SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

Sevier

If you're gonna have an outdoor queue, at least have it right next to an enormous, unthemed side of a warehouse/hog warts castle to give you the full immersive experience. Geez.

Disney Analyst

You would think that if they were going to build a coaster with swinging trains they would have checked clearances through and through. I guess that is another whoops. This link was emailed to me a few minutes ago from @brandglover twitter feed (is that the right name for it? SOcial Media is foreign to me).

BmKSEGxIUAEktkm.jpg:large

BmKSCcKIIAAV8rf.jpg:large

This definitely isn't checking for swinging and if heads have an issue, this lift hill will be without swining. That system on the car is checking for arms, and how far arms can reach... as you can see... people can touch the rock... bad move Disney.

danv3

Seems reasonable? I don't know, seems really like they could open in a few weeks if less. Months away just seems very far off for me.

No, I don't think they were saying it will be a few months until it is open. I think they were saying it won't be open by May 3, but it will be open by the time he comes back in a few months. To me that suggests a late-ish May opening. JMO.

Last edited:

Sevier

This definitely isn't checking for swinging and if heads have an issue, this lift hill will be without swining. That system on the car is checking for arms, and how far arms can reach... as you can see... people can touch the rock... bad move Disney.

You thought the cars would be swinging on the lift hill? Gives your "bad move Disney" tons of credibility.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You thought the cars would be swinging on the lift hill? Gives your "bad move Disney" tons of credibility.
As much as the fact they're just now having to check the arm span diameter of the ride. But keep trying to antagonize; truly is your forte....

Disney Analyst

Umm, I didn't say anything about me thinking they would have the cars swinging on the lift hill, I know they won't. I was commenting to all the people who thought that device was too check for swinging, making sure they knew it was to check for hands... Which as I pointed out, can touch the rock work.

But thanks for coming out and playing.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You would think that if they were going to build a coaster with swinging trains they would have checked clearances through and through. I guess that is another whoops. This link was emailed to me a few minutes ago from @brandglover twitter feed (is that the right name for it? SOcial Media is foreign to me).

BmKSEGxIUAEktkm.jpg:large

BmKSCcKIIAAV8rf.jpg:large

Looks like ride envelope testing. Could be some sort of auditing to ensure the attraction passes the final safety requirements... or could be explicit testing to validate/catch some concerns.

flynnibus

Premium Member
If you're gonna have an outdoor queue, at least have it right next to an enormous, unthemed side of a warehouse/hog warts castle to give you the full immersive experience. Geez.

You mean the overflow queue? Ok, yeah, one area does... when it's used.. but we could say the same thing about Everest having some sides if you goto the ride areas that look like crap too.

Your attempt at a jab is kind of like saying Main Street is a bare industrial area... because sometimes they use the backstreets as overflow exits.

Cesar R M

Will say I did see one car on the track, with some what appeared to be upper management imagineers testing the width of guest reach/swing over between Aerials Grotto/Storybook Circus.
so.. the concern right now seems to be... the possibility of a dumbass trying to touch the rocks/surruondings as the carts move fast around the tracks?
I say dumbass, because I dont think kids will be able to reach that far.

Appears exterior lighting may be fully functional atlastView attachment 52053

**be mindful this is using an iPhone5 using HDR
I'm extremely disappointed you did not bring your $50,000 DSLR with your $20,000 USD lends to take a photo of these lamps!! ;)

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
so.. the concern right now seems to be... the possibility of a dumbass trying to touch the rocks/surruondings as the carts move fast around the tracks?
I say dumbass, because I dont think kids will be able to reach that far.

;)
Dumba$$es come in all shapes, sizes, ages and genders.
Actually, just kidding about that last one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom