20K Water poured into Little Mermaid

iheartdisney91

that was nice.
i REALLY wish i was alive to been able to witness "20K"
though seeing the lagoon with no company, and just the subs
sitting in the water creeps me out, and just looks eerie to me.

AEfx

You'll have to forgive me, but I have terribly mixed emotions about this.

1) Very neat, on a conceptual level. I like little touches like this.

2) I was disgusted it was with a bunch of mommy blogger nobodies. I wondered who they were - designers, something - and then it's a bunch of mommy bloggers (which they bury at the end of the story because it has no significance at all and just proves the current criticism going around has merit).

3) I'm wary looking at that crystal clear water that it really was from the lagoon, and if it was I have a feeling it must have had some major chemicals added to it. I'm sure someone with more of a science background could say, but bottled contaminated water used in a theme park ride (which we all know has that lovely smell) bottled for a decade or two really wouldn't have been camera ready no matter how tightly sealed I would imagine. As it's just symbolic (or would have been if not for the mommy-bloggers), there has got to be something in that water, LOL. And if anyone did "lick the glass", then I would equate that with the kid who ate paste in kindergarten (though the paste was likely less toxic).

GeorgiaPinesRJB

You'll have to forgive me, but I have terribly mixed emotions about this.

1) Very neat, on a conceptual level. I like little touches like this.

2) I was disgusted it was with a bunch of mommy blogger nobodies. I wondered who they were - designers, something - and then it's a bunch of mommy bloggers (which they bury at the end of the story because it has no significance at all and just proves the current criticism going around has merit).

3) I'm wary looking at that crystal clear water that it really was from the lagoon, and if it was I have a feeling it must have had some major chemicals added to it. I'm sure someone with more of a science background could say, but bottled contaminated water used in a theme park ride (which we all know has that lovely smell) bottled for a decade or two really wouldn't have been camera ready no matter how tightly sealed I would imagine. As it's just symbolic (or would have been if not for the mommy-bloggers), there has got to be something in that water, LOL. And if anyone did "lick the glass", then I would equate that with the kid who ate paste in kindergarten (though the paste was likely less toxic).

Just one question... what are the mommt-bloggers? Terms get added and thrown around this site a lot and I can't keep track! haha a little help, please? :)

Slowjack

Ah, 20K, I will miss you. Here's the worst part of 20K's closing for me. I'd ridden the thing many times, but I was taking my wife (this is before we were married) for the first time, and we didn't ride it because the line was long, and time was short, etc., and even then I knew I'd be back there with her again. Well, sure--we've been back many times since, but 20K has not.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I think new FLE is looking great, and I'm looking forward to seeing it. I've been on the Mermaid ride at DCA and liked it a lot, and the MK version's building beats the DCA bulding by a zillion percent.

And this little thing was totally unmoving for me. Gad some people enjoyed it, but...:rolleyes

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Just one question... what are the mommt-bloggers? Terms get added and thrown around this site a lot and I can't keep track! haha a little help, please? :)
I believe the reference is to those who blog on The Disney Blog. There is another term that is used for them here that is not family friendly.

AEfx

"Disney Moms", "Mommy Bloggers", groups of (usually) females who post at various places super-happy-joy-joy info about Disney, usually nothing deeper than one would find on a press release. Disney hands out freebies to them and they fill the Internet with PR-laced nonsense in an attempt to create a "community" of DisneyStepfordWives.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

"Disney Moms", "Mommy Bloggers", groups of (usually) females who post at various places super-happy-joy-joy info about Disney, usually nothing deeper than one would find on a press release. Disney hands out freebies to them and they fill the Internet with PR-laced nonsense in an attempt to create a "community" of DisneyStepfordWives.

Oh...that sounds...yeah...good for them though!

lazyboy97o

Why the hell would Walt Disney Imagineering bottle and store swamp water just because it was treated and pumped into a ride? Was there some special magic about this particular water that it is no longer coming from Reedy Creek pipes?

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Why the hell would Walt Disney Imagineering bottle and store swamp water just because it was treated and pumped into a ride? Was there some special magic about this particular water that it is no longer coming from Reedy Creek pipes?

It's probably not even for the Lagoon, just a nice symbolic gesture (which I do like!) but still

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom