*CONFIRMED* Cranium Command & Body Wars Current State

Do You Think Cranium Command Was Bulldozed?

• Yes!

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • No!

Votes: 51 70.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jwhee

Original Poster
Current State Of Cranium Command

While walking around the festival center I was approached by a Cast Member (Will not give any details) He/She Asked "Are you looking for the old attractions?" My response was "Yes we are, do you know anything about them" and he/she was asking about what attraction we wondered most about. We told him/her that we want to know about the current state of Cranium Command. He/She then replied "Well, Follow me." In shock I responded to him/her asking if he/she was going to show us Cranium Command?! The amazing Cast Members response was "Of Course". The CM then walks us towards the restrooms, we go to the right behind the brown curtain and we walk into a kitchen. A kitchen! Seriously! At that point I was thinking that they seriously replaced Cranium Command with a Kitchen! The queue ramp that curved upwards was gone, but you can still see on the ceiling where it lead to. Then you look further into the kitchen. On a wall, randomly sitting there, is a sign that says "Next Show 00:00" The sign was still on! We continue walking up of what was the exit to Cranium Command. We see a row of doors. The CM reaches out and opens one of these doors. Do we see a empty room!? NO! Do we see a room used for storage!? NO! Do we see a little guy named Buzzy floating around!? Yes! We walked into the dark theater. Everything still there, even a spot light was on pointing in some random direction. All 4 circular screens were still there. The purple lights were not on, it was a dark theater. I could not see Buzzy's details. They were doing some sort of work to Buzzy. There was a building scaffle set up around him from the floor to the ceiling. All the benches were still intact, the inside of the head was intact. After standing in there for around a minute or so the CM told us she was going to show us of where the queue was. We walk back towards the kitchen make a left and there we see the sign that said "Next Show Time" we keep on walking and see what was the operation booth to start the pre show, it was kind of destroyed. There was a phone on the booth and most of the buttons were gone. we continue walking and then we see the pre-show room. Besides some boxes laying around and a dirty floor. This place looked very good for not being used in 6 years. We then see the entrance to the control room witch looks like it has been slowly taken apart of the years. We thank the very kind CM as he/she walks us back through the kitchen and out the curtain we then say thank you and receive High-Fives! The CM Told us that if you were to walk through the Body Wars queue you would get to where the doors would open and if you walked through the doors you would fall down quite a few feet because the simulators have been removed. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I guess that's cause for celebration, I guess. My question would be, so what? It hasn't been torn down yet, why bother they don't have to cannibalize it for a like attraction (like Body Wars) so why not just leave it behind walls until they need the space, if ever. Still existing is like saying that they found a missing city in the middle of the ocean. That doesn't mean we can now live in it. When, and if, they ever decide to use that pavilion again, it will be re-themed and you can bet that Command will then become dumpster fill. It's not a matter of being negative, it's a matter of being realistic.

Jwhee

Original Poster
I'll confirm as of last month, the Cranium theatre is indeed intact save for lack of upkeep damage. Buzzy has some clothing missing and there is cosmetic ceiling damage / mold.

Bodywars however is completely gone.

When you went it where the lights on? I wonder what they are doing to buzzy with the work equipment up around him.

Also Im confirming as of last night

Skip

Awesome story, thanks for sharing. What a cool CM, hope he doesn't get in any trouble for giving you that crazy opportunity.

I totally get the "it's cheaper to not tear it out" mentality that guarantees the theater's continued stagnation, but I'm honestly shocked Buzzy still sits there... isn't he a fairly complex animatronic? I would've expected them to either A) strip him for parts for other AAs or B) remove him from posterity (give him to the archives or put him on display for the fans like they do with the old Figments).

Disneykidder

What an odd question to even ask you..."are you looking for the old attraction?" Maybe you were just standing there. But still very cool of that CM and probably not something he was supposed to do.

Jwhee

Original Poster
What an odd question to even ask you..."are you looking for the old attraction?" Maybe you were just standing there. But still very cool of that CM and probably not something he was supposed to do.
Yes i found that very odd, my friend and I were in the pavilion earlier talking to other CMS about it, and then the CM that took us into CC said other CMS told her about 2 young men walking around looking for the old attractions. I mean we werent really heard to miss, we had back packs, camera bags etc..

dreamscometrue

Great story...thanks for posting. This pavilion has to be opened as a pavilion again to give Future World much needed attractions. The rumoured Imagination redo is good, and a redo of this pavilion should follow (or better yet, be done at the same time).

Goofyernmost

Awesome story, thanks for sharing. What a cool CM, hope he doesn't get in any trouble for giving you that crazy opportunity.

I totally get the "it's cheaper to not tear it out" mentality that guarantees the theater's continued stagnation, but I'm honestly shocked Buzzy still sits there... isn't he a fairly complex animatronic? I would've expected them to either A) strip him for parts for other AAs or B) remove him from posterity (give him to the archives or put him on display for the fans like they do with the old Figments).
Which may explain the scaffolding and the work being done. I surely don't know, but, I would be more than surprised if it was anything more than that. Sorry, wish I could be more hopefully optimistic, but, in this case, I cannot be.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wow! do you think they were doing some sort of work?
Nope. Light were on for a different reason. Proposals have been and gone for the pavilion but I fear without a major sponsor the main area will just sit and stagnate save for a few hoorahs for paying guests and corporate shenanigans for events that should be held in a conventions center, not a $80 million dollar pavilion.

Jwhee

Original Poster
Nope. Light were on for a different reason. Proposals have been and gone for the pavilion but I fear without a major sponsor the main area will just sit and stagnate save for a few hoorahs for paying guests and corporate shenanigans for events that should be held in a conventions center, not a $80 million dollar pavilion.
May I ask why the lights were on?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom