Miceage Update: New Soarin film by 2015, DHS refurb on the way.

DManRightHere

I would actually be surprised. It's such a minimal investment since it's just putting on a new movie, some infrastructure updates, and new ride programming (already programmed for DL). Plus they could then market it as "newly updated." Disney does seem to love adding the same attraction to DLR and WDW at the same time to save money.

I dont think I would call a new film, projector, and screen minimal. (If they actually update it i stead of just a new film)I wonder if they will go ahead and make it 3D.

A new film would be awesome, but I sure do not see this on the top of their to do list with everyday wait times 60-100+ minutes (disney world anyways).

All for hollywood studios overhaul. (Star wars!!! star wars!!!)

ctxak98

I dont think I would call a new film, projector, and screen minimal. (If they actually update it i stead of just a new film)I wonder if they will go ahead and make it 3D.

A new film would be awesome, but I sure do not see this on the top of their to do list with everyday wait times 60-100+ minutes (disney world anyways).

All for hollywood studios overhaul. (Star wars!!! star wars!!!)
totally agree. DHS needs Star Wars....badly. More then Pixar IMHO!

PrincessNelly_NJ

I don't know if this would have anything to do with Soarin movies or not, but aren't there a lot more repeat visitors to DLR then WDW? Most folks who go to WDW have never seen the Soarin movie so it's not in as bad of a need for an update?

That video looks terrible and worn out even if its your fist time seeing it. I looks like a VHS tape, I wouldnt even mind if it was the same video just clean it up.

Orlando is getting a giant wheel (think Eye of London) on I-Drive. I don't see why they can't do one at Disney. Disney has a few attractions that have some elevation. Blizzard Beach, Tower of Terror, Rapunzel's Tower. I think they can make something that could withstand a low level hurricane.

Sue_Vongello

Something is brewing for DHS. I know of 3 proposals and variations thereof. Nothing is pinned down yet from what I can find out. But it will be more than a lick of paint.

Soarin.... how longs this been proposed? WDSP was getting it a decade ago.... The only thing that may stop Epcot getting a new DCA version would be differences in projection room standards. Can't see how that would matter though. Of course, they could always upgrade Orlandos to Anaheim's quality.

If I may ask ... a couple of questions;

1. Are the proposals you know about an amalgam of things we have already discussed on these boards at various times or something totally off the radar? (meaning Carsland, Monster Inc, Indy Ride, SW expansion, etc ...)

2. Are these proposals a combination of things or a, sort of, either or scenario? (meaning is it lets do this plan which is Carsland and Star Wars plus some exterior upgrades or some variation of that ... OR ... is it plan 1 is star wars, plan 2 is carsland, etc ... etc ...)

WDWDad13

If I may ask ... a couple of questions;

1. Are the proposals you know about an amalgam of things we have already discussed on these boards at various times or something totally off the radar? (meaning Carsland, Monster Inc, Indy Ride, SW expansion, etc ...)

2. Are these proposals a combination of things or a, sort of, either or scenario? (meaning is it lets do this plan which is Carsland and Star Wars plus some exterior upgrades or some variation of that ... OR ... is it plan 1 is star wars, plan 2 is carsland, etc ... etc ...)
The answer is yes :)

Figments Friend

Could you imagine a ferris wheel at DHS? The cool thing would be that you might be able to see all of the other parks from way up high...the other thing is that it would be a ferris wheel in florida and there isnt much to look at.
There was actually concept art done back in 2000 or so proposing not one, but TWO ferris wheels inside DHS.
They were one of several concepts played around with during the design development for the Sorcerer*s Hat icon.

WDI was trying to come up with something interesting to add to the Hat icon they were developing for 2001s
*100 Years of Magic* promotion.

The design had two ferris wheels for the *ears* of the hat.
I have a clipping of the concept art if anyone is interested, though i am sure it is *out there* already in cyberspace.

Thankfully...it did not happen.
We just ended up stuck with a huge hat....blocking a already present beautiful icon....

englanddg

One Little Spark...
There was actually concept art done back in 2000 or so proposing not one, but TWO ferris wheels inside DHS.
They were one of several concepts played around with during the design development for the Sorcerer*s Hat icon.

WDI was trying to come up with something interesting to add to the Hat icon they were developing for 2001s
*100 Years of Magic* promotion.

The design had two ferris wheels for the *ears* of the hat.
I have a clipping of the concept art if anyone is interested, though i am sure it is *out there* already in cyberspace.

Thankfully...it did not happen.
We just ended up stuck with a huge hat....blocking a already present beautiful icon....

That...scares me...

The Empress Lilly

I've never minded the EPCOT Soarin' film being about California. It is as much on-theme, or out of theme, as a Soarin' around the world.

The Land is about symbiosis, about man's relationship with the land. Any collection of random landscape and monument shots is an equal thematic fit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom