Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

djlaosc

In all the years of Universal I never had seen the Horror Make-Up Show until this January. Just like you said, it's terrific. Truly one of the most entertaining theme park shows that I've ever seen. I was absolutely impressed by the actors and I guess you'd say their energy. They were just really into their roles and it was quite entertaining. This coming from someone who typically bemoans stage shows at parks.

We plan to try Horror Make-Up Show, Beetlejuice, Animal Actors on Location, Sinbad and Poseidon's Fury for the first time next year.

DisneyFan 2000

Along with the striking visuals, the Hulk coaster has that distinct roar that you can hear from across the park. I don't think it's intentional, but it's a fantastic element. I can "hear" it whenever I see a photo of it.
It is, actually. From my gathering the track is hollow, making the "roar" effect you speak of.

PREMiERdrum

It is, actually. From my gathering the track is hollow, making the "roar" effect you speak of.

Close... The supports on most coasters from B&M are hollow, and the "roar" comes from the energy of a passing train radiating down the supports. Some parks have had their supports filled with sand to reduce the noise.

Last edited:

DisneyFan 2000

Close... The supports on most coasters from B&M are hollowing, and the "roar" comes from the energy of a passing train radiating down the supports. Some parks have had their supports filled with sand to reduce the noise.
Oh OK, my bad. I have to admit it creates a cool sound and definitely adds to the atmosphere.

BryceM

I would argue that Port of Entry, Lost Continent and Super Hero Island were all done at original DCA level of theming. Corners were cut in areas that could be truly spectacular.
Oh...

I could see the argument for Marvel, but not Lost Continent and Port of Entry... I think those are the two of some of the best themed lands out there.

5d72f6f51b0dc5b01511972dbce53985_zpscf864463.jpg

Port of Entry

>

Sunshine Plaza
c7f289d8fb37ca39c99f760ba792f8dd_zps7675bd72.jpg

Last edited:

Soarin' Over Pgh

Really, to avoid the appearance of cutting corners you have to pick an appropriate theme. That is why my "Cardboard Box Kingdom" entry has made it to the finals of the Disney 5th gate contest.

George! Where you been? Good to see you again.

I really don't have much to add to the convo of green coaster vs. theme, a variety of coasters from parks and where they should go but aren't, how bumpy BTMRR is (this is nothing compared to any ride at my local park, Kennywood. good god man. Ive learned to take aspirin to the park with me) and etc etc etc whatever.

The only thing that really caught my attention in the last 20 pages were the talk of LOTR. Seriously, that'd be amazing to see. I hope Universal does it. I don't care where they put it. Just. Do. It.

Now, please.

lebeau

Really, to avoid the appearance of cutting corners you have to pick an appropriate theme. That is why my "Cardboard Box Kingdom" entry has made it to the finals of the Disney 5th gate contest.

The backstory will be amazing. Totally justifying a park filled with nothing but cardboard boxes. Because you see, it was meant to look cheap and tacky. They actually spent $200 million dollars on those boxes. Imagineers lived as cardboard boxes for six months as research. Not IN cardboard boxes. AS cardboard boxes. They were stuffed with packing peanuts and Fed Exed all over the world.

Disneybear

Agreed above about the awful Primeval Whirl. Such a disgusting sight that is. The entire carnival in fact. But even then there's a logical story they were going with for the area, so someone COULD make an argument for the way it looks. I couldn't care less about that, the entire area looks horrible and ruins that side of the park.

Others already posted shots of Hulk from those angles in this thread. I think the point was to show people that there are some angles of Hulk that make the ride look tacky and Six Flags like. Particularly the entrance signage.

Yes there is a reason it looks like it does, they cut the budget for the park, forget any lame backstory.

The Mom

Premium Member
I can't believe all the bickering back and forth about what, in the end, is a matter of personal taste. Be it food, movies, rides, etc.

I like cats. You might hate them. You can list 100 logical reasons, supported by facts and studies by experts, as to why you hate them, and why I should also, but it won't change my mind. And nothing I say will change yours.

Throwing more information into the argument isn't going to change anyone's mind.

Again, all of that would be perfectly acceptable in Chit Chat, but this is the News and Rumors section, so unless it is presenting news/rumors, and a discussion of same, it shouldn't be posted. Please try to think about whether or not your comment will lead to more thread drift. Thank you.

SirLink

I can't believe all the bickering back and forth about what, in the end, is a matter of personal taste. Be it food, movies, rides, etc.

I like cats. You might hate them. You can list 100 logical reasons, supported by facts and studies by experts, as to why you hate them, and why I should also, but it won't change my mind. And nothing I say will change yours.

Throwing more information into the argument isn't going to change anyone's mind.

Again, all of that would be perfectly acceptable in Chit Chat, but this is the News and Rumors section, so unless it is presenting news/rumors, and a discussion of same, it shouldn't be posted. Please try to think about whether or not your comment will lead to more thread drift. Thank you.

Wait I thought this was "News, Rumors and Current Events" board? So the Current Event going on is whether roller coasters should be exposed or not exposed ...

Also with Food there is personal taste in cuisines ... but bad food is bad and good food is good.

IHeartArt

That's what discussion is, though. People talking about their opinions and other people describing their opinions. It doesn't matter if it changes anyone's minds so much as it does inform them. You said that it was acceptable to discuss things related to Universal and WDW in this thread. So far, I've seen the "bickering back and forth" being about Universal's counter service, the Hulk, and a frankly illuminating discussion on what flaws Universal's parks have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom