Iger Confirms Star Wars Domestic Parks Presence

DManRightHere

They will take their sweet ol time with building this unless the investors start bailing when the MM+ profits do not show up next Quarter. They have been promising this and again today, I dont think the money will show for the investment. If that happens the stock will lose value and they "might" build faster and reveal plans faster but the way current leadership is they will probably cut services and save money instead of investing in the future. Hope they start a new gold age but not with current leadership.

So sad that's how business works.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It's good to see some optimism around here. I'm not getting a good feeling that we'll see anything Star Wars in quite a while, but I really hope I'm wrong and they announce something soon.

wdwfan4ver

D23 would be the obvious choice
I would think so too, but Disney has a bad history of not announcing new WDW theme park stuff at D23's taking place in the United States.

Disney didn't announce Avatarland at the 2011 D23, but announced it late September of that year. Disney waited for their Animal Kingdom theme park announcements and concept art for the 2013 D23 in Tokyo instead of the D23 in Anaheim.

In 2013, Disney didn't have a park and resort conference at D23 in Anaheim even.

lazyboy97o

I would think so too, but Disney has a bad history of not announcing new WDW theme park stuff at D23's taking place in the United States.

Disney didn't announce Avatarland at the 2011 D23, but announced it late September of that year. Disney waited for their Animal Kingdom theme park announcements and concept art for the 2013 D23 in Tokyo instead of the D23 in Anaheim.
The deal was not finalized until after the 2011 D23 Expo and the art release at the Japan D23 Expo was an attempt to generate hype that it was hoped help convince the Oriental Land Company to buy a version of the land.

twebber55

In 2013, Disney didn't have a park and resort conference at D23 in Anaheim even.
how many D23 s have there been? theres not much precedent either way but youre right wouldn't shock me either way

SoupBone

Interesting quote:

"when we increase Star Wars presence, which we will do significantly."

It's pretty easy to decipher really. Imagination is getting shuttered along with everything in that land and becoming one of the Star Wars planets, and Spaceship Earth will become the Death Star. How did no one else see this coming?

Captain Neo

Star Wars expansion better be amazing. If it's nickel and dimed and value engineered to death it will be a huge waste of potential. Here's hoping for the very best like I know Disney is capable of.

At a minimum it's gotta be Avatar Land/Wizarding World of Harry Potter level

Mike S

At a minimum it's gotta be Avatar Land/Wizarding World of Harry Potter level
I wish it would be on WWoHP level meaning a brand new knock your socks off E Ticket like Forbidden Journey. Avatar level, I don't know. That's just a retread of the same ground we got with Soarin and a boat ride that could end up promising but we really have no idea at this point. Boy will Pandora be something to look at on the outside though if it ends up as anything close to what's in the concept art. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

The conference call today officially said what we all know. more Star Wars in the parks. Info comes out next year though. Way too long

Ahhh Need we Forget what happens around August in Anaheim!
d23-expo-2015-article.jpg

Rosso11

Ahhh Need we Forget what happens around August in Anaheim!
d23-expo-2015-article.jpg

If I was to guess when they would announce it I would actually say at The Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim April 16-19th!
http://www.starwarscelebration.com/
Think about it. If Disney's main goal of building a Star Wars land is to bring in new customers what better place to do it then there? Why would they waste making the announcement at D23 to a room full of customers they already have? This investment will be about bringing in new guests the same way Harry Potter did at Universal.

Mike S

If I was to guess when they would announce it I would actually say at The Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim April 16-19th!
http://www.starwarscelebration.com/
Think about it. If Disney's main goal of building a Star Wars land is to bring in new customers what better place to do it then there? Why would they waste making the announcement at D23 to a room full of customers they already have? This investment will be about bringing in new guests the same way Harry Potter did at Universal.
If they would announce it to people who are Star Wars fans first and foremost and probably aren't Disney fans then it better be something jaw dropping or else they'll be laughed and ridiculed right off the stage. They'll have a hard time finding an apologist who would defend anything in that crowd. These are the people who openly criticize Episodes I-III which were created by George Lucas. How do you think they would react to a simplistic land from Disney? Kind of gives me a little hope Disney knows who they're dealing with and will make something spectacular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom