6/25/13 - The Day Spectro Died... Sorry guys..

AintNoOtherMan

RIP Spectro. It was my first WDW parade and I'll always remember it.

I do, however, feel as if I'm in the minority that I never wanted it to make a return to MK. I loved it and it was a fantastic show, but I would rather see a new parade than reintroducing an old one... again.

prfctlyximprct

Just watched the video of the parade on Youtube.. didn't really get all that sentimental about it. I must have seen this the first time I went to Disney, I remember watching a light parade of some sort. The music was definitley better, if I can say so myself.

TTA94

I am very curious what the new nighttime parade will be like for DL and HKDL. Many daytime parades have been created over the years but not light parades... I hope one of them is a Spectro remake, Even though it wont be at WDW :(

rodserling27

Can't say this news surprises me even in the least bit. This is what I've come to expect from this company. No reverence for something as neat as SpectroMagic. I was definitely expecting them to sell off lightbulbs or something to that effect. I suppose Spectro's never really had the rabid following that Main Street Electrical Parade has, both at DL and WDW. (On a side note, I can't really stand all the hate for MSEP.)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If all that is true and I have no reason to not believe you it is pretty obvious that they never intended to ever have it see the light of day (or night, in this case) again. I think that the phrase for that is "planned obsolescence".
The parade was originally due to be back last March/April.

Kman101

I agree. Did they REALLY have plans to bring it back? I sincerely doubt it. I remember feeling like they weren't ever going to bring it back. It was just a gut feeling back when it was switched out. I trust Martin for sure but I don't trust Disney. I can see them letting it rot for years, going in to refurb it and then discovering how stupid they were for letting them to rot and then 'whoops'. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom