AVATAR land construction progress

doctornick

You can't be serious.

A lot of the square footage of Hogsmeade existed previously in the form of the two coasters. The new construction was FJ and the "village" itself with shops/food. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that Pandora is going to be much a much larger build in terms of total land than Phase 1 of Potter was (especially if the boat ride does indeed happen). And stuff like the floating mountains and bioluminensce plants would presumable be more difficult to design/build than the more standard buildings of Hogsmeade.

NoChesterHester

A lot of the square footage of Hogsmeade existed previously in the form of the two coasters. The new construction was FJ and the "village" itself with shops/food. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that Pandora is going to be much a much larger build in terms of total land than Phase 1 of Potter was (especially if the boat road does indeed happen). And stuff like the floating mountains and bioluminensce plants would presumable be more difficult to design/build than the more standard buildings of Hogsmeade.

Good post. I do agree.

DinoInstitute

You can't be serious.
A lot of the square footage of Hogsmeade existed previously in the form of the two coasters. The new construction was FJ and the "village" itself with shops/food. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that Pandora is going to be much a much larger build in terms of total land than Phase 1 of Potter was (especially if the boat ride does indeed happen). And stuff like the floating mountains and bioluminensce plants would presumable be more difficult to design/build than the more standard buildings of Hogsmeade.
Good post. I do agree.
Yeah, thats pretty much what I was gonna say...

DinoInstitute

Ok, fair enough. Speaking of which, 'cause I'm not really all over the Uni news as much, is there just one ride in phase 2 and a few shops and the park to park train?

DinoInstitute

No doubt that the gringots coaster will be great.
But the train...idk...doesnt seem like much more than MK railroad, but you LITERALLY need a ticket to ride it

prfctlyximprct

image.jpg
Just saw this on twitter

DinoInstitute

Way way way more than a method of transportation. Total immersion.
Oh, I'm sure it would be great, but it doesn't seem all that wow to me. Maybe I'm just not enough a fan of HP. Well, we'll see soon just how cool it is.

And is it just me or is "Immersion" an overused term that people don't really feel? That goes for all parks

NoChesterHester

Oh, I'm sure it would be great, but it doesn't seem all that wow to me. Maybe I'm just not enough a fan of HP. Well, we'll see soon just how cool it is.

And is it just me or is "Immersion" an overused term that people don't really feel? That goes for all parks

True, there has to be some certain suspension of disbelief no matter what.

But... Immersion is absolutely the goal, but if it is actually achieved can be debated. I'd say the plans for the Hogwarts Express sequence is about as close as we can get.

DinoInstitute

But... Immersion is absolutely the goal, but if it is actually achieved can be debated. I'd say the plans for the Hogwarts Express sequence is about as close as we can get.
I think to "acheive" total immersion there needs to be no trace of an outside world, and make it so that while you are there you are focus on and interested about what is there, not thinking about something else--which is almost impossible to acheive

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom