Ariel's new look!

TP2000

They seem to be more choosy at DL. Maybe they have more applicants

This topic has come up regularly for years, and it's likely due to the vastly larger pool of applicants you would have in Southern California versus Orlando, and the existing pro entertainment industry built-in around Southern California versus Orlando.

But I think what is happening now in 2013 at WDW is that they have opened up so many new Princess Glitter Meet N' Eat N' Buy Sparkle Pavilions across property in the last 18 months that the already limited pool of Orlando area talent is almost dried up. They just have more Princess shifts to fill every day at WDW than they had two years ago.

Up for some overtime this week, girls? Great, cause we've got shifts to fill! :D

The Empress Lilly

Yeah, I thought Ariel was a blushing bride of 18, not a square-jawed woman of 27.
She doesn't look all that great in the pic, does she?
But pictures sometimes can be a bit deceiving. There is more to being a good friend of a princess than mere physical likeness, or even attractiveness.

There is intonation, voice, gestures, movement - these all add to the convincingness of the experience. And all the things we can't see - the quality of the experience depends also on a friend's ability to stay in character when interacting with drooling kids, touchy guests, weirdos, bronies and lifestylers, imbeciles pulling on your hair or dress in hopes of shooting a YouTube 4Chan hit video.

I met a great friend of Rapunzel last year who looked nothing like her. (Not Pascal). But she totally acted the role!
amour2.gif

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Grown adults barking about a Disney World princess dress. I love the internet.

I hope this gets 40 pages.
Meh. At the Apple forum they discuss two new lines of code of obscure apps.
At the architecture forum they discuss the reflection of sunlight on the new aluminium window bays of obscure skyscrapers in Kuala Lumpur.
And at the WDW forum we discuss princess extreme make-overs.

It's what we do, we're fans. Of course its obscure and trivial. Hobbies always are.

Californian Elitist

I can't think of any girls who would appreciate being called "square-jawed". Or that they look too old, for that matter.

It's just a notice of facial features. If someone had a round face, would noticing it be insulting? I would hope not. If someone looks too old to play the part of a young person, I don't understand how mentioning would be insulting. I went in for an audition for a play my friend told me about. I didn't know they were looking for twelve year olds... I was a teenager at the time. They told me I was too old. It's not something to take offense to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom