The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

lebeau

They are about to launch a new Star Wars: Rebels series which will include some young reader books. That may be a good start for reading versus reference. They will also have a Rebels character guide since she likes those books.

I have a feeling we will check those out.

I tried to get her into Star Wars this spring before we attended Star Wars Weekend for the first time. Neither of the girls was interested. We get back and all the sudden Josie is ready to be a Sith lord.

wdw-darth-josie.jpg

They both liked ewoks though. Or as they call them "yub yub bears"

wdw-girls-and-ewoks.jpg

John

The premise of Alita: Battle Angel alone is intriguing:

In the distant future, a female adolescent cyborg, who was found stranded and left to die on a garbage dump of an isolated world, is saved and adopted by a family from Earth and saves Earth from annihilation by aliens...

A femme fatale Terminator.......nice.

lebeau

The anime series and books are huge in Japan. Cameron used the original writer to co-write the script, which I'm sure Cameron has Americanized and Cameronized.

I have a friend who loves the original series. So I'm familiar with it through him. But he is literally the only person I know who has ever seen it.

I have bet against Cameron just about every time he has released a movie. And with the possible exception of The Abyss, I have always been wrong. So my new rule is "Never bet against Cameron". But I'm skeptical.

lazyboy97o

You're assuming they GET their phones on international places.
Some phones are locked.. believe it or not.. prepaid phones from some companies in Mexico do not work in the US.. they demand you PAY extra money to make it work in the US.

so having the phone in the US could be considered dumb..as the phone would be a literal brick.
That doesn't stop the WiFi from working. It is not dependent on having cellular service.

PeterAlt

I have a friend who loves the original series. So I'm familiar with it through him. But he is literally the only person I know who has ever seen it.

I have bet against Cameron just about every time he has released a movie. And with the possible exception of The Abyss, I have always been wrong. So my new rule is "Never bet against Cameron". But I'm skeptical.
You've become wise... The principle of Midas Touch applies here...

bhg469

I know people who have never seen Harry Potter...or read the books.
Never read the books or saw all the movies but I appreciate all the back story to the world that Rowling created. I also respect what universal did with hogsmeade. It is pretty amazing in that area and I can't wait to see DA. NFL was nothing in comparison to the detail of what universal did so far.

wdwfan4ver

Both Big Hero 6 and Guardians of the Galaxy can be used at WDW I believe.
The concern has to be would Disney put them in the proper parks for WDW. I am saying that based the plans of a Frozen overlay and that means Disney is capable of putting one of the two movies in AK or Epcot just because they can instead of looking at a potential of a Super Hero land at DHS as an example.

doctornick

The concern has to be would Disney put them in the proper parks for WDW. I am saying that based the plans of a Frozen overlay and that means Disney is capable of putting one of the two movies in AK or Epcot just because they can instead of looking at a potential of a Super Hero land at DHS as an example.

Debatebly, either Big Hero 6 or (especially) GotG could fit in Tomorrowland in MK. I'd prefer either -- if an attraction were ever made -- to be in DHS because it needs the help. But I wouldn't be opposed to Stitch or Laugh Floor (the latter which should be moved to Pixar Place) replaced.

Sped2424

Debatebly, either Big Hero 6 or (especially) GotG could fit in Tomorrowland in MK. I'd prefer either -- if an attraction were ever made -- to be in DHS because it needs the help. But I wouldn't be opposed to Stitch or Laugh Floor (the latter which should be moved to Pixar Place) replaced.
Big hero 6 in my opinon belongs at DHS. They already have a sanfrancisco street and the rest of streets of america. Why not overlay everything so it 1 doesn't look hollow or temporary and 2 change the landscaping so that it looks like the streets of san fransokyo. have the show building for a large attraction take the space of lights motor action. Fit some of the empty bottom stores with actual food locations and merch like a real street in tokyo
tokyoramen-ikebukuro-flickr-midorisyu.jpg

And bam you have a whole land without needing to demo much.

stevehousse

As far as I know, no Marvel characters at all are allowed in WDW! I don't think Gaurdians would be allowed. I have no idea about Big Hero 6 though, since it seems that Disney isn't connecting it to Marvel in any way shape or form??? There is no Marvel tag on any trailer...

Sped2424

As far as I know, no Marvel characters at all are allowed in WDW! I don't think Gaurdians would be allowed. I have no idea about Big Hero 6 though, since it seems that Disney isn't connecting it to Marvel in any way shape or form??? There is no Marvel tag on any trailer...
Tell that to the guardians preview coming to hollywood studios.

crispy

I love anecdotal evidence being used to prove larger points!!!

I am in my VERY early 30s. I like Star Wars, I don't love it or anything. I don't know one single person who LOVES it. And I know a goodly amount of people. What does that tell you?

You need better friends? j/k

I never watched Star Wars until my geeky guy friends in college made me. I was only two when the first one came out, and my family just didn't go to movies when I was growing up. I always loved the idea of the movies, though, even before seeing them. I knew all the major players. It was a part of my childhood even though it wasn't if that makes any sense. The thought of being able to walk through the places I've seen on screen is just so appealing to me. If done right, it could be just amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom