Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike C

Not meaning to change the subject from such spirited conversation, but I couldn't think of a better place to put this pic. Sorry its such a bad shot, but security was thick.View attachment 29860

Even at a distance that thing looks spot on like Hogwarts express cars, they are going to home run the expansion if that's any indicator.

It also looks like they started work on the Jurassic Park expansion today too.

Last edited:

stevehousse

Even at a distance that thing looks spot on like Hogwarts express cars, they are going to home run the expansion if that's any indicator.

Agree it looks awesome! Haven't been to Uni since before Hogwarts opened up and I am impatiently waiting for my oldest to be tall enough to ride all the potter rides in both parks! He about to turn 5 and loves all things Harry potter! Can't wait to experience all of it once its finished!

asianway

Agree it looks awesome! Haven't been to Uni since before Hogwarts opened up and I am impatiently waiting for my oldest to be tall enough to ride all the potter rides in both parks! He about to turn 5 and loves all things Harry potter! Can't wait to experience all of it once its finished!
Is that pic gonna be as iconic as the one of the 20k subs en route to WDW one day?

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Uuhgghhh... Enough with all these lame, way out there scenarios with the new tech! All this speculation is retarded! I don't care for all this hearsay, I want to know actual facts, not bull$&it made up stories that have no relevance!!!

In Real Disney news, Spirit, have you heard any more on those sight line balloons at AK in the water near Everest? Does this have anything to dowith the long rumored AK nighttime show?

Also, those new Hogwarts trains look pretty cool but very small windows! They look more like DCL magical portholes than anything! I know I stated that on here somewhere before and I got flamed for even suggesting such a thing! Looks like its more of a reality than all those others thought...

Wait.... You speculated on something that "could" be and some one said it was "way out" there? It turned out you were right and it wasn't retarded?

I agree, showing back stage IoA from a "train" to another part of the "Wizarding World" without show elements restricting the actual view would cause the effect of being inside this "world" to be lost. Those train cars look great for sure. Until the ride is actually functioning though, we can't be sure the view wont be of a "back stage" area.

I am just busting your chops. Most of the reporting in this area confirms you magical portal thoughts. I personally can't wait to go and try it all out. Maybe on my first of the year trip if phase 2 is done.

*1023*

MattM

Be very careful.... That falls in the realm of how they Could use it. But I find that an interesting narrative.

*1023*
I get what you're saying, but here, how things could potentially be, are often taken as fact as how things are going to be or are already. Especially when there are no real facts to back that position (despite what certain posters would really, really want you to believe.)

stevehousse

One thing I did notice on another forum of Harry potter train pics was construction of a tunnel? Which I thought was odd...I have heard that the ride will either be windows like DCL portholes or more similar to the kong frontation screens portion of the backlot tours. After seeing tht photo I think it would be immensely hard to get a good "360" view if screens were outside the trains as those train look pretty enclosed? I am curious to see what comes of this but I am leaning more toward the porthole version??? Anyone else know more?

Also my son just informed me today (I'm positive his mom gave him the idea) that we have to stop at City Walk to get him a Harry potter wand on our trip down to Disney! He also has Harry potter fake glasses that he wears constantly...wish he was taller so he could experience all of it! :(

PhotoDave219

One thing I did notice on another forum of Harry potter train pics was construction of a tunnel? Which I thought was odd...I have heard that the ride will either be windows like DCL portholes or more similar to the kong frontation screens portion of the backlot tours. After seeing tht photo I think it would be immensely hard to get a good "360" view if screens were outside the trains as those train look pretty enclosed? I am curious to see what comes of this but I am leaning more toward the porthole version??? Anyone else know more?

Also my son just informed me today (I'm positive his mom gave him the idea) that we have to stop at City Walk to get him a Harry potter wand on our trip down to Disney! He also has Harry potter fake glasses that he wears constantly...wish he was taller so he could experience all of it! :(

Thats not a tunnel. Thats a train station from what Ive seen.

lazyboy97o

I believe the tunnel is to block views of backstage from the station platform.

WDW1974

Original Poster
No, that makes the inference even more absurd. If Disney doesn't publicize vendors for trivial things.. you think they would publicize a vendor in some sensitive area? The point is Disney doesn't publicize it's partners, contractors, or subs at all... so the fact they haven't here is no sign of hiding anything. It's business as usual.

To stir things up like they are HIDING this as Dave did.. is just stroking.

I won't say Disney is hiding anything here. If you seek the information, much of it is readily available. And when this goes live, much of it will be out front and on display.

That doesn't mean that Disney is being open and honest, though.

And, as amazingly naive as it is, many people in 2013 still want to believe whatever a corporation (or government) tells them.

But your point is quite accurate.

PhotoDave219

WDWMagic is turning into a lunatic fringe and @WDW1974 is leading the way.

Heck, you may be right, Spirit, but I think you're going a little overboard here. Just because there's a connection between two things doesn't mean there's a mass conspiracy. But there could be, I guess.

No one has said anything about a mass conspiracy.

Suggesting that Disney is working on the NGE project and involving with a company with ties to the Intelligence Community seems to be a fact, not a conspiracy.

Suggesting that Disney is going to track every aspect of the guest experience with the magic band, based on documents obtained, seems to be a fact, not a conspiracy.

Suggesting that Disney's current round of Magic Band testing is an absolute nightmare, based on multiple people testing it, seems to be a fact, not a conspiracy.

Suggesting that Disney will end up paying more than the current $2.5B price tag seems to be a fact, not a conspiracy.

All I want is Disney to be ridiculously open and specifically clear with what the hell theyre doing.

None of it is lunacy, its fact.

the.dreamfinder

Not to divert the conversation, but Spirit, you never had a chance to share your thoughts on the new Mickey shorts.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

No, that makes the inference even more absurd. If Disney doesn't publicize vendors for trivial things.. you think they would publicize a vendor in some sensitive area? The point is Disney doesn't publicize it's partners, contractors, or subs at all... so the fact they haven't here is no sign of hiding anything. It's business as usual.

To stir things up like they are HIDING this as Dave did.. is just stroking.

I'm not stirring anything up.

I'm simply saying that Disney isnt being forthcoming with what the hell theyre doing. And that all I'm expecting. When one of the contractors theyre using primarily does work for the Intelligence Community, that opens up a large number of questions, the first being "What the hell are you doing?"

And actually, yes they do Publicize their corporate partners or did you miss all of the Pavilion & Ride Sponsorship for the past 50 years.

Disney has a public trust with this society and god help their stock price if they violate that trust.

WDW1974

Original Poster
The consumer has the final say, no matter what a business does.

Not really true. Look at consolidation in the airline industry.Are consumers better off with three or four dominant carriers that control 85% of the market? Are things better now that Wal-Mart and Federated are virtual monopolies?

How about those grocery loyalty cards? Sure, you can 'opt out' ...but you'll pay twice as much as a penalty. Go down the road? WAit, they have one too. And along with that coupon for diapers you might be one of the unlucky ones on the receiving end of a court order to judge you on those purchases you made with said loyalty card.

At the end of the day, consumers have much less power than we give them credit for.

Oh, and as a Spirit who has to use sunblock on parts of his head to prevent burning, I'm going to declare this thread a no hat zone. You can disagree all you want, but let's keep the hat jokes out (not directed at you, Dug, just tired of seeing it from those who can't discuss).

PhotoDave219

Following on that, Disney is a Public Company and answers to its Shareholders. Does the Board of Directors know that they are partnering with a company that does work primarily for the Intelligence Community? Do they have any idea exactly how bad this looks?

WDW1974

Original Poster
As a shot in the general direction of COULD....

Without COULD:

There would be no WDW, DLR, TWDC, the internet, writing, communication of any kind.

Without COULD, we may not be or have been.

I am glad when Walt sat on a park bench watching he thought, I could build a park where all the members of the family would enjoy themselves together.

*1023*

I think could is my new favorite word.... but I'll be more careful using it here....

If we had discussions on absolutes, then there would be very little to discuss. Of course, that COULD be a good thing since we wouldn't be spending as much time here. But that COULD also be a bad thing for @wdwmagic since the site needs clicks to be viable. But we all likely COULD be doing more productive things with our time. Or I COULD be booking another Disney Cruise.

Coulds are possibilities, and they are limitless. I'll keep using them where they belong. If folks don't like it, they COULD read something else.

Oh, and the best businesses are run by people who think about what COULD be and not simply what is, like Walt Disney or Steve Jobs or Thomas Edison etc.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
WDWMagic is turning into a lunatic fringe and @WDW1974 is leading the way.

Heck, you may be right, Spirit, but I think you're going a little overboard here. Just because there's a connection between two things doesn't mean there's a mass conspiracy. But there could be, I guess.

No, not at all.

Where have I used the term 'mass conspiracy' or just 'conspiracy,? The answer is I haven't.

And, please note that all documentation I have quoted comes directly from TWDC. It isn't mine and I am not tech-savvy enough to begin to make it up. It's far too real and creepy. That's all I am saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom