If You Go Down To The Parks Today..Your In For A Big Surprise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpcoTim

For the umpteenth time...I'am not saying..repeat..not saying it's all rosy...Yes..It can be better..Phew...:oops:..I'am off to my local for a few beers..

So if it's not all rosy than why can't people talk about their concerns and issues? I hardly doubt you will find even one person on this board who is going to say that a light bulb ruined their entire vacation. But if people notice things that bother them, should they not be allowed to talk about them? The good things get talked about to death. Which they should. There's a lot of work and energy and imagination in those parks. But just ignoring the problems seems pretty counter-intuitive to me.

Nothing in this world is perfect, not even Disney, so why pretend like it is? Why not discuss other issues that aren't perfect? Like someone said above, if no one complains; nothing changes. Look at this thread and the people who have stated that they're taking a break for a few years. They're voicing their opinion and concerns and not once did you ever hear them say that something at Disney ruined their holiday.

Whats the point of even having a discussion if every single voice is the same?

Simba007: "Small World is perfect"

CrzyRbbt404: "Yes it is, I agree"

CarlSpackler: "I liked both your posts because Small World is perfect"

Alice999: "Yay Small World. U R perfect"

The Mom: "Keep it on topic folks......oh, nevermind. Sorry."

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Mine was in a Evening Division U.S. History class at the University of Vermont in 1971. But, she and I are now also history. Took 29 years, but, it happened. If I could I would blame it on higher education. :geek: Those of you that spend time in Chit Chat know who I actually blame it on.:happy:

alle

Our next trip in Jan. will also be our last. We're celebrating the blending of 2 families & it will be a chance for 4 grandkids to experience WDW together. But for us "old ones" Disney has lost it's luster plus the insane pre-planning makes it "not a vacation". The increased cost has finally outweighed the joy received for us. So this last trip will be for the kids who don't know what WDW used to be & won't miss what they never knew. Time to visit elsewhere:(.

ParentsOf4

The increased cost has finally outweighed the joy received for us.
No matter what one thinks of the condition of the parks, the cost has become oppressive to many:
  • Ticket prices are up an average of 25% in 3 years
  • DDP is up 20% in the last 12 months
  • Florida resident children are now charged the price of an adult AP
  • A "Value Resort" motel room at POP is $209/night this Christmas
  • An ordinary room with a Theme Park View at the Grand Floridian for Easter is $1029/night
Meanwhile, I just paid $159 to renew my AP at Universal and had wonderful steak medallions at Mythos during my last visit for $16.99. The damned Chicken Breast alone at DHS's Brown Derby is $30!

Forget the stagnation and quality cuts.

I'm sure overseas guests get some wonderful discounts but for we Americans, WDW prices have simply become insane.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
So if it's not all rosy than why can't people talk about their concerns and issues? I hardly doubt you will find even one person on this board who is going to say that a light bulb ruined their entire vacation. But if people notice things that bother them, should they not be allowed to talk about them? The good things get talked about to death. Which they should. There's a lot of work and energy and imagination in those parks. But just ignoring the problems seems pretty counter-intuitive to me.

Nothing in this world is perfect, not even Disney, so why pretend like it is? Why not discuss other issues that aren't perfect? Like someone said above, if no one complains; nothing changes. Look at this thread and the people who have stated that they're taking a break for a few years. They're voicing their opinion and concerns and not once did you ever hear them say that something at Disney ruined their holiday.

Whats the point of even having a discussion if every single voice is the same?

Simba007: "Small World is perfect"

CrzyRbbt404: "Yes it is, I agree"

CarlSpackler: "I liked both your posts because Small World is perfect"

Alice999: "Yay Small World. U R perfect"

The Mom: "Keep it on topic folks......oh, nevermind. Sorry."
My head hurts...And it's only 8.00am Monday morning...:banghead:....I'll try and sum up why these issues don't bother me as much as they seem to do to certain others...I've never been to WDW in " The good old days "...Therefore I can't compare what was,to what is now. ( does that make sense ) o_O...Nothing in life is all Rosy, but to me, a Disney vacation gets me away from the real world...No stress...No bills...No worries...And I hope my next, and final trip isn't a let down..I'am sure it won't be...;)

DJMoore2011

I've only been once, was the trip perfect? No there were bumps along the way. Like Big Thunder Mountain was down, we tried going on Dumbo's ride but it seemed that we always picked the time they were cleaning up after a kid had vomited. We did not make dinner reservations the first night in Magic Kingdom and instead of having a sit down we had to a quick serve or wait over an hour for table service. Splash Mountain stopped 3 times while we were on it, at one point we sat for about 10 minutes before moving again.

But we didn't let all that get to us, ok so Big Thunder Mountain was down we found another ride-where we sad yeah a little it was one of the rides my Dear Hubby was looking forward to. But on the flip side would rather have a ride down, then still going and someone get hurt. Yes riding the Dumbo ride was on my must do list, yet at the same time I also said I would not wait 30 minutes or longer on a ride there is way too much to see and do to stand in line and wait that long for a ride. Did it suck to sit on Splash and wait yeah a little but we got some really neat pictures of the ride when the lights came on during the last time it stopped and we were on it. When we got off we noticed Cast Members telling people it was closed due to technical difficulties. Yes all thiscould have been a real downer for us. But we didn't let it. The trip was a surprise from my Dear Hubby to a place I never expected to go but Dreamed I one day would.

Our rooms were clean each day-they even made sure my Darling Daughter's stuffed friends were tucked back into the bed just like she had them when she left, only neater. The food was good. The bathrooms we went into were clean. I saw no chipped paint or dust, but then again I wasn't looking for it.

Over all I was amazed at the work done, thrilled to BE at Walt Disney World and was not going to let a few bumps take away from the over all good that was there.

I am a firm believer of voting with my pocket book, and if I had a bad enough experience I will not go back to a place. Yet I also don't expect everything to be perfect every single day. I know people are humane, we make mistakes, wake up in a bad mood or have a bad day at work. And things happen. Yes I do have a level of things I expect when I go to Walt Disney World and so for my expectations have been met and above. And that makes me happy to go back.

draybook

As I was telling people on November 2, a day when it was pouring buckets for a good portion of the day in WDW, "A rainy day in the Magic Kingdom is better than a sunny day most anywhere else."

Jusy playing devil's advocate here, but that's not the joy joy feeling I got when we were huddled up with about 200 other people at the Backlot gift shop with everyone crammed in there waiting for the rain to stop.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I've only been once, was the trip perfect? No there were bumps along the way. Like Big Thunder Mountain was down, we tried going on Dumbo's ride but it seemed that we always picked the time they were cleaning up after a kid had vomited. We did not make dinner reservations the first night in Magic Kingdom and instead of having a sit down we had to a quick serve or wait over an hour for table service. Splash Mountain stopped 3 times while we were on it, at one point we sat for about 10 minutes before moving again.

But we didn't let all that get to us, ok so Big Thunder Mountain was down we found another ride-where we sad yeah a little it was one of the rides my Dear Hubby was looking forward to. But on the flip side would rather have a ride down, then still going and someone get hurt. Yes riding the Dumbo ride was on my must do list, yet at the same time I also said I would not wait 30 minutes or longer on a ride there is way too much to see and do to stand in line and wait that long for a ride. Did it suck to sit on Splash and wait yeah a little but we got some really neat pictures of the ride when the lights came on during the last time it stopped and we were on it. When we got off we noticed Cast Members telling people it was closed due to technical difficulties. Yes all thiscould have been a real downer for us. But we didn't let it. The trip was a surprise from my Dear Hubby to a place I never expected to go but Dreamed I one day would.

Our rooms were clean each day-they even made sure my Darling Daughter's stuffed friends were tucked back into the bed just like she had them when she left, only neater. The food was good. The bathrooms we went into were clean. I saw no chipped paint or dust, but then again I wasn't looking for it.

Over all I was amazed at the work done, thrilled to BE at Walt Disney World and was not going to let a few bumps take away from the over all good that was there.

I am a firm believer of voting with my pocket book, and if I had a bad enough experience I will not go back to a place. Yet I also don't expect everything to be perfect every single day. I know people are humane, we make mistakes, wake up in a bad mood or have a bad day at work. And things happen. Yes I do have a level of things I expect when I go to Walt Disney World and so for my expectations have been met and above. And that makes me happy to go back.
Thank you...That's what I'am talking about..;)..I know a woman in my town who constantly complains about everything, day in, day out. Only last week in my local supermarket, i bumped into her, and asked her how she was.?..:(....She told me her hours were cut back,in one of her many jobs, ( I believe she has 5 jobs ) Then mentioned about the price of electricity going up...The cost of fresh veg has risen 50%...Blah..Blah..Blah..She even moaned about the plastic ( Free ) carrier bags weren't as good as the old ones...:banghead:...

Matt_Black

Jusy playing devil's advocate here, but that's not the joy joy feeling I got when we were huddled up with about 200 other people at the Backlot gift shop with everyone crammed in there waiting for the rain to stop.

Well, that's in DHS, not MK, so I'm still technically correct!

Jeff456

I fly from England every four years and we do notice these things and is does put a bit of a downer as we have paid thousands to go yet are not getting much value for money given the sorry state if the place. Why should I pay a huge premium to visit Disney in crappy condition when I can pay a few hundred and go somewhere equally as enjoyable? I try not to let it ruin things but it means less value for money and ruins the 'magic'. If I want to visit a rundown theme park I'll pay £25 and go to Alton Towers.
This! Particularly late in the season, it would appear no maintaince occurs until it closes over winter..
The fact is that standards are slipping at WDW and although I will still enjoy it, it is important these things are pointed out as if no one noticed or cared would there be any incentive to put it right?
The important thing is the criticism does filter through to the right people at the top otherwise the situation will only get worse.

bebert

Let me being by saying the I am a huge Disney fan and look at trips to WDW as an escape. At times I do have the rose colored glasses on but, I also notice the less than clean bathroooms, dust on some things, rust here and there and the annoying ride shutdown. I dont get too frazzled by it, I just kind of shrug my shoulders and say oh well and continue with my vacation. I try to keep the experience in perspective because while I am waiting in line at an amusement park or throwing away endless amounts of extra food, people all across the world will never experience it or may not even get to eat that day. I realize how lucky I am to be at Epcot eventhough, it may not be as great as it was 10-15 years ago. Just my two cents.

Glasgow

To me, there are two types of people on these boards .. fans and hobbyists. Fans enjoy WDW for what it is, a vacation spot to escape from the throes of reality. Hobbyists are more inquisitorial, they want to know everything about WDW and relish the fine details. It's that thirst for information and constant quest for perfection that tends to skew their view. Neither one is good nor bad - its just a way of looking at things. Its probably ideal to lie somewhere in the middle. Either way, perspective is your friend.

DJMoore2011

Then why huddle up??? Was the rain so bad that you could not walk in it??

It rained a little on my first trip, while others where huddles under things we put on our rain panchos and out we went. Though the rain did not last long, we enjoyed walking around while everyone else was hiding out. Now if it had been thunder and lightening I doubt we would have done that but it was a choice we made, to go out in the rain. Just like the choice you made to huddle with 200 other people at the Backlot gift shop. :)

danpam1024

I think seasoned Disney veterans are just disappointed is all, especially when the "competition" down the road operates in a completely different way. It is heartbreaking to hear but would I let it RUIN my trip- HECK NO! If it REALLY bothered me that much, I would take the time to speak with someone at guest relations. They say one voice represents the thoughts of a thousand people ;) Eventually they will "get it", but those days seem far off for now.

G00fyDad

Then why huddle up??? Was the rain so bad that you could not walk in it??

It rained a little on my first trip, while others where huddles under things we put on our rain panchos and out we went. Though the rain did not last long, we enjoyed walking around while everyone else was hiding out. Now if it had been thunder and lightening I doubt we would have done that but it was a choice we made, to go out in the rain. Just like the choice you made to huddle with 200 other people at the Backlot gift shop. :)

Or don't even put on ponchos. Just walk in the rain. You're on vacation so have some fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom