was far from complete. All rest areas along the highway were outhouses. One holers, open at the top (there was a roof, but there was a foot high gape between the wall and the roof). At night there was one light bulb in it and it attracted every type of bug god ever created. The aroma was, well, let's just say interesting. I often wonder, when I hear people complain about dirty restrooms, how they would have coped with those things. This wasn't exactly in the dark ages, I'm talking about the early 1960's.

When I was in Vietnam, the building that I worked out of, had an outhouse. The catch basins were 55 gal. drums, cut in half with handles welded to them. Once a week we would rotate to be the person that pulled the drums out from under the shed. Kerosine was then poured on top and set on fire which somehow, never knew how, managed to burn up most of the "stuff". Good times.

My grandparents on my mothers side didn't have an indoor bathroom with plumbing until about '86. Before that, the choices were either the wooden one-holer out by the barn filled with spiders and mud dauber nests, or the cane patch. I usually chose the cane patch.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
My grandparents on my mothers side didn't have an indoor bathroom with plumbing until about '86. Before that, the choices were either the wooden one-holer out by the barn filled with spiders and mud dauber nests, or the cane patch. I usually chose the cane patch.
Cane patches can be dangerous places. You have to be careful where someone might have cut down some bamboo, cause those spikes can last for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom