Miceage Update: New Soarin film by 2015, DHS refurb on the way.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Something is brewing for DHS. I know of 3 proposals and variations thereof. Nothing is pinned down yet from what I can find out. But it will be more than a lick of paint.

Soarin.... how longs this been proposed? WDSP was getting it a decade ago.... The only thing that may stop Epcot getting a new DCA version would be differences in projection room standards. Can't see how that would matter though. Of course, they could always upgrade Orlandos to Anaheim's quality.

tracyandalex

I don't know if this would have anything to do with Soarin movies or not, but aren't there a lot more repeat visitors to DLR then WDW? Most folks who go to WDW have never seen the Soarin movie so it's not in as bad of a need for an update?

tissandtully

I don't know if this would have anything to do with Soarin movies or not, but aren't there a lot more repeat visitors to DLR then WDW? Most folks who go to WDW have never seen the Soarin movie so it's not in as bad of a need for an update?

Uh, the huge specks of dust say otherwise. It's like you're flying with a murder of crows! Maybe that's what they are going for... :)

phi2134

Well.... I wish somehow DHS could keep its theme, but add some "sparkle" from DCA like a new roller coaster or Carsland or even a ferris wheel.;)

Could you imagine a ferris wheel at DHS? The cool thing would be that you might be able to see all of the other parks from way up high...the other thing is that it would be a ferris wheel in florida and there isnt much to look at.

bethymouse

:(
Could you imagine a ferris wheel at DHS? The cool thing would be that you might be able to see all of the other parks from way up high...the other thing is that it would be a ferris wheel in florida and there isnt much to look at.
That's true. I guess the hurricanes wouldn't allow it.

WDWFigment

Something is brewing for DHS. I know of 3 proposals and variations thereof. Nothing is pinned down yet from what I can find out. But it will be more than a lick of paint.

Soarin.... how longs this been proposed? WDSP was getting it a decade ago.... The only thing that may stop Epcot getting a new DCA version would be differences in projection room standards. Can't see how that would matter though. Of course, they could always upgrade Orlandos to Anaheim's quality.

When I saw it at DCA last week, there was a ton of dust on it there, too. I've never seen it in that poor of shape at DCA. No clue if it was just a one-off or what.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
When I saw it at DCA last week, there was a ton of dust on it there, too. I've never seen it in that poor of shape at DCA. No clue if it was just a one-off or what.
Sounds like part of the air handling system may have packed in.
Or someone left a door open..

imagineer boy

WDW should be the one getting the Soarin' over the world film, not DCA. The California footage makes sense there since it's in a California themed park! It's never fit at WDW, so why not just have the film go to WDW?

And I hope the dark ride updates for DL happen. They're all great but boy do they need updates. The same could be said for all of the FL dark rides in the Disney parks all over the world.

Because it thematically never made sense why one would be flying over California locations while you're in a theme park in Florida....

tracyandalex

Because it thematically never made sense why one would be flying over California locations while you're in a theme park in Florida....

Uh, the huge specks of dust say otherwise. It's like you're flying with a raven of crows! Maybe that's what they are going for... :)

hahaha, I purposely left out all the obvious reasons for a refurb. Perhaps they aren't as obvious to those in charge o_O

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I actually didn't realize that either haha. I was talking about the ride itself. It's TERRIFYING. Scariest ride at the resort and I'm not exaggerating. It's not fun, though it's called "Mickey's Fun Wheel." It should be renamed to "Mickey's Not-So Fun Wheel."

I LOVE Mickey's Fun Wheel! It's awesome! The swinging cars are the best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom