AVATAR land construction progress

Beholder

3-4 stories tall? What does that compare too, relative to other Disney attractions? Show buildings, eating areas, shopping?

And I'm referring to the size, is this about what we expected?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
3-4 stories tall? What does that compare too, relative to other Disney attractions? Show buildings, eating areas, shopping?

And I'm referring to the size, is this about what we expected?

A story is generally considered to be 10 feet, so that is 30 to 40 feet. By comparison the Tree of Life is 145 feet tall and Everest is 199'

neoshinok

I hope/expect that's not the peak of the tallest structures. I think the floating mountains will need to be at least 100, probably closer to 200 feet to have any convincing scale.
disney-avatar2_verge_super_wide.jpg

twebber55

Sounds more like show buildings height and getting an idea of where facades and foliage might need to be to block them.

I don't know the obstacles that would be presented, but they could always build down too I suppose.
agree especially where the mods said the balloons were, behind RF cafe..i believe the big rock structure e ticket will be back off to the left (total speculation) not near the front of the park

themonkeyisthesultan

Joe Rohde was in the park this morning giving some presentations to cast. Hopefully we will get some information out of that.
The presentation wasn't really "detail oriented" it was more about the general conception of the land and how it will fit into the expanded "full day park" version of Animal Kingdom.

One thing he did say was that the floating mountains will provide shade for the entire land, so I'd say they'll be substantially taller than 30-40 feet.

Beholder

A story is generally considered to be 10 feet, so that is 30 to 40 feet. By comparison the Tree of Life is 145 feet tall and Everest is 199'

Yeah, this is what I was kind of getting at. I'm hoping this is for the show buildings and not the "floating" mountains or whatever landscape dominating feature they might create. It is more than a little (too me!) exciting that we finally get to see something going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom