Two New VIP Tours Debuting at Walt Disney World

PeoplemoverTTA

OK, wow, if that is true then it is a cash grab. Don't do it people! You're being ripped off.

I'm looking for something VIP that is reasonable to surprise my future husband, so I'm okay with it (I'm also a passholder and he has a 10-day park hopper, so the ticket point doesn't affect us)...I never shell out extra for stuff in WDW, so this is a really unique circumstance for me.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
If I only had one day I could hit WDW I MIGHT consider the Thrills package if I were traveling solo or on a business trip and I could tack on a day. Over a Grand for the young families of 4 is cuckoo. When my family was that young for only those type of attractions my kids would have been hard pressed to keep up the pace for 7 hours straight plus a table service meal, that to me is asking for a young child melt down.

EDIT:
Park admission is required for both of these tours. I have updated the site with that information.

Now that the sight is updated and it would be over $400 plus tax etc I would not do this.
$299 was a stretch but as I said above maybe...now, no way. $1500+ for a young family with few E attractions, I'm hard pressed not to call that a money grab.

Last edited:

PeoplemoverTTA

Wait so I thought u didn't need park admission for this??? Confused...

Park admission is not included with the tour, you must have a park hopper - I was just on the phone with WDW Tours.

I will say that I eventually gave up. The CM was really trying to get answers for me, but the more I thought about it, the more I didn't want to spend $540 (after the passholder discount), lol. So the computer glitch saved me $500 on my honeymoon :)

Goofyernmost

I'm looking for something VIP that is reasonable to surprise my future husband, so I'm okay with it (I'm also a passholder and he has a 10-day park hopper, so the ticket point doesn't affect us)...I never shell out extra for stuff in WDW, so this is a really unique circumstance for me.
I apologize, I should have taken into account that some have special reasons for doing so, however, the average Joe is being worked over, but at least got a lunch out of it. :happy: Yours is a special situation that I doubt applies to many. AP's can take advantage of it, but would they on a normal basis? Me? I usually have 10 day tickets with park hoppers that I wouldn't want to waste and pay that much extra to do it. Just me maybe!

Soarin' Over Pgh

I just booked the Ultimate Thrills for 7/20 on my honeymoon, and as a heads up, the terms said that it does not include park admission and a park hopper is required for this tour.

He also said that the first tour they are booking for the Ultimate Thrills is on Friday, 7/18.

Whaaaaa? :eek:

That's just nuts. So $300, plus $100 one day admission, and what's a park hopper running now?

Insanity. Money grab. :eek: :greedy:

PeoplemoverTTA

I apologize, I should have taken into account that some have special reasons for doing so, however, the average Joe is being worked over, but at least got a lunch out of it. :happy: Yours is a special situation that I doubt applies to many. AP's can take advantage of it, but would they on a normal basis? Me? I usually have 10 day tickets with park hoppers that I wouldn't want to waste and pay that much extra to do it. Just me maybe!

Oh you're totally right, and yours and other posts helped me think about it while on hold :D I didn't mean to sound defensive, but I have to admit I hate the thought of losing my Disney realist "cool" all because of honeymoon excitement, lol.

I am really considering Backstage Magic, though, which would negate most of that $500 savings. We leave Monday the 21st and our flight isn't until 9pm (leave for the airport at 6pm), so it would be a great surprise for my future husband to spend our last day in the parks on that tour.

ABQ

I'm not claiming I could ever afford a VIP tour like this one, but I have to disagree with those that call it a cash grab. At least to me, a cash grab is something that's just on the cusp of what I can afford. Something I could somehow convince myself was in some way worth the money. Something a large number of people will pay into like suckers. This being beyond the average Joe's price range isn't that. This is something that I would truly say, OK, it's a VIP tour that is priced for a VIP. Heck, existing VIP tours at WDW run around 300 dollars PER HOUR, not per day. Maybe those include a park admission, but I can't see hitting this amount of parks or rides in 1 hour. So yeah, it's expensive, but to be termed VIP I'm not surprised. Heck, I spent nearly this much for face value tickets to a Red Sox game in April, only got 3 hours in the park, had to pay for my food and THEY LOST! For 2 1/2 hours I felt like a VIP though. At least you get to ride 10 attractions which you may enjoy for this money.

PrincessNelly_NJ

So you are paying $300 (plus cost of park hopper) for what, the ability to hit Headliners w/o waiting, transportation, & a meal at whispering canyon cafe?

No offense but give me a one day hopper ticket, fp+, and EMH and I could probably achieve this for less, not in 7 hours but in one day.

They should at least drop the price for the Young Families tour... $300 per person... $1200 for a family of four plus they need to add in the cost of a park hopper per person?!?!:eek:
Most of those family rides are walk on in the morning and right before park closing except PP, TSMM...

It is a money grab. Period.

They could have at least offered to end it with special viewing for the fireworks/parade of your choice or something..

Last edited:

rd805

I'm not claiming I could ever afford a VIP tour like this one, but I have to disagree with those that call it a cash grab. At least to me, a cash grab is something that's just on the cusp of what I can afford. Something I could somehow convince myself was in some way worth the money. Something a large number of people will pay into like suckers. This being beyond the average Joe's price range isn't that. This is something that I would truly say, OK, it's a VIP tour that is priced for a VIP. Heck, existing VIP tours at WDW run around 300 dollars PER HOUR, not per day. Maybe those include a park admission, but I can't see hitting this amount of parks or rides in 1 hour. So yeah, it's expensive, but to be termed VIP I'm not surprised. Heck, I spent nearly this much for face value tickets to a Red Sox game in April, only got 3 hours in the park, had to pay for my food and THEY LOST! For 2 1/2 hours I felt like a VIP though. At least you get to ride 10 attractions which you may enjoy for this money.

This is not a tour. A tour gives you an experience that you can't get by purchasing regular admission. You are paying for front of the line access, and at a very high premium. Cash grab is very appropriate.

Bolna

Oh you're totally right, and yours and other posts helped me think about it while on hold :D I didn't mean to sound defensive, but I have to admit I hate the thought of losing my Disney realist "cool" all because of honeymoon excitement, lol.

I am really considering Backstage Magic, though, which would negate most of that $500 savings. We leave Monday the 21st and our flight isn't until 9pm (leave for the airport at 6pm), so it would be a great surprise for my future husband to spend our last day in the parks on that tour.

If you want something special, I would suggest considering the Wild Africa Trek at AK. It is very pricey, too. But it is quite a unique experience and I think if you want to splurge on something during your honeymoon, this would be very nice. You also get a DVD with all the pictures the CMs take (of the animals and of you) afterwards which might be a nice souvenir. We had a wonderful experience, but were lucky to have a CM friend who came along, so we got it at a heavy discount.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom