Ratatouille in Epcot

Kman101

But to TDO, we don't matter (despite how they monitor posts, apparently), and the masses won't blink an eye if that ride was put there. Not saying it's the RIGHT ride.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It's representative of Norway's history and folklore. Perfect.

New rides: Good.
Wrong ride in the wrong place: Not so good.

I don't think the fan community is desperate enough (though close) to automatically endorse just any new attraction in Epcot.
I'm pretty close. I think you guys may have talked me off the ledge, but if we don't hear about something else soon I may get right back up there. Even with the toons.

CinematicFusion

I don't think the fan community is desperate enough (though close) to automatically endorse just any new attraction in Epcot.
Except it's an opinion of what is good or bad. It's not fact that is a bad idea. It's an opinion help by some on this board.
You hate the idea
I like it
Both opinions

True look what happened to the new Imagination ride...terrible idea on an epic scale.
However...the idea of Rat ride going to France (as long as the ride is good...reviews aren't even out yet.) is not a desperate idea. Its an idea that makes sense.
It just doesn't make sense to some on this board.
Some...as I've been saying...have a different opinion.
Lee..your not into the ride. I respect your opinion.
Me...I think it's a pretty cool concept for the land. Again, just an opinion.

and...we are all just giving an opinion on a ride that isn't ever going to happen. I'm pretty sure we can bank on that.

Turtle

Original Poster
While they r at it they can also add a Mulan ride to China!

It drives me crazy that people b*tch and complain about no rides being added for years and then people go off and get mad that they are adding rides???

What is wrong with u people???
ed about adding a world class e-ticket at that...

lazyboy97o

?...explain
The setting of Ratatouille is France. The other examples you gave are set in their representative countries and based on that criteria they all fit. But World Showcase's theme is about cultural exchange and therefore requires more than an appropriate locale. Ratatouille is an American, not a French, story and just because it is popular in France still doesn't make it French. The France Pavilion is supposed to showcase French culture, not American culture set in France. The Norway Pavilion is supposed to showcase Norwegian culture, not American culture set in Norway. The Germany Pavilion is supposed to showcase German culture, not American culture set in Germany. Unless you can show how Ratatouille is French culture then yes, the film is thematically inappropriate. Doesn't mean you cannot like the idea, but you cannot claim that appropriateness is opinion because it is not a French film or even based on a French story.

Lee

Adventurer
Except it's an opinion of what is good or bad. It's not fact that is a bad idea. It's an opinion help by some on this board.
You hate the idea
I like it
Both opinions

True look what happened to the new Imagination ride...terrible idea on an epic scale.
However...the idea of Rat ride going to France (as long as the ride is good...reviews aren't even out yet.) is not a desperate idea. Its an idea that makes sense.
It just doesn't make sense to some on this board.
Some...as I've been saying...have a different opinion.
Lee..your not into the ride. I respect your opinion.
Me...I think it's a pretty cool concept for the land. Again, just an opinion.

and...we are all just giving an opinion on a ride that isn't ever going to happen. I'm pretty sure we can bank on that.
It's not that I'm not into the ride, it looks great. For DHS.
I just think adding another toon to World Showcase isn't the best move.

You know what, I'm gonna post something (that I probably shouldn't...) in a minute. It'll explain my thinking.

Last edited:

Lee

Adventurer
The setting of Ratatouille is France. The other examples you gave are set in their representative countries and based on that criteria they all fit. But World Showcase's theme is about cultural exchange and therefore requires more than an appropriate locale. Ratatouille is an American, not a French, story and just because it is popular in France still doesn't make it French. The France Pavilion is supposed to showcase French culture, not American culture set in France. The Norway Pavilion is supposed to showcase Norwegian culture, not American culture set in Norway. The Germany Pavilion is supposed to showcase German culture, not American culture set in Germany. Unless you can show how Ratatouille is French culture then yes, the film is thematically inappropriate. Doesn't mean you cannot like the idea, but you cannot claim that appropriateness is opinion because it is not a French film or even based on a French story.
Nice.

Captain Neo

I doubt they would build it because of how stupid American culture has become. First there would be the parents who start lining up to complain at Guest Relations because the ride scared the **** out of their kid and then the french would complain and start ruckus that it's insulting and makes french people look like scary crazey people. A controversy that would end up on the news with Disney forced to comment.

HTF

I'm still waiting for that Lorax dark ride and Jurassic Park mega expansion that HTF spent last year hyping up

It's right behind Diagon Alley, Kong, Waterpark, Transformers, Citywalk, TF M&G, the interactive wands, work on ROTM, Springfield, 5th Hotel, Starbucks galore, and countless operational pieces... How soon some forget how far some of us took you down the rabbit hole.

CinematicFusion

It's not that I'm not into the ride, it looks great. For DHS.
I just think adding another toon to World Showcase isn't the best move.

You know what, I'm gonna post something (that I probably shouldn't...) in a minute. It'll explain my thinking.
That's fair, I might be seeing it in a different light.

CinematicFusion

Cool..I see where you are coming from. Good argument and well thought out.

Timothy_Q

How about this idea, Disney:

Let's build in Pixar Place
-Ratatouille attraction and restaurant
-Crush's Coaster with Turtle Talk in pre-show/queue (and get rid of Nemo in The Seas)
-Monsters Coaster with Laugh Floor in pre-show/queue (and get rid of it in Tomorrowland)

Improves 3 parks at once

Captain Neo

I still have my doubts they will pull the trigger on this. Disney is going to have Avatar Land at DAK and Soarin 2.0 at Epcot and they will tease Star Wars at the end of the decade and they will call it a day.

danv3

How about this idea, Disney:

Let's build in Pixar Place
-Ratatouille attraction and restaurant
-Crush's Coaster with Turtle Talk in pre-show/queue (and get rid of Nemo in The Seas)
-Monsters Coaster with Laugh Floor in pre-show/queue (and get rid of it in Tomorrowland)

Improves 3 parks at once

I like the concept, but the chances of TDO paying to move an existing attraction to another park have to be less than 1%.

NiarrNDisney

Tumblr_mmen87MurD1qfb4l9o1_500.jpg

And while we're at it lets move Aladdin's Magic Carpets to Morocco, build a Mary Poppins attraction in the U.K, etc etc.

Lee

Adventurer
That's fair, I might be seeing it in a different light.
Ok.
I wasn't gonna put this out there, but what the hell...

Two pieces of concept art. One for the Rat ride, the other for an as yet un-built country.
Which one does Epcot need more?
Which one better fits with the mission and purpose of Epcot?

How you answer that will determine whether or not you "get" Epcot.

I also have a feeling opinions may be skewed a bit by age....

(Enjoy the photo. Good chance I'll get told to pull it.)

20140306_ratatouille_1-571x640.jpg

0717100500a.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom