Iger Confirms Star Wars Domestic Parks Presence

bhg469

I've already got a bet with Jimmy Thick on here regarding Universal's attendance vs. Disney's in 2015. Let's do this. $100 to a charity like Give Kids the World. I'll take a new attraction opening in the current Jurassic Park area of IOA over Disney officially announcing the name of a new Star Wars attraction in Florida.
Attendance is a sucker bet too.. Accurate attendance numbers are probably only known by a dozen people in the company.

Mawg

Soo that whole construction beginning in January rumor can get thrown in the trash now?

Well that was probably true anyways. But, just because info won't be released until next year does not mean they can't start construction before they announce anything. It's not really Disney's style though, they typically announce and then start work years later. But, I would like it if they kept us completely in the dark and started construction without telling us what it is, makes it more fun on here to keep everyone guessing.

ToTBellHop

Well that was probably true anyways. But, just because info won't be released until next year does not mean they can't start construction before they announce anything. It's not really Disney's style though, they typically announce and then start work years later. But, I would like it if they kept us completely in the dark and started construction without telling us what it is, makes it more fun on here to keep everyone guessing.
Unless it is a Star Wars DVC lol. Then they will announce it 3 months before it opens and spend two years denying that the Death Star-looking building even exists.

wdwfan4ver

That is easy to do for DHS since American Idol Experience has I think 3 weeks left before closing based on what was mentioned on one WDW1974's threads.

Announcing stuff next year is right in line with the America Idol contract running out in January, gutting that theater, then announcing what is next. As far as WDW anyway.

Besides "..will be revealed next year, Iger said during a conference call.."

January is just as much "next year" as a year from now.

Unplugged

Unless it is a Star Wars DVC lol. Then they will announce it 3 months before it opens and spend two years denying that the Death Star-looking building even exists.

Disney Vacation Club is pleased to announce the first resort built in the Disney Hollywood Studios park area to be named Disney's Star Wars Villas. This ultra mediocre value resort will feature buildings themed to Dagobah (built on existing wet lands), Endor (among the trees), Hoth (no heat), and Tatooine (no AC). All rooms will smell like a bantha, a wet wookie, or unwashed ewoks at no additional charge, with upgraded concierge service by the sand people. Just be warned to tip generously!

kylewr86

They will take their sweet ol time with building this unless the investors start bailing when the MM+ profits do not show up next Quarter. They have been promising this and again today, I dont think the money will show for the investment. If that happens the stock will lose value and they "might" build faster and reveal plans faster but the way current leadership is they will probably cut services and save money instead of investing in the future. Hope they start a new gold age but not with current leadership.

erasure fan1

This just in! Star Wars Land opening schedule.

*2015 announcement
*2016 concept art released
*2017 plans are laid out
*2018 ground is officially broken
*2019 plans change to drop one of the 12 meet and greets for a small c-ticket attraction
*2020 phase one opens with the star wars cantina and the speeder bike spinner and 4 meet and greets
Final open date... TBD

Don't shoot the messenger, but thats what a bus driver told me.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom