Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer Magic

englanddg

One Little Spark...
And as a big baseball guy I can tell you that if you only go for home runs, you usually strike out a lot

Yeah, but I doubt Disney thinks every project is a blockbuster. The issue they have is that they THINK something is a blockbuster (ahem...John Carter, a rather decent film with a boring title and terrible marketing) when it's not. THAT is a sign of poor studio management.

Every studio puts out lower budget fluff films, and should, to supplement income.

Kuhio

I tried watching it, but I had the same problem as I have with superman. He put his hood on and became slightly more frowny and all of a sudden his best friends couldn't tell it was Oliver! It annoyed me so much, I had gave up after the Christmas break.

If you think that's bad... what about Mrs. Doubtfire? His own wife doesn't recognize the guy she's been living with and waking up next to for years... yet everyone in the audience is thinking, "Dude looks just like Robin Williams in a dress!"
paranoid.gif
laugh2.gif

lazyboy97o

Yeah, but I doubt Disney thinks every project is a blockbuster. The issue they have is that they THINK something is a blockbuster (ahem...John Carter, a rather decent film with a boring title and terrible marketing) when it's not. THAT is a sign of poor studio management.

Every studio puts out lower budget fluff films, and should, to supplement income.
No, Iger's strategy is pretty much only blockbusters, aka tent poles. Disney has been systematically removing the fluff films from their release schedule.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirit.....am I a fool for using two DP credits on Narc's? It's my bday and I want surf and turf!

It's a slow news night and I would love to get a spirited review of my bday dinner choice!

It was a typical MAGICal summer night with all the typical hijinks one Spirit might expect.

I don't think you're a fool for using your credits at Narcoosee's. I have had nothing but great experiences there. Last time there I got the turf and skipped the surf, but a family member had it and loved it.

MerlinTheGoat

It was a typical MAGICal summer night with all the typical hijinks one Spirit might expect.

I don't think you're a fool for using your credits at Narcoosee's. I have had nothing but great experiences there. Last time there I got the turf and skipped the surf, but a family member had it and loved it.
Does Narcoosee's still serve alligator pate? I haven't eaten there since the early 90's (and became a vegetarian around 2005 so am unlikely to eat that again anytime soon), but I remember having that. Was just curious. Remember Narcoosee's being a nice place to eat, i'm glad to hear from you that it's still good nowadays.

flynnibus

Premium Member

A major shift in Disney's studio has been to load up on the tentpole at the sacrafice of everything else. They've gone to 'a few big movies' a year and reduced their studio output. This is the 'feast or famine' model. It's in stark contrast to the Eisner/Katz model of 'doubles and singles' of the 80s/90s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom