Ariel's new look!

Californian Elitist

It looks like they recruited someone off the street. There should at least be a slight resemblance.

The truth is, lots of them don't even have a slight resemblance, but their performances as their character are great.

Prince Bert at Disneyland looks nothing like Bert from the movie, but he plays him very well.

Bert-and-Mary-Poppins-at-Disneyland-disney-33815638-500-334.jpg

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
It's just a notice of facial features. If someone had a round face, would noticing it be insulting? I would hope not. If someone looks too old to play the part of a young person, I don't understand how mentioning would be insulting. I went in for an audition for a play my friend told me about. I didn't know they were looking for twelve year olds... I was a teenager at the time. They told me I was too old. It's not something to take offense to.
Maybe I misread the tone. After the disaster on the "Aurora's New Look" thread (don't bother looking for the nasty part, it got deleted), I'm quick to defend the girls from unneeded rudeness.

Sped2424

Don't worry, Disney hasn't suddenly considered Bert to be a prince. "Prince Bert" is a nickname given to that specific actor playing Bert by Disneyland fans, a habit that doesn't seem to exist amongst WDW fans.
now is it fan nicknames or do the actors choose a nickname for themselves? Serious question :oops: I always thought the actors chose a nickname so if you wanted to call them something to differentiate them you could

Tigger1988

Don't worry, Disney hasn't suddenly considered Bert to be a prince. "Prince Bert" is a nickname given to that specific actor playing Bert by Disneyland fans, a habit that doesn't seem to exist amongst WDW fans.
That's disgustingly creepy.

I saw some equally disturbing posts on Tumblr regarding an actor who played Peter Pan at DL. These people practically stalk them.

Californian Elitist

now is it fan nicknames or do the actors choose a nickname for themselves? Serious question :oops: I always thought the actors chose a nickname so if you wanted to call them something to differentiate them you could

The fans give them the names.

I saw some equally disturbing posts on Tumblr regarding an actor who played Peter Pan at DL. These people practically stalk them.

How is creating a nickname for a character at theme park creepy?

Sped2424

yeah I am not sure it should be considered disgustingly creepy. They just use nicknames to refer to their favorite actor/actresses who portray their characters amazingly well. And I am sure the people who get nicknames are more than happy/proud it means they did a bang up job. I wouldn't mind having a fan base lol

Californian Elitist

Creating nicknames for specific actors is creepy. The fact they go enough and interact with the actor enough to give them nicknames is creepy. How is it not creepy?

Just as weird as those "social clubs" DL has, as if they're biker gangs.

I don't see how I can get you to understand the fun in the nicknames because of the different culture between DL fans and WDW fans. Same goes for the social clubs.

Just more proof of the differences between the fan communities between both resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom