Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocMcHulk

An Entertainment Weekly reporter asked Feige if it was some sort of new SHIELD logo

jiFfM.jpg

RSoxNo1

Just gonna mention...

I haven't seen anyone compliment Marvel's Kevin Feige's choice of headwear at Comic-Con this weekend...
View attachment 29075
I have that hat, as well as a Horizons and Imagination version. Unfortunately, they "one size fits all" doesn't really fit my oversized dome. They're shorter than normal (when compared to a fitted to size baseball hat). It's unfortunate because it's really cool.

MattM

If Iger ever does that, the public reaction would be incredible. He could kiss any ambitions regarding public service goodbye. No way he'd get anywhere trying to run for office. All the Loyal Opposition would have to do is point to him and say "There's the guy who sold Disneyland to China (or Saudi Arabia or whatever)." You can't paint someone blacker than that. It'd be like the old Biblical thirty-pieces-of-silver story. He'd look like the most evil money-grubbing capitalist pig overlord ever. Which, in my opinion, he pretty much is...but no amount of PR would save him after that. Heck, if he did that, I'd become part of the "Occupy" movement. "Occupy Disneyland!" Has a nice ring to it...

Yep, can't you see the ads? "Bob Iger sells Main Street USA to the Chinese..."

NoChesterHester

So I wrote something over on MiceAge that was put up this weekend. @KevinYee touched upon the topic last week, but it's basically about the change in philosophy in Disney about building new attractions vs. getting more money out of each guest:
http://micechat.com/36201-throwing-in-the-towel/

I think you need to do a part 2 to that article. There is more story to tell.

I really do appreciate you taking them to task BTW. I want more.

PhotoDave219

I wonder what the traffic breakdown is for people who hate the site vs enjoy it vs trolling for content for their lifestyle blogs.

Its someone who is a giant fan/friend of DotPluto/Kirk (a CM) and apparently he doesn't understand that people are allowed to have opinions.

stevehousse

Actually it looked pretty awesome I'm sure it'll do about $100m - 150 in foreign markets.

The studio will be lucky if it even hits that for total box office once its done. It flopped harder than Lone Ranger at my movie theatre. The biggest audience we saw for it all weekend at one time was a max of only 20 people!!!!!! Embarrassing...

truecoat

The studio will be lucky if it even hits that for total box office once its done. It flopped harder than Lone Ranger at my movie theatre. The biggest audience we saw for it all weekend at one time was a max of only 20 people!!!!!! Embarrassing...

You can count part of the problem as advertising. Make no mistake, it looks like a half assed attempt at copying MIB, but I didn't see a trailer for this movie until mid/late June and don't remember hearing of it before then. Most Summer movies have trailers in heavy rotation by April. Maybe it's just my area but I had seen 8 movies from May 1st until late June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom