Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Heres a blog post echoing many of the things here:

http://futureprobe.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-pixie-dust-detoxification-effect.html

My favorite part:

As I said at the outset, I am not usually this blunt. But the fact of the matter is that anyone who says that MyMagic+ is really going to be a great thing for Disney’s customers fits into one of three categories:

1. Extremely naïve people who view the world through rose-colored glasses and won’t consider the possibility that Disney is just like every other corporation because that would “spoil the magic.”
  2. People who work for Disney and are being paid to lie about how wonderful MyMagic+ is.
  3. Bloggers, podcasters, or website owners who don’t dare to say anything negative about any of Disney’s ventures lest they upset their friends in Disney’s social media arm who provide them with freebies and access to make them feel special, or aspiring bloggers, podcasters, or website owners who are trying to get in good with Disney’s social media arm to obtain the aforementioned freebies and access.
The first category of person is just clueless, maybe even mentally ill, and I don’t dislike those folks but I do feel sorry for them. But the other two groups of people will deliberately steer you wrong just to satisfy their own selfish agenda, an agenda that may be as trivial as hoping Disney will notice them and treat them like a “preferred” blogger. And I have nothing but contempt for those people.

Love it!

WDW1974

Original Poster
Uuhgghhh... Enough with all these lame, way out there scenarios with the new tech! All this speculation is retarded! I don't care for all this hearsay, I want to know actual facts, not bull$&it made up stories that have no relevance!!!

In Real Disney news, Spirit, have you heard any more on those sight line balloons at AK in the water near Everest? Does this have anything to dowith the long rumored AK nighttime show?

Also, those new Hogwarts trains look pretty cool but very small windows! They look more like DCL magical portholes than anything! I know I stated that on here somewhere before and I got flamed for even suggesting such a thing! Looks like its more of a reality than all those others thought...

Now, Steve, it is very politically incorrect to call anything retarded unless you are from Boston and precede it with wicked (you can also use the f-bomb here too!)

And, yes, there has been testing near the ToL for DAK's hopefully coming soon (like 2017) night show.

WDW1974

Original Poster
It's funny how a picture of a Uni train car backstage is more than WDW has offered up in 10 years.

You just hate WDW ....why don't you stay home and there will be shorter lines for the rest of us Disney lovers.?!?!

(that just never gets old, does it?)

and in the last 10 years, we have gotten such headliner attractions as Disco Yeti's Himalayan Shuffle ... The Video Game That Runs Out of Fastpasses By Noon Daily ...and Soarin Over a Dirty Dusty California ...and The Hey Fremantle Gave Us Lots of Moolah To Pimp Their Waning Karaoke Contest Live. And seriously, dude, is wrong with you? You only forgot the BIGGEST EXPANSION IN MAGIC KINGDOM history!!!!

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'm not stirring anything up.

I'm simply saying that Disney isnt being forthcoming with what the hell theyre doing. And that all I'm expecting. When one of the contractors theyre using primarily does work for the Intelligence Community, that opens up a large number of questions, the first being "What the hell are you doing?"

And actually, yes they do Publicize their corporate partners or did you miss all of the Pavilion & Ride Sponsorship for the past 50 years.

Disney has a public trust with this society and god help their stock price if they violate that trust.

It's that last sentence, Dave. That's what this is all about. Disney is trading on that public trust or, perhaps, preying ...or maybe just betting.

Here is the thing though, they are violating that trust through this campaign of misinformation and obfuscation. But that's enough for one night.

Tom Morrow

Mostly a good article, however, IF in the end, with MM+/FP+, we are all limited to three FP per day, and restrictions and regulations are placed to cut back on GAC abuse and rider switch abuse with the new technology, and FP+ being available for essentially every attraction, in the end this can only mean a significantly reduced number of people entering the Fastpass queues at any given time, meaning the standby lines will be shorter and less artificially inflated than they currently are.

At least, that's what I assume.

TalkingHead

You just hate WDW ....why don't you stay home and there will be shorter lines for the rest of us Disney lovers.?!?!

(that just never gets old, does it?)

and in the last 10 years, we have gotten such headliner attractions as Disco Yeti's Himalayan Shuffle ... The Video Game That Runs Out of Fastpasses By Noon Daily ...and Soarin Over a Dirty Dusty California ...and The Hey Fremantle Gave Us Lots of Moolah To Pimp Their Waning Karaoke Contest Live. And seriously, dude, is wrong with you? You only forgot the BIGGEST EXPANSION IN MAGIC KINGDOM history!!!!

Surely you're not forgetting the 2-year building project that brought us the E-ticket Tangled Restrooms. Taking a dump has never been so fun. Universal doesn't stand a chance.

Captain Neo

If we had discussions on absolutes, then there would be very little to discuss. Of course, that COULD be a good thing since we wouldn't be spending as much time here. But that COULD also be a bad thing for @wdwmagic since the site needs clicks to be viable. But we all likely COULD be doing more productive things with our time. Or I COULD be booking another Disney Cruise.

Coulds are possibilities, and they are limitless. I'll keep using them where they belong. If folks don't like it, they COULD read something else.

Oh, and the best businesses are run by people who think about what COULD be and not simply what is, like Walt Disney or Steve Jobs or Thomas Edison etc.

LMAO this thug makes everyone in the current Walt Disney company look like an angel. He stole ideas from Nikola Tesla and then discredited him among other heinous deeds. He is the true spirit of american greed.

JT3000

Also, those new Hogwarts trains look pretty cool but very small windows! They look more like DCL magical portholes than anything! I know I stated that on here somewhere before and I got flamed for even suggesting such a thing! Looks like its more of a reality than all those others thought...

I have no idea what a magical porthole is, but you won't be looking through any actual windows while riding the HE. It uses a new visual technology to simulate the outside on screens.

Those train cars look great for sure. Until the ride is actually functioning though, we can't be sure the view wont be of a "back stage" area.

Seriously?

Longhairbear

C'mon... there are plenty of legitimate criticisms without resorting to hyperbole. Behind the Iron Curtain, it wasn't "you can't take an airplane without a checkpoint", it was "you cannot travel without papers". Last I checked, you could drive from Maine to California and only stop at toll booths (and maybe not even that if you do it right). And what is the criticism of "See something, say something"? Should it be "See something, keep it to yourself"? Notice I didn't say anything about stop-and-frisk; that's just horrible. But until you go to the store and there's only vinegar on the shelves (like actually happened to my friend who grew up in communist Poland), let's not pretend that we're currently living in the new Soviet Union.
Actually I quite recently heard of checkpoints at Arizona's state boarder, something I was aghast to hear about. I didn't look into it myself, but the person talking about it was moving from AZ to CA.

alissafalco

LMAO this thug makes everyone in the current Walt Disney company look like an angel. He stole ideas from Nikola Tesla and then discredited him among other heinous deeds. He is the true spirit of american greed.

I saw that special on the history channel also! He's a total creep!

Last edited:

stevehousse

I have no idea what a magical porthole is, but you won't be looking through any actual windows while riding the HE. It uses a new visual technology to simulate the outside on screens.

Seriously?

The windows in th trains will be similar to this kind of tech only a little more advanced is what is being toted...

nytimez

Actually I quite recently heard of checkpoints at Arizona's state boarder, something I was aghast to hear about. I didn't look into it myself, but the person talking about it was moving from AZ to CA.

Indeed. I've had to go through "border" checkpoints miles and miles from the border in both Texas and Arizona, on highways that do not go across any borders (other than state borders).

And let's not forget Willie Nelson's last pot bust... it was at a "border" checkpoint roughly 100 miles from the border.

flynnibus

Premium Member
No one is trying to twist anything

Baiting, inference, and setting people up to make a connection.. without drawing the complete line are all manipulative methods used to lead people to conclusions while trying to argue plausible deniability. The same sensationalist tactics used by TV pundits everywhere.

I have no problem at all with questions and curiosity - but the crowd here has been worked up to a frenzy and its irresponsible to fuel rampant speculation without balance.

Some of us are curious and see things that make us wonder what is really at play here. Companies are not forthcoming about anything today unless they are forced. Our government has pretty much given them free reign to act as they please, damn the consumer.

I'm of the camp that I think it should be the customers that demand companies to provide that kind of transparency -- not the government. This isn't a monopoly forced upon us, or a business relationship we can not avoid. If Disney wants to be coy or lack transparency when legitimate customer concerns are brought to them... then it's Disney that stands to lose. I believe in educated, freely mobile customers -- not over regulation. If customers are legitimately concerned, and Disney decides to ignore their customers, then Disney is the one that should lose. That isn't to say I look negative upon all regulation - just that I believe customers should speak with their wallets far more than their whines.

I don't subscribe to the theory that the Disney parks are 'our parks' to defend and demand access to. (the same argument that comes up every year when the price increases roll out... speaking of which... sept is coming up.. wonder if sept/oct brings another price bump). If the TWDC wants to ruin a product I truly enjoy, I will be disappointed that something I used to enjoy is no longer available... but I'm not going to act like someone stole something that was mine... or that MY opinion should have been the first to drive the company.

So while I also don't like tales of premature , I also don,t like tales of forced sodomy that could have been prevented if folks just asked some questions and demanded answers.

And that I don't disagree with. If customers have specific concerns that the company would not address... I'd fully support customers advocating and organizing customers to act in unison to either increase the pressure on the company to address the concerns or to encourage others to avoid the company. What I do disagree with is sensationalism or misleading people... even innocently.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Yeah, the Border Control has fixed and mobile checkpoints in the border areas.. even an hour+ from the border.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I won't say Disney is hiding anything here. If you seek the information, much of it is readily available. And when this goes live, much of it will be out front and on display.

That doesn't mean that Disney is being open and honest, though.

There certainly is a huge gap between volunteering info... and having it dragged out of you :) But I don't believe because someone isn't volunteering stuff, they automatically must be up to Dr Evil ideas.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm not stirring anything up.

I'm simply saying that Disney isnt being forthcoming with what the hell theyre doing. And that all I'm expecting. When one of the contractors theyre using primarily does work for the Intelligence Community, that opens up a large number of questions, the first being "What the hell are you doing?"

If you think so... me, I'm a realistic that understands that just because someone makes something for the government or that is of interest of the government... that doesn't make everything you do 'for the governments needs'. Government funding and research (even military) drives so much of what our society thrives upon. I doubt anyone believes American Airlines is concluding with the government to harm us because they bought Boeing airlines.. and you know that evil Boeing??? They are one of the government's largest makers of WAR MACHINES! The audacity!!

And actually, yes they do Publicize their corporate partners or did you miss all of the Pavilion & Ride Sponsorship for the past 50 years.

Not unless they pay out the nose for it... Disney SELLS that privilege. Sponsorship != vendor/partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom