Ratatouille in Epcot

CinematicFusion

we haven't even seen reviews of this ride yet. If the reviews come out and its as good as the pooh ride in Japan...then yeah...build the heck out of it.
WdW doesn't have this ride tech at the park yet. I would like to see something new
20140306_ratatouille_0-640x426.jpg

Ratatouille: The Ride

Shrinking down to the size of a rat, you’ll be immersed in a Disney experience like no other. Rémy and his friends cook up a storm when Chef Skinner sends you scurrying through the sights, smells and senses of Gusteau’s restaurant. Duck, dive and dodge your way through a Disneylicious adventure that’s sure to leave you hungry for more.

This ride just seems like the perfect fit for the world showcase. I'm all in.

20140306_ratatouille_1-571x640.jpg

20140213_ratagm_13.jpg

20140415_ratopening10_14-640x360.jpg

Last edited:

Sped2424

If you forgive this, and forgive that, at what point is there no longer a theme?

How is scurrying around oversized sets not whacky and zany?
The way I look at it is the world show case isn't going to get any better, and it doesn't look like they have any plans to bring back the purpose that they once had for it. So if the trade off is a wonderful dark ride that is crafted with care then I guess I can forgive that. However the donald overlay in mexico is an example of cheap character overlay that really doesn't bring anything to the table. At least with rat it would be something that would add to the park rather than take away. But I get your point.

PeterMarcus

No R&D costs would allow TDO to build Ratatouille and Soarin 2.0 at a much cheaper rate. And they love that!

I thought I had heard that they can't build the trackless ride system in the States that Ratatouille is using in Europe. Some sort of contractual thing or something? It wasn't a tech problem but a business issue. I remember hearing about it last year, but I can't find the post.

CinematicFusion

Just a rumor, granted.....but a horrible idea.

There are so many better ideas for Epcot sitting on the shelf, gathering dust.

Ugh....Rat in World Showcase is just...lazy.

I think this works perfect for the synergy of what they are trying to accomplish in the world showcase area...which to me looks like selling food. The ride works in my opinion. I think it fits with the overall theme of world showcase.
However...it's like every other rumor and I doubt your going to see anything moving anytime soon. So being just a rumor, it doesn't really matter what the heck I think.

Horizonsfan

I welcome the idea of adding Ratatouille to the pavilion but I would hope they could save the film. It highly unlikely they would keep two attractions but it really should be done. If nothing else they could always construct a smaller theater to screen the film in. It's a beautiful film and one of the few things still contributing culture to the park. Again, I highly doubt WDI & TDO would/will save it unfortunately.

Hobnail Boot

I've always viewed the WS pavilions as being themed to the respective country's culture, as oppposed to simply being a French or Italian themed area. In that respect, no, Rat doesn't fit. However I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited by this rumor. The facades and the ride at WDS looks to be a winner so I would have no problem with it coming here as long as they don't ruin what is already in France (the film, the atmosphere, etc.). Heck, set it off to the back across from the International Gateway Friendships dock so it won't ruin the view of the front of the pavilion. They could even have a little river walk leading around to it.

NiarrNDisney

There is sufficient space behind the existing pavilion, and an entire empty expansion pad next door, although I would hate to see them use it.
In a word yes, and due to the French pavilions location and layout it would have little to no impact on park operations backstage.
tumblr_n5f4wk7fqP1rb3d4bo1_500.png

France has the gift of large unused land and it's sitting right next to an expansion space. Everything in yellow could technically be used for expansion space!

Thank you all for answering my post :)
I see there is more than ample room for an addition of this size.

CinematicFusion

With rumours pointing towards a Frozen re theme for Norway. This idea about Ratatouille for France. World Showcase stands a serious risk of being butchered and turn into an international Toon Town.

Yeah...Frozen doesn't work for me there. It doesn't fit in my opinion with the world showcase. Ratatouille does. It was a story based in france about a character who loves food. I think it would be a welcome addition to the land and would blend in well with the theme. even if they didn't make the film, you could see Disney coming up with this idea for France.

Frozen ride feels like a throw in and does feel out of place. I love Frozen, would love to see a ride...just not there.

DManRightHere

The way I look at it is the world show case isn't going to get any better, and it doesn't look like they have any plans to bring back the purpose that they once had for it. So if the trade off is a wonderful dark ride that is crafted with care then I guess I can forgive that. However the donald overlay in mexico is an example of cheap character overlay that really doesn't bring anything to the table. At least with rat it would be something that would add to the park rather than take away. But I get your point.

Yeah I am not a fan of the Donald theme for mexico..they should just change it to informative mexican history. Hopefully they never destroy the land like that.

DManRightHere

With rumours pointing towards a Frozen re theme for Norway. This idea about Ratatouille for France. World Showcase stands a serious risk of being butchered and turn into an international Toon Town.

What rumors for frozen? I've only seen general talk among forums/bloggers.

I do not like, frozen is fine but keep it in MK.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Just a rumor, granted.....but a horrible idea.

There are so many better ideas for Epcot sitting on the shelf, gathering dust.

Ugh....Rat in World Showcase is just...lazy.
Just wondering out loud, but might not it make some sense to refit this ride system (with new props and theme, of course) into Imagination?
Now this I would be fully behind 100%. Given a choice between rat ride in France and a new imagination I would choose Imagination hands down. Given the choice between rat ride in France and nothing, I choose rat ride.

Lee

Adventurer
Just wondering out loud, but might not it make some sense to refit this ride system (with new props and theme, of course) into Imagination?
But that would be more difficult and expensive than just doing a direct lift of the Rat. Like I said...lazy.

World a Showcase needs new countries with appropriate attractions, not more cartoon invasion. Next up, Mulan ride in China.

CDavid

The ride works in my opinion. I think it fits with the overall theme of world showcase.

The only way a character-based attraction can be said to "fit the overall theme of" World Showcase is if you interpret that theme only on the most superficial level.

Ratatouille fits perfectly in Hollywood Studios or in Fantasyland; It fits in Epcot about as well as it would fit in Animal Kingdom (they have rats in Africa, so...).

If there is anything to this rumor - and that's a pretty big If - you have to wonder why its not slated for the Studios as bad as that park needs help. As @Lee noted, there are better ideas for Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom