The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

mgpan

Only noobs reserve weeks in advance.

I reserved the day before for July 5th and got Kilimanjaro Safari's, Expedition Everest and Dinosaur. Dinosaur was such a walk-on, we decided not to use FP for the attraction and switch to FotLK. Yes, FP+ for shows actually does work if you use it right. It gives you a 20 minute window, 12:30-12:50 for example. FP+ is let in first at 12:45. We ended up with second row viewing due to being let in so early before the masses.

FP+ is flexible and easy to use and makes touring the parks pretty damn easy imo. It's the least of the problems involved with MM+.

Glad you are located close to the world and can risk waiting until the day before arrival to reserve. Some of us (including this 17+ trip "Noob") aren't so lucky and can't just chance what we want will be available. Thanks for the information on the shows if only good for getting better seating.

71jason

If I were a gambling man, I would bet against any GoG in Disney World beyond this temporary preview for the movie.

I would too--not because the characters are off-limits*, but because TDO is too cheap to build anything substantial.

* (My own personal legal/recovering comic book nerd take: Guardians themselves could be used, but not the two rumored main villains. So meet & grope at best.)

lebeau

I would too--not because the characters are off-limits*, but because TDO is too cheap to build anything substantial.

* (My own personal legal/recovering comic book nerd take: Guardians themselves could be used, but not the two rumored main villains. So meet & grope at best.)

Fair point. I'd bet against nearly any attraction in Disney World at this point.

71jason

And why can't, since Universal supposedly has exclusive rights, why can't they just put a cutout of GoTG somewhere in IOA?

[By "GotG," I mean the line-up of characters on the team, not the movie itself. Again,
Thanos and the Collector
, the rumored villains, are certainly in the Avengers family. And apparently even the Marvel logo is off-limits to TDO.]

1) At best the previous GotG were "honorary" Avengers. They were never active duty members featured in the team's monthly book. It would be a huge stretch to include them in the "family." And as I said, not sure the current line-up even did that.

2) None of the current GotG are featured even incidentally anywhere in MSHI.

3) Other than Rocket, not sure when these characters were created. It's not at all clear that characters created after the contract was signed are included. I suspect that's the reason Iron Patriot, not Iron Man, did M&Gs at Planet Hollywood last year.

4) Even assuming Universal has the rights to the GotG, they could only use the comic book likenesses, not the versions in the movie. Which would be somewhat confusing.

5) Why would Universal need a cheap cardboard cut-out, they have the most immersive theme park land in Orlando right now, why do anything to draw attention away from that?

crispy

Not that you need to hear it from me, but Diagon Alley and Gringotts are phenomenal. Spent the entire day at Uni and got two rides on Gringotts.

Diagon is its own world. You get back there, and it's like you've left Universal Studios. Seems like there's always another corner to turn, another set of stairs leading into the distance.

What we ate/drank: Leaky Cauldron (Bangers and Mash) was delicious. Dragon's Scale was very good. Butterbeer ice cream might be better than the drink.

Is Universal/IOA a two-day trip? Before long (maybe even now?), the question should be is it a three-day affair?

Gringotts...
The ride knocked my socks off. It's got physical sets, even though it uses a lot of screens. The 3D is the best I've ever seen. There's one scene when a goblin runs alongside the track, and I swear the 3D and physical set are indistinguishable. The motion of the cars is a blast. The finale is incredible -- the screens are massive. At one point, I looked to the side to see if I could see the edge of the screen, and it just wraps around the vehicle -- the image is clear and surrounding. The "dark" coaster sections are, perhaps, a little sparse, but they're so short that it doesn't detract from the overall ride. Like someone else said, it's the Mummy on steroids. It builds on the strengths of Mummy and Spider-man. A fitting E-ticket for an E-ticket expansion.

Yeah, well, it's no spinner!!!!!

Stevek

That and the social media aspect. Free publicity. Which I have no problem with before an idiot takes a pop.

They certainly didn't do it so I can Facetime my father in the UK. Which was quite fun admittedly.
My wife and I were there solo in March and we face timed the MSEP back to our girls in So Cal. I thought it was much cooler than they did.

PhotoDave219

He's around. A lot of his posts from a day or so, along with a few by others, got deleted during the twitter discussion.

That got deleted? Because I stuck up for people who aren't around to defend themselves? Because I actually think its wrong to instigate and make fun of people from twitter?

I understand last nights hijinx - (If this status gets 30 likes, I will go ice skating at the studios today!) - but really, we should not be ripping on people from twitter. Even if they're an easy target.

And can we knock off the "Brian Singer sex debate?" Ive heard from professional media people outside these forums that our opinions are being laughed and dismissed at simply for that.....

manutdfan1

If you want to talk about the Harry Potter Effect, here is an example. The Contemporary is at 60% occupancy during the summer, the week after July 4th. This is what has Disney worried. Not attendance, well not attendance yet. ;)

Not saying that your facts wrong, but you got that straight off of Twitter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom